PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 05:09:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!  (Read 120118 times)
CaptainChris
ARR!

Picture it, Sicily 1922....

View Profile
Re: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
« Reply #210 on: 2008 July 02, 16:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's true, but shouldn't they have a solid black option as well for the people who don't want it to be reserved for their older Sims? Maybe they do and I just didn't notice it on the Store (since I got the files...*ahem*...elsewhere).

Shhh don't give them ideas. What next, they'll start selling the exclusive preorder items?
It's funny, I actually go out of my way now to purchase things that are not EA or Sony. Recently bought a new TV and Sound system, salesman man was pointing towards Sony, I told em no, ended up with Samsung. Much better. Also found great delight that The Sims Stories crap was in the $9 bargain bin.
Mheyin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2008 July 02, 17:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA are full of fail. If you read around the BBS, its full of complaints. And also at TSR  they don't like it, heh

Of course TSR hates it. Competition to see who can create the most crappy items!!  Cheesy

Yo-ho, haul together,
Hoist the colors high!
Heave-ho, thieves and beggars,
Never say we die!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2008 July 02, 17:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes you wonder if some of their creators are playing on both sides of the fence, doesn't it? Make recolours for TSR and the EA Store... Bet atwat would be on that shit like white on rice.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2008 July 02, 18:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And also at TSR  they don't like it, heh
I don't know about the regular users, but you know those FA's and SA's share and share alike! Unless EA gave Steve & Co. freebies, they'll have to pay for junk they want. Now they're getting a taste of their own medicine.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2008 July 02, 18:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, of the 'exclusive' store stuff I've been able to find so far (Yeah, I put them in my game. That's what we CC whores do! It's okay though. They're in a separate folder so easy to take out.) I like 21/2 things. The male hair mesh is actually okay. Yucky Maxis textures, yeah, but if it ends up being recolourable it could actually be pretty cute. I also don't mind the male vest outfit. It's not something all my Sim-guys are going to wear, but okay for certain types. And finally the Cubic series desk - that's the 1/2, because I really like the right-hand side of the desk, and really hate the left-hand side.

As for the rest of it: FUG! All the female hairs look like ass. (Except for the one that looks like an inferior version of Nouk's squid hair.) The Cubic furniture is hideous, and the Deco set reminds me of that ancient and ugly dresser that my grandparents used to keep in the spare bedroom downstairs. Ultimately, I'd feel cheated if I'd paid for any of that crap!

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2008 July 02, 18:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's exactly what I've been saying. The male vest outfit is pretty decent, and the male hair mesh could be made okay with better textures. Personally, I don't like any of the furniture, and all the rest of the hair and clothes are some of the ugliest things I've seen in a while. Overall, not a very good ratio of quality to fug.

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
celligirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2008 July 02, 18:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not been impressed with what I saw at the EA store. Certainly not impressed enough to buy any of it. :p In fact, I wish there was some way to remove all the Maxis fug that I will never ever use from my game. More room for pretty CC!

Streaky hairs...Well, I'd like some (excessively) long, grey-streaked, dark auburn hair. Solely because that's what I have IRL. I've yet to find any, though.

As for Arring...Well, I've got an ARR'ed Freetime. In my zeal as a (at the time) brand-new player when FT came out, I wanted it badly, but it wasn't available for purchase anywhere here in Backwater Podunk. So, I went to EA's site to download it from them (At the time, I had no idea that SecureROM existed), and lo and behold I couldn't get a connection to the download area thingy. So, I torrented, with the intention of buying it when the "local" (Read: An hour's drive away) Walmart decided to get it in stock. Ended up never quite getting around to buying it. Now I'm glad that I didn't. The newest EP that I paid for is Seasons which seems to be SuckyROM free, yes?

A string quartet: A good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and a person who hates violins.
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2008 July 02, 18:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, is it just me or are all the Sims Store exclusive lamps kind of broken? I made a test house with all the new furniture, and none of the lamps seem to give off much light at all. The light reflects a tiny bit off nearby furniture, but doesn't even reach the floor! This is with the wall, table and floor lamps.

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2008 July 02, 18:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This cracks me up:

Quote from: TSR thread
Kamus4547        Yesterday, 09:47 AM       Post #20

So EA has opened up a pay site! How funny is that.

I'll stick with TSR & Simslice.

Kat
OMG! EA has a pay site! How awful! I'm not going there, I'm going to these other two sites which are not only paysites, but illegal ones! Yay!

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2008 July 02, 19:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two words to describe that person: dumb fuck!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Mheyin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2008 July 02, 19:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please, for the love of all that is holy, let that be sarcasm.....  Undecided

Yo-ho, haul together,
Hoist the colors high!
Heave-ho, thieves and beggars,
Never say we die!
celligirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2008 July 02, 19:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*dies*

You do have to wonder, though: Now that EA has its own pay-to-download site, might they take a more jaundiced view of all the illegal paysites out there? Since they're, you know, in competition now? Or maybe they don't see it as competition? I don't see how it isn't, though, the only difference being that EA actually has a legal right to sell stuff...

A string quartet: A good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and a person who hates violins.
Panthpirate
ARR!

hai i can has intrawebz lawyer nao kthxbai

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2008 July 02, 19:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: TSR thread
Kamus4547        Yesterday, 09:47 AM       Post #20

So EA has opened up a pay site! How funny is that.

I'll stick with TSR & Simslice.

LMAO. I'm saving that for future lulz.
Theria
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2008 July 02, 19:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Le sigh. TWICE today, I have to make my first post at different forums (brief post high-jack...Hey, everyone. New. Read the faqs. Lurked. Throw rotten tomatoes if you must).

I tried to post to the BBS thread that was linked earlier and got a message back that it was read-only. Did I come to late to the party with my disgust and fist shaking? I even tried to be nice for once!

I swear, always the bridesmaid in the fugly dress, never the bride...
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2008 July 02, 20:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theria: welcome! You seem to be the acceptable variety of noob. Wink

And I doubt that BBSer's post is sarcastic, although that would make it a little easier to swallow. It irritates me to no end that people seem incapable of comprehending the difference between EA selling downloads and sites like TSR doing the same thing. Yeah, The Sims Store is repugnant, but it's not technically illegal. The so-called "Paysite Debate" isn't about not wanting to pay for things, it's about respecting the rules of the EULA. Not that EA itself is respecting its own players at all anymore, but you know what I mean. The phorum was designed to liberate illegal payfiles and give pirates a place to talk about their interest, not just to give shit away to cheap people (that's just a bonus. Wink ). That's why we don't have isos of the game itself in the booty, for god's sake. People are more than welcome to download from the booty just because they are cheap bastards, even if they still support the (nonexistent) "rights" of sites like TSR or Peggy Zone, but they're better off keeping their mouths shut about it around here unless they want a quick, sharp education between the ribs.

I'll just go elsewhere to download the Sims Store stuff. Cheesy

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: