PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 15:07:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!  (Read 120082 times)
fhat cat
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
« Reply #195 on: 2008 July 02, 04:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First post, please don't eat me.  I love cats, though, so macros may not be too bad a punishment. Grin

Fhat cat says MOAR LURKING!!!
Fhat cat says paysites iz dumb!

Macros aside, grats on first post!
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2008 July 02, 07:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just read most of the way through SMLisa's post on the Sims 2 site and I LOVE the fact that the posters on there are going "are you kidding me, I would get a better deal from a paysite".. What EA fails to understand is firstly that there's a limit to how much money they can milk out of people, and they're not going to get money out of people if there are amatuers who can do it better or in some cases for free..

Interesting to see whether the concept flies or not though.. The way the majority of the active community feels about EA right now, I'm not sure it will. I'm not registering, I can't be arsed and I refuse to support the concept.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2008 July 02, 08:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First post, please don't eat me.  I love cats, though, so macros may not be too bad a punishment. Grin

The eating depends entirely on how tasty you are. Wanna give us a taste? I'm sure you have extra fingers or toes you don't really need. Wink
Welcome, and have some rum, MintGreen!  Cheesy

Fhat cat says MOAR LURKING!!!
Fhat cat says paysites iz dumb!

Macros aside, grats on first post!

*gently pokes fhat cat*
Hey, fhat cat, we tell newbs they need to LURK MOAR only if they post something stupid. MintGreen's post was not stupid, therefore s/he does not need to lurk moar. Besides, since she joined PMBD in last January and you only joined yesterday, perhaps in this respect it is you who needs to lurk moar, hmm? Wink

*Offers some rum to fhat cat, just to see him/her pass out again*

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
devilsrope
ARR!

She's filled with secrets.

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2008 July 02, 08:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welcome, MintGreen. I see no reason cats should fly based on that post.

I, too, am interested to see how the fiasco plays out through the next couple weeks. Whether or not the store items become "must haves" for the sheeple, or if they write it off due to the obvious greed on EA's part. Even though the store items are grossly overpriced, I think I wouldn't mind it if a) only EP/SP objects were for sale there, and b) they left our game alone - no securom crapola, no patching, etc. But since it's not, I wanted in on a piece of the butthurt, and I wanted to see the enemy in action. For those reasons I decided to pass a bit o' rum. I worry that the elitist "need it nao!!1!" mentality will get to people after the shock wears off.

Jonze
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: 2008 July 02, 12:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

need it NAO!!1!

Not really though, it's all a bit crap Tongue

I was browsing the ea website and noticed the shop for the first time (I've just come back to the sims after months) and was so shocked!
I know I'm a bit late to teh party (I usually am) but just wanted to let it be know that I, Jonze E Duff, am officially PISSED.
EA, you are getting no more of my money. I was waiting to get Freetime, Ikea, and K&B because I'm so broke, but now I'm gonna arr them all. Thanks EA, you've just made it sooo easy to steal from you.
You have lost a loyal customer (I've bought every sims 2 ep and sp except the ones mentioned above)

Way to go assholes

(and I know your not done screwing us over yet. Someday I see you as a giant pimp, with all ur little paysite whores running around giving out crappy handjobs for extortionate prices)

*edit* was logged in under my roomies profile!

IcemanSimmer
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 2008 July 02, 12:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can not believe that someone already bought 90% of the 'exclusive' items.
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=227931

She must spend a lot on that.

While looking through that Exchange Album, I noticed a table lamp and a floor lamp that looked very familiar...

...and then it struck me!!!

The 2 lamps EAxis are selling belong in a set of 4 lamps that Havelock "lost & found" in the Ikea Stuff Pack and was made available over at MATY's Peasantry. Here is where things become rather odd. From what I gather, MaxoidDrea bitched about the free lamps and they were no longer available for download. EAxis opens their paysite 1-2 days later and you now have the priviledge of buying what was once free (The lamps have been reposted on another thread http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12304.0.html)

Was all this just coincidence? I don't think so but will leave that up to you to decide for yourselves. One other thought, Numenor has been doing his "Lost & Found" series for a long time. These objects are all created by EAxis and locked inside the game files until they have been set free. Where do these objects stand in EAxis's POV?
Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2008 July 02, 14:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA, you're just getting ridiculous. What's next, you're going to create software that will fry my Wii the next time I play an EA Sports game?

I've officially decided never to buy another piece of shit that comes out of your company. Not that you really had anything I was looking forward to, but just in case.

ADCO_Tae
ARR!

Civil official from TH & Banned ex-FA of TSR

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2008 July 02, 14:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just posted a thread in BBS that 'innocently' ask the Maxoids that Can we recolor hairs & clothes from Sims 2 Store for personal use ? Is there any code in the file that prevent us from export it from bodyshop ?

People on MATY said the files are not exportable from BS. I want to see how they will answer this because if people know that they can not make recolor, they might not buy stuff there  Grin.

I changed a lot from a stupid teen working for TSR to a civil official ( Position : Assistant District Chief Officer ) working for my country.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2008 July 02, 15:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While looking through that Exchange Album, I noticed a table lamp and a floor lamp that looked very familiar...

...and then it struck me!!!

The 2 lamps EAxis are selling belong in a set of 4 lamps that Havelock "lost & found" in the Ikea Stuff Pack and was made available over at MATY's Peasantry. Here is where things become rather odd. From what I gather, MaxoidDrea bitched about the free lamps and they were no longer available for download. EAxis opens their paysite 1-2 days later and you now have the priviledge of buying what was once free (The lamps have been reposted on another thread http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12304.0.html)

Was all this just coincidence? I don't think so but will leave that up to you to decide for yourselves. One other thought, Numenor has been doing his "Lost & Found" series for a long time. These objects are all created by EAxis and locked inside the game files until they have been set free. Where do these objects stand in EAxis's POV?

This has already been mentioned in the last couple of pages, actually, but it's an interesting enough topic to mention again.

This has happened in the past, I believe. Unless I'm mistaken, there are a number of items of children's bedroom furniture that were released as Lost & Found items that were later released in EPs and/or SPs. I'm also pretty sure that the plumeria tree that was released on a recent EP/SP (I don't absolutely recall which one, but I want to say Freetime) was released by Numenor as a Lost & Found item that could be pulled out of the base game files.

I find this slightly less offensive than the constant and blatant rip-offs of modders, but it's still a sign of the laziness of EAxis. They do slightly more work when they make a game, then they lock up some of the programming so they can release it in trickles later, thus making it appear that they're working hard all along. Why not put the same amount of initial effort into making a game with attractive content that doesn't bug out periodically, and then put in some more actual work later on when your fans want more content? I'll tell you why: pure, unadulterated laziness.

I just posted a thread in BBS that 'innocently' ask the Maxoids that Can we recolor hairs & clothes from Sims 2 Store for personal use ? Is there any code in the file that prevent us from export it from bodyshop ?

People on MATY said the files are not exportable from BS. I want to see how they will answer this because if people know that they can not make recolor, they might not buy stuff there  Grin.

Take that, bitches! Wink

Good idea about how to handle that issue and get some more much-deserved negative attention for the Store, too. Someone has already responded to your post saying that the new meshes are just like any other, so it just goes to show that the topic definitely needs some light shed upon it.

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
ADCO_Tae
ARR!

Civil official from TH & Banned ex-FA of TSR

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2008 July 02, 15:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take that, bitches! Wink

Good idea about how to handle that issue and get some more much-deserved negative attention for the Store, too. Someone has already responded to your post saying that the new meshes are just like any other, so it just goes to show that the topic definitely needs some light shed upon it.

Thanks.

Don't you want to be the one that post

I buy hairs and clothes there, but bodyshop does not allow me to export my files.

Then that thread will be fun  Grin.

I changed a lot from a stupid teen working for TSR to a civil official ( Position : Assistant District Chief Officer ) working for my country.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2008 July 02, 15:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What pisses me off beyond words is that the "store" is just another devious attempt  to sneak securom into the computers of the people who've managed to avoid it so far. Angry

I can't wait for the class action suit.  This has GOT to be illegal.  I will never trust EA again, or buy another EA product.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: 2008 July 02, 15:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just posted that I didn't think you could recolor them.  Just to add to the fire a bit. 

What pisses me off beyond words is that the "store" is just another devious attempt  to sneak securom into the computers of the people who've managed to avoid it so far. Angry

That is exactly my problem.  I haven't gotten anything past Seasons because of SecuRom.  I don't want to even try and see if it would mess up my computer and really, that isn't the point.  The point is that it is intrusive and that is all I need to know.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2008 July 02, 15:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and the black version of the tiara hair? Has white streaks in it which makes it look awful Roll Eyes
I actually like that. It would be great for an elder who hasn't quite gone gray. A lot of women on the maternal side of my family either don't go gray at all or just get one little streak.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2008 July 02, 15:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't you want to be the one that post

I buy hairs and clothes there, but bodyshop does not allow me to export my files.

Then that thread will be fun  Grin.

If I posted on the BBS, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Give it time, though, as I'm sure some brave and intelligent soul will rally to your cause.

I can't wait for the class action suit.  This has GOT to be illegal.  I will never trust EA again, or buy another EA product.

I wish I knew for a fact that it is illegal. Sadly, my legal knowledge is relegated to "don't kill people, don't rape people, don't steal things, don't start fires, and don't let them catch you smoking what's in that little plastic baggie in your purse." Wink I can see how they might be able to get away with having SecuRom on their discs, but on their downloads? It does seem more than a little fishy. The worst part is that EA probably has a cave full of bloodthirsty lawyers who could easily skew the case in their favor. Perhaps there are some keen legal minds here who might be able to give the rest of us some insight?

Oh, and the black version of the tiara hair? Has white streaks in it which makes it look awful Roll Eyes
I actually like that. It would be great for an elder who hasn't quite gone gray. A lot of women on the maternal side of my family either don't go gray at all or just get one little streak.

That's true, but shouldn't they have a solid black option as well for the people who don't want it to be reserved for their older Sims? Maybe they do and I just didn't notice it on the Store (since I got the files...*ahem*...elsewhere).

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2008 July 02, 16:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA are full of fail. If you read around the BBS, its full of complaints. And also at TSR  they don't like it, heh

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: