PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 06:31:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 22 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 819741 times)
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1995 on: 2009 September 19, 04:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have to share this comment that was in posted on TSR about their news update for Workshop:

cool this is sweet u guys r awsome have u evr considedered merging with modthesims.info?

Someone really has no clue about the relationship between MTS and TSR, do they?

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1996 on: 2009 September 19, 04:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, I saw that comment as well - I was gonna post a reply but figured that getting banned from TSR wouldn't help my cause at all.

Perhaps gullible Sheeples like this one could be turned persuaded to ditch TSR quite easily. It could be that the secret to bringing down TSR is to take advantage of the stupidity of its paying userbase.

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1997 on: 2009 September 19, 05:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been looking back at all my server logs from when I was hacked looking for something, anything, that I could use as evidence against TSR and I came across something interesting.

It seems the same week as my website, www.sims3central.net was hacked, my other website; www.luinasims.com was the victim of a DOS attack.

This single day my website used 26% of the months total bandwidth usage; often small-medium peaks in traffic can be explained by an update but I had not updated on the day, nor the week beforehand. Seeing this anomaly, I decided to investigate further.

As this log shows, a single download was downloaded over 2100 times. The download had been online for over 12 months and had never been downloaded more than 5 times in a month up until this time (It is a very unpopular and -If I may say so myself- very craptacular download) Further investigation found that all of these downloads occurred within the period of 3 hours, during which the site went offline to excessive cpu usage. According to the hosts server log, the particular server I was then hosted on; creation.lunarbreeze.com suffered downtime due to reseting all connections because the DOS protection was activated (Or something along those lines, I didn't quite understand all the graphs they provided me with)

Lastly, on that day I got one visit from a hostname that downloaded over 2200 files! How many people download that much CC in a single visit? Answer: 0.

The first hostname (internode.on.net) belongs to me, and it only bigger than the second becuase I took a full backup of every file (1300'ish) on my hosting account, hence why it has more KB's transferred than the second.

All I can establish from this is that someone tried a large DOS attack on my website the same time as my Photobucket and other site being hacked that was thwarted only by my hosting provider.

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: 2009 September 19, 10:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At this point I'm just watching the train wreck.

Try playing Sims?  It might cheer you up a bit.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: 2009 September 19, 12:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, shouldn't you be hanging around with your shady millionaire friends? I mean, what's left? You've come here and all but endorsed TSR's toxic tool -

Quote from: Quorneater
I think I am going to like using Workshop once it is finished, and I think most other creators are too.

- Hey, if you can supply them with a smiling headshot  (then again, maybe a smirking one would be more appropriate), maybe they'll use it on the downloads page.

Again, this playing out almost exactly like coconut predicted.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: 2009 September 19, 12:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol!  Ok Cheesy

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: 2009 September 19, 15:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, you should get a server more like ours, then. The MATY servers automatically banhammer anyone who tries something like that.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: 2009 September 19, 23:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At this point I'm just watching the train wreck.

Try playing Sims?  It might cheer you up a bit.

Because your brain has apparently been stolen, you seem not to have noticed that I said you amuse me now. I'm watching the train wreck because it's way more fun than playing Sims 3, which is shit. However, I have other games to play, and many things to do other than play computer games, but it takes like 7 minutes to see what's up on PMBD.

KatCat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: 2009 September 22, 17:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know where else to post this and I didn't want to create a new thread just for this, so I hope it is okay to post here.  Looks like their forums still email members when new replies are made.  I've not been to TSR in a long time but I received an email notice about a new post in Padre's FA thread.  Looks like he has retired and made all his items free.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Padre/blog/view
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: 2009 September 22, 18:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The princess has stepped down? Oh frabjous day, calloo callay! And in other words, the Jack of Hearts stole some hearts and died of terminal indigestion... Sorry about being cynical, but I just can't get too enthused about a second-rate drama queen quitting and putting their illegal paystuff to free status, where it should have been since day one... One down, how many more to go?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
simsrocks
ARR!

Sparkle

View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: 2009 September 22, 18:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow!
He has as well! I just looked.

Wonderful =D Now if only we could get more people going free. *gives him a cookie*
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: 2009 September 22, 18:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If we don't appreciate the small things and drink to them, then what's all our rum for?
Yay, no more Paden Padre for pay!  I was amused by how Paden Padre wrote that leaving was voluntarily.  
FAs are contract workers.  You don't produce, they don't pay you.

edit: fixed horribly embarrassing typo (see Paden's post below)
« Last Edit: 2009 September 22, 19:53:08 by CatOfWar » Logged

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: 2009 September 22, 19:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, I'M Paden. HE's Padre. I've always been free. He's always been a pay douchebag. Also, I haz boobies while he IS a boob. *waits for apology cookie*

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: 2009 September 22, 19:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eeep!  Paden, so sorry!  A million apologies for accidentally mixing you up with a pay creator!
*hands over basket of apology cookies and hides in shame*

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: 2009 September 22, 19:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can a princess lawfully abdicate? I always imagined that they had to be dragged to a guillotine and dispensed with. Well, as long as he's giving up the title and the tiara, good luck to him, I suppose.

(Paden, get rid of the coach-and-six and the confusion will end)

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: