PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 11:56:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  2 for u thieving off of Enayla
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 2 for u thieving off of Enayla  (Read 59957 times)
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
2 for u thieving off of Enayla
« Reply #105 on: 2007 April 21, 21:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we have to admit that the bench picture is clearly over-painting of a photo. It is however, 5 years old and I haven't seen anything else that convinces me. If what she did was easy, there would be tons of it out there.

Rickets skintone looks like a much better version of what exnem does. Also a lot like what "Donna" did.

I'm sure lots of people use this kind of stuff. Very few people can shade and draw a realistic skintone.
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007 April 23, 14:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well things over at InSim are heating up. Me and my fellow members of the Animal Army have been flaming the guestbook daily, me posting links to the booty and all.

I've also emailed the webhoster now, telling them that they are hosting an illegal site. I included the EA EULA as well as a note that they are also making money with stolen goods from Enayla.

The Chihuahua With No-Mercy has spoken. LULZ

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2007 April 23, 14:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swung by the GB at some time and what I saw was a very distressed person saying he was sorry and would never do it again and that there really was nothing to do but wait for Chriko to get back.

And then people just kept on flaming him.

I don't really care what they did - we got that bit covered - but what yous are doing is not very mature in my opinion and it just turns my sympathy the other way, to be honest.

What happened to benefit of the doubt? It's not like they can as much as update the text on the front of their homepage without everyone knowing that Chriko is back.

Sheesh.

And let's not forget - not everyone is infallible. People do make mistakes such as borrowing a bit too much (which Enayla herself even admitted to having done in the past) and only having one admin when they didn't expect the need for more.

So they're unprofessional and noobish and bad. I get it. We all got it a long time ago. Heck, the rest of the team might not even know when Chriko is back.

Just lay off already. Please. There is nothing more to be achieved at this point anyway. Well, apart from inciting people who just love a good flame and don't care against who or what and frankly - making yourself look bad.

Just my two cents.  Tongue

P.S. Can yous tell that my fear of being flamed off the forum has subsided?

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2007 April 23, 14:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ehrm well I'm sorry but THAT excuse is just Bullshit. *do not know about copyright* Yeah I've heard better excuses for stupidity.

And AndyMy, you can't blame ingnorance for being a thief.

I'm sorry, Andymy, but common sense really should have told you that if you were going to use part of the content of other creators, you should've at least checked with the original artist BEFORE using it for public use. ­ If you don't know about TOS/can't contact the artists in some way, it's better to just leave it alone and not use it outside of your own personal use...

Blatent ignorience is not an excuse ... it never is AndyMy!

I must say, I'm very glad I've never managed to be able to donate, knowing that such little attention is given to verifying content.

It doesn't matter if Chriko is the sole admin of the site--Andymy should have the SENSE not to steal from someone else, should have read Enayla's TOS and realised that, hey, she doesn't want her stuff redistributed, let alone STOLEN.

You don't even need to be able to read a freaking TOS to understand that plagiarism is a HUGE no-no.

Uhm? Even if you have no idea about copyright...you should have at least this much brain to know that plagiarizing work from others is forbidden.

Andymy is just another dramawhore out for some $$$.

And no, I seriously do not know mercy. Paysites must be destroyed. Selfish and Stupid ones even more. I'm not kidding and there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR BEING A PAYSITE.

pescado's fangirl*

<3
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2007 April 23, 14:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"
P.S. Can yous tell that my fear of being flamed off the forum has subsided?

Yeah - it does that  :lol: It's like a static electricity shock - you need to just get it over with. Although if Pescado had his way, I'm sure that it would painful to press e v e r y   k e y .

Quote from: "darkangel"
And no, I seriously do not know mercy. Paysites must be destroyed. Selfish and Stupid ones even more. I'm not kidding and there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR BEING A PAYSITE.

There isn't, and I totally agree with you.  But being a little bit quieter about it might have more effect than persecuting them.  Lots of sites are now pulling their support of 2foru and are very angry about this - be too mean, and they'll become the underdog, and people will feel sorry for them - and do the opposite of what we want. It's not about being merciful - it's about showing through subtle means that "Look see - paysites are bad" rather than getting the screaming horde knocking on the castle gates.

Screaming hordes never get sympathy.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2007 April 23, 15:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
There isn't, and I totally agree with you.  But being a little bit quieter about it might have more effect than persecuting them.  Lots of sites are now pulling their support of 2foru and are very angry about this - be too mean, and they'll become the underdog, and people will feel sorry for them - and do the opposite of what we want. It's not about being merciful - it's about showing through subtle means that "Look see - paysites are bad" rather than getting the screaming horde knocking on the castle gates.

Screaming hordes never get sympathy.

Yes this may be. Wait, you could even be right regarding "PMBD". But nobody would know about this thieving. Plus we are not lyke "PMBD" (as in we don't say oh this site has to go down because it's pay). We are saying that thieving is wrong. And they thieved off Enayla. How should people know without SCREAMING.  :wink:
Anybody who'd still donate to a site who thieves off free artists cannot be helped.

pescado's fangirl*

<3
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2007 April 23, 21:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I see the merit in all of your opinions (DarkAngel, MizzKitty and Calalily).

I have no sympathy for Andymy, and I don't think he or she deserves it.  Any creator who's been around long enough knows not to take someone's work and alter it without permission or credit.  Even downloaders know this because this is something that has been said time and time again in this community since TS1.  Therefore, unless this person's been living in a cave, he or she most likely knew this community-wide rule.

Yes, it was the screaming horde who had brought attention to these thefts internationally and rightfully so.  Now, it's time to take a different tack as Calalily had suggested.  The damage has been done - now maybe it's best to sit back and let everyone else see for themselves just how bad paysites really are.  After all, 2-for-U did this to itself without anybody's help by leaving Enayla's skins up and by only having one admin for the site (I'm not sure how true that is).  This is just my opinion, anyway.

However, if Chriko does come back from his vacation and doesn't do anything about the situation, then I'll be more than happy to join the animal army from Insim.  Tongue   I already have an animal-based name over there.  :wink:

ETA:  I don't blame Chriko or his site for any of this.  He may not have known about Andymy's thieving ways.  I'll personally give Chriko the benefit of the doubt until I see how he reacts to all of this.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2007 April 24, 04:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah - I'm not so sure that Chriko should be given the benefit of the doubt - Andymy has stolen before.

He took the autumn leaves skin of Enayla's and lightened and flattened the leaves, and the winter face makeup of Aikea Guinea (both at MTS2) and made them into skintones.  After debate and proof showing it MTS2 pulled it - when people were screaming he was thieving - it was pulled down.  

Chriko really should have known this - I mean - if you're going to get a guest artist - find out their history first, and all the thieving they've done in the past.  I mean shit - I knew it so why not Chriko? Not to mention that that totally puts holes in his argument of "very solly - not know not know" - which is absolute bullshit.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2007 April 24, 04:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What did Andymy steal from Enayla in the August donation set?  All I see are clothes, no skins?

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007 April 24, 04:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus I also think a PROFESSIONAL site (after all I'm giving my money to them amirite?) should CHECK on their stuff. Booh.

Still, the skins are NOT down. Andymy still says they're "his skins" (quote: "you wan to tell to all the people not to download my skins and all the S hit Huh")...you can tell he's not sorry for his actions. Especially as this has happened before.  :roll:

pescado's fangirl*

<3
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007 April 24, 05:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Yeah - I'm not so sure that Chriko should be given the benefit of the doubt - Andymy has stolen before.

Chriko really should have known this - I mean - if you're going to get a guest artist - find out their history first, and all the thieving they've done in the past.  I mean shit - I knew it so why not Chriko?

Quote from: "DarkAngel"
Plus I also think a PROFESSIONAL site (after all I'm giving my money to them amirite?) should CHECK on their stuff. Booh.

I never knew about Andymy's past, and thanks for letting me know. :oops: You've also raised really good points about why Chriko shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt, especially since he really should have checked out anybody who submits to his site.  If nothing else, it would have ensured his site's (previously) good reputation.

I used to really like 2-for-U, and I was really hoping that the owner was unaware.  But the evidence seems to be piling up against him, and I'd really like to see how he handles this.
DiSparrow
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007 April 24, 05:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "darkangel"

Still, the skins are NOT down. Andymy still says they're "his skins" (quote: "you wan to tell to all the people not to download my skins and all the S hit Huh")...you can tell he's not sorry for his actions. Especially as this has happened before.  :roll:

Yeah and because he seems to be not sorry about it makes me think he knew exactly what he was doing.

And about the professional site... good point they should check their shit before they post it. You would think they would want to avoid issues like this.
mohicantunes
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007 April 24, 06:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's really pitifull andymy is acting like that.
I like 2 for u... hopefully chriko was to busy to notice that she has a thief in her website
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007 April 24, 06:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many of Andymy's stolen creations were pulled from MTS2?  

He sounds like he's panicking.  I wonder if he's running scared, especially with Chriko being on "vacation" and all.
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007 April 24, 07:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WTF Huh did get that Huh I never posted at MTS2 NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

said Andymy on my comment about MTS2.

Proof anyone?

pescado's fangirl*

<3
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: