PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 01:09:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 11 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 878591 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #2655 on: 2009 August 13, 18:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crochet and knitting were, to my mind, just fancy ways of doing knots and such... Don't mind me, just being a twerp.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Robyn
Landlubber

Brennen Sie sie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2656 on: 2009 August 13, 18:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snip*
I will go put up a tutorial for it, because I do think alot of people will like to recategorize their patterns to suit them.  I will dig into the actual names used later so I at least appear to know what I'm talking about. Cheesy 

Mmmm! I would love this!

Question. Will it work for EA patterns? Or custom ones already made? Or did I just miss that completely? Sorry If I did.

Also, we can share our things we're making in this thread, yeah?

I made some LOLCats poster recolours, for TS2. I like them, not sure others will though as I'm not the best with these things, I am still learning.

Picture link: http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/Robyn_Song/Sims%202/setpreview.jpg

You can download them on my Sim Share forum.
Download link: http://simshare.freeforums.org/lol-cats-paintings-t255.html
We're moving to a new host this Saturday so after Saturday Aug 15 that link won't work, I'll repost with a new link then.

mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: 2009 August 13, 19:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think Weave and wicker is suitable & correct?

Well, crocheting and knitting are 2 ways of weaving fiber into fabric. Combined with wicker though? Weaving then would be more like weaving reeds into a basket, a placemat..something like that. So, I'd put crocheted and knitted fabric/patterns into Misc.
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2658 on: 2009 August 13, 23:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I added a picture for the tutorial. Smiley  Feel free to let me know if anything doesn't make sense or needs clarification.  Wouldn't it be cool if we could add categories?

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=363669

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: 2009 August 14, 00:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay, the tute is up! That's awesome HugeLunatic! Well if people manage to find it as "sims 3 creation" isn't very instinctive for changing something already existing. But there's not much choice at MTS so whatever. Afterall when I searched I looked there too Tongue
Wouldn't it be cool if we could add categories?
Yeah I would immediately add "Lace and Kintting" Grin That would save me a headache. Or Crochet and Knitting.
I think it's doable since it's a roll-down menu but I have no idea how to do that at all.

mustluvcatz, yup I guess I'll go for Misc category. It seems to be the best compromise.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2660 on: 2009 August 14, 00:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd put knitting and crochet into fabric myself.....because that's what it is, its a fabric.

Of course, for fabric on some of my sims clothing I've used metal, because I think it looks more like a silk than any of the fabrics do.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: 2009 August 14, 01:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd put knitting and crochet into fabric myself.....because that's what it is, its a fabric.

Of course, for fabric on some of my sims clothing I've used metal, because I think it looks more like a silk than any of the fabrics do.

Well I've seen on some of the stuff EA made, they used metal or plastics for a fabric.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: 2009 August 14, 01:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Rum: I sometimes use plastic or metal for the sheets and pillows on the beds because it looks shiny and silk like.  Grin And yeah it works for simulating pleathery PVCish clothes too. Thing is it doesn't work on all meshes though and the effects seem to vary so I think it's partially how that mesh was created and what sort of effects settings it has enabled on it.

@HL: Do you know of any way possible to get the patterns installed via .package to still show the custom content icon on their picture? I would love it if they did. I can't tell what the hell is and isn't custom content in my game. With most of the other things I can sort of tell just off of memory from looking at it, but with all the patterns I downloaded I have no flipping clue!

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
HugeLunatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2663 on: 2009 August 14, 02:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the only way is if the pattern itself has a small signature on it.  My second window I did just that, because I missed knowing if something was custom or not.  I realize right now people might be able to remember, but once the EPs start coming there's no way.   If patterns use a custom thumbnail like objects do, then the creator could add it.  I noticed a couple of patterns had a png in there, but I don't know the why or what for.

Although, somebody else is creating patterns in sims3packs.  I don't know who it is, maybe someone else remembers, but if you install those via the launcher do they add some sort of custom marker?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: 2009 August 14, 02:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes they do. Anything installed as a sims3pack via the launcher will get the custom icon.

Hate to say it but I think those sims3pack patterns come from the TSR tool. Tongue

Of course if someone makes a pattern that is just a recolor of an EA one they can export it to sims3pack from just using the game.

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
HugeLunatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2665 on: 2009 August 14, 03:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep it is the TSR tool.  I downloaded a pattern from simplan-x and exported to a package using echo's package extractor, then looked at it in postal.  It does have the TSR icon.  Wonder if Delphy would consider adding this feature?  A png for an icon.

- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: 2009 August 14, 04:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A button in Postal to add a png with a custom symbol and another one to add a symbol to an already existing png in the package. That seems really reasonable, nothing too huge to do. *sends mental request to echo*

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: 2009 August 14, 16:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know what Stylist sims (or whatever they are called) is using for their furniture because they have added a small site icon to their furniture thumbnails.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: 2009 August 14, 17:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't they only added that in the thumbnail pngs themsleves? You know it only takes 30 sec to do.

scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: 2009 August 14, 18:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know anything about creating.  I was just trying to help. Smiley

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: