PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 05:55:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Retail Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Retail Sims  (Read 101660 times)
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Retail Sims
« Reply #195 on: 2006 November 07, 07:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lackey"
Quote from: "Eve"
Ok, I am one of the sites that is having my pay files distributed here. To be honest I was not worried about it at all. From day 1 I knew my meshes and donation files would be shared and actually feel quite honoured that people thought enough of the files to bother sharing! lolol

I also didn't bother downloading any of the files being distributed because I do not have any other files in my game but my meshes. I do not see the point because I don't play the game, I just make meshes Smiley

I do however think it is quite wrong to "slam" all sites who offer sets for donation, not all of us are against file sharing and jump up and down about it. What site do I have? nunya!! lololol

I just have to say, this is refreshing. Good for you.

Very!  I applaud your views.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Enelar
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #196 on: 2006 November 07, 08:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if Miss Retailsims tyrade had a decent point, I'd still not be on her side due to her:

1. Threatening the computers of several Sims players over ONE donation set being shared. (gleam of revenge in her eyes indeed)

2. Assuming anyone who file shares is a low life idiot with no life.

3. The "WAHHH I'M TAKING MY TOYS AND GOING HOME!!11" dramafest

That alone discredits any seriousness I would have treated her with and what I find truly amusing is that everyone here is mature, quite literate and more intelligent sounding than Miss Retail Sims and her sheep! Afterall, no one here has sunk to childish insults to win sympathy or an arguement or threatened the Sims community with harm via an illegal means. She's done both. And oh, if she only knew who I really am, the shock and watching her quickly eat her words would almost be worth it  Tongue

To all the sheep with their "someone should do this to them lol" bullshit: Oh yes, by all means, please DO distribute my work in it's original form for free with full credit. Everything I've ever written was posted freely and I could use the free press. I won't even send a "black hat" after you!

Kill fandom now, got it memorized?
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #197 on: 2006 November 07, 11:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "simminggramma"

I know the content has been removed but the main page is still there with the ads.  So . . .
I emailed Google and sent them a copy of a portion of HChangeri's tirade.  I received a reply stating that to uphold their quality and reputation they would look into the matter.  

We'll see.

Hahaha, wow. I didn't even think of that.  Shocked
Mat Cauthon
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #198 on: 2006 November 07, 14:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe that someone (the owner of RetailSims) is making such a big fuss over a game! Yes a game! As much as I enjoy the Sims2 I'm sorry, but the world would hardly end tomorrow if every creator took down their sim creations.  Either people would continue to play the game with what they have, or they would decide that they do not like to play without new mods and then wouldn't.  Anyone who expects me to start sobbing and begging for their creations to be reuploaded is going to wait a long time.  

Plus I use to have RetailSims objects in my game earlier this year when I first discovered custom content and downloaded everything I saw.  Basically they just clogged up my Buy catalogue and never got used.  The reason is because while her store sets may be in useful for someone making a movie or shooting pictures for a story, they serve no actual purpose in the game.  The vast majority of her objects are just deco items and long ago I got rid of everything that doesn't look great and serve some sort of function in my game.  Otherwise my game takes forever to load and has a clogged up catalogue for no purpose since I never use these things.

And that whole rant about how everyone that donated and downloaded her sets is of average and below average intelligence?! Yeah, not only is calling your loyal customers stupid not really going to go over well, she just basically said that only average and stupid people want to download her crap! LOL!

Mat
minena
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #199 on: 2006 November 07, 14:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"

Yeah, seems like everyone but me knows some evil hacker to do their bidding for them? Why can't I find anyone like that? Having to do it yourself is such a pain in the neck.

Naw, you know you live to to be a thorn in someones side.

Min

ini-ROLL
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #200 on: 2006 November 07, 14:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you look at the entrance of PMBD, you can see a little icon for RetailSims.
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #201 on: 2006 November 07, 15:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's too tiny! lol I missed it until you pointed it out.

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
shishmish
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
Retail Sims
« Reply #202 on: 2006 November 07, 19:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PMBD's first notch on the post :lol:
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #203 on: 2006 November 07, 19:41:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don;t get that whole argument: Creators spend so much time, hard work blah blah.

No sir, thard work? Lotsof time?

In fact, without SimPE they'd make NOTHING! Let's not forget Quaxi works for FREE. To make an object package is just sooo easy with SimPE! Quaxi works FREE.

It's so easy even I can make stuff, have made stuff. It took me about a day to get the tut learned and MilkShape under control, never having done it before. It's not terribly difficult to google up any mesh you want and modifying that is easy. SimPE does the reast and it's getting easier and easier with each version! Not hard work. Some imagination, yes, some creativity, yes, but not much if you just go out and find a mesh to start with. Face it: they alluse someone elses mesh to start with!

The REAL creativity, hard work and knowledge comes with the MODS and those are free with the exception for a few modded objects here and there (most lame, IMO)(which started with someone elses mesh in SimPE--a FREE program!)

If paysites should live, then Quaxi et al. and the original mesh creators AND EA should all get kickbacks from the paysites. Are the paysites hollaring about that, about virtually ripping off these guys?? No.
simplystella
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Retail Sims
« Reply #204 on: 2006 November 07, 20:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sickpuppy"
In fact, without SimPE they'd make NOTHING! Let's not forget Quaxi works for FREE.
Actually, everytime I check Quaxi's site I'm darn afraid to find out it became pay. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes pay. I hope not, even thought I would definitely donate something to them if they had some paypal account or something (do they..?)

BTW, I really don't understand all this drama about Retail Sims.
Well, I've always considered their stuff pretty too low quality, so I guess this is why I'm not particularly moved (I actually didn't even know it was a paysite, lol).

If she really think people will miss her stuff, then I suppose she will be kinda disappointed. She can post all the pics of her unavaiable stuff she wants, but I highly doubt people will visit her site anymore, if there's nothing to download. And she will be quickly forgotten  :?
Not meant to be mean, I'm just being rational and honest.

So, what's all the drama about?

And, small OT, Coliss, I love your avatar Smiley

url=http://www.starsims.net]starsims[/url]
simplystella
DelMita
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #205 on: 2006 November 07, 20:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I propose that one of the meshers here make a cross complete with nails so that the creators who moan and groan can have something to martyr themselves with.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Retail Sims
« Reply #206 on: 2006 November 07, 20:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "DelMita"
I propose that one of the meshers here make a cross complete with nails so that the creators who moan and groan can have something to martyr themselves with.

Hmm I finally have an idea how I can use that Exnem food hack he doesn't want anyone to use....  then we can offer all these paysites some real cheese.  I'll see what I can come up with tonight. Wink

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
twojeffs
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #207 on: 2006 November 07, 21:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mwahaha! That's a great idea.
cabelle
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #208 on: 2006 November 08, 00:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Eve"
I do not think there is anything wrong with a site ocassionally charging for a set when they do have a huge amount of free content. Not all of us have the priviledge of being able to get low cost space with a huge amount of bandwidth. For now my site is fine and will be free downloads and hopefully some people will help out with donations to keep it going for a long time to come Smiley

I guess it's a difference in how the term "donation" is used with me. A Paypal donation button is ok with me, I don't have any misgivings at all about donating when I can. However, I don't consider a donation set to fall under that for me. To me that goes over the line to a subscription, although in a small way. If you want the set you must pay for it. That's not a donation in my book. To me that's a paysite. A difference in how words are understood I guess.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #209 on: 2006 November 08, 00:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about sending people a gift they don't know about before they donate?
(But that would probably not work for long because people would tell they got a surprise.)

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: