PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 19:00:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New email from WFS (wood for sims)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New email from WFS (wood for sims)  (Read 21097 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
New email from WFS (wood for sims)
« Reply #30 on: 2007 November 21, 07:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surely if she closed her free section, there would be no inducement to buy without trying.  They don't keep it open out of kindness - but to lure customers to get the rest of the set.  More fool her if she closes it - she'll substantially reduce customers and be the only total paysite (hope I'm right) in existence.  :?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 November 21, 13:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For many years I searched for the right hosting: this moment I have the best for me. The problem is, that the free part needs much processor power, it's not a traffic or webspace problem. I will try to keep it alive, but the first step would be to close the free part. The WoodClub don't need so much hardware power of course. Then I could downgrade my expensive hosting.

Or, she could ask to be hosted by WickedNouk or elsewhere for FREE - providing she closes the PAY section.

I think that excuse she gave is such bullshit: if it's not a space or traffic issue, why on earth would the free section need to be closed?

If she's all about finding cheaper hosting so she doesn't have to beg customers to "donate" (read: buy) her other shit, then it would make sense to close her "donation" section (paysite-area) and join up with a freehost.

But, of course, this would defeat her whole purpose on trying to suck money out of the Sims 2 community.  Whatever amount of money she gets out of her pity-cry-filled donation scam is more money than she'd get from being part of a free site group.

Also, Calalily is 100% right - paysites need that free section, however crappy it might be, so people can see if they like their crap enough to buy it (so how does Peggy get customers?).  If I ever saw a 100% paysite, I'd never go there again and not even download their junk from the booty.  It could be totally borked or have a million polys for all anyone knows.

Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 November 21, 15:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm anxiously waiting for a killmark.   :twisted:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Meganne
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 November 21, 19:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "naceygirl"
She wrote:

For many years I searched for the right hosting: this moment I have the best for me. The problem is, that the free part needs much processor power, it's not a traffic or webspace problem. I will try to keep it alive, but the first step would be to close the free part. The WoodClub don't need so much hardware power of course. Then I could downgrade my expensive hosting.

*scratching head* How does the "processor/hard power" impact her hosting bills? I've several accounts and domains with hosting companies (shared and not) and the rates vary according to traffic and space... And why does the free part needs much of that "power" and the paid doesn't? As in quantity?

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08. Hiding.

Member of Cala's cult.
LolcatPirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 November 21, 23:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny how this thing that claims to be a human lumps big words together when they have no relation to each other whatsoever.

Peggy is gap.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 November 22, 01:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Meganne"
Quote from: "naceygirl"
She wrote:

*scratching head* How does the "processor/hard power" impact her hosting bills? I've several accounts and domains with hosting companies (shared and not) and the rates vary according to traffic and space... And why does the free part needs much of that "power" and the paid doesn't? As in quantity?

It must be the goombas.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 November 22, 04:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why does a bunch of HTML pages need processing power, anyway?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 November 22, 07:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Why does a bunch of HTML pages need processing power, anyway?

It's speshul HTML in four dimensions.

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 November 22, 07:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh heh...just saw the part about the Wood Club.
That sounds wrong on so many levels.
 :shock:
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 December 11, 23:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to drag this out

Don't go all zombie on me

But I just wanted to ask a question (through gritted teeth arr!)

I just went over to her site.. and instead of subscribing once to get all her stuff like I thought you always did (like ATS2) you have to pay for each separate set

Now.. I am POSITIVE you didn't have to do this before...
correct me if I am wrong.

So if she is doing this, it's because more people are sharing and she can't afford her 45th ivory back scratcher this year.

I am so mad! I have ALWAYS hated the pay per set donation bullshit!
It's evil! mean! hurtful to the community!
Server bills my ass!

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 December 11, 23:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, there was something in the last email about that... I didn't quite understand what she was going on about, but I knew it was something about changing her process.

Truth be told, she'll make more money.

Bitch.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 December 11, 23:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say we pull a condom over her and force-feed her some paste. Hey, it's only an idea...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 December 11, 23:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I blocked her email because she was a whiny spamming pain in the ass.
So all of this is new to me.

I like how she justifies it by insinuating that "All other sites do it"

At first you think she's gonna go free:
the most important news: from today it's not required to sign up for the WoodClub to download the pay objects

I honestly thought she was saying that it's cool to just download her stuff. I really am too naive. I wasn't expecting the Shiv so quickly

Like on the most other sites you can buy complete sets in the Wood2Shop.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
RaiderGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 December 12, 16:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, I meandered over to her website to have a look...and found all her bank account details, in full! I mean, I know she's desperate to get people to part from their hard earned cash, but is she mad? I didn't think anyone was that stupid on the Net, not any more.

LURK MOAR! You just might learn something.

My preferred reality
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 December 12, 17:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RaiderGirl"
Out of curiosity, I meandered over to her website to have a look...and found all her bank account details, in full! I mean, I know she's desperate to get people to part from their hard earned cash, but is she mad? I didn't think anyone was that stupid on the Net, not any more.

Yeah, that's dangerous. And while she's a whiny paysite owner, she probably doesn't deserve the identity and financial theft that's about a click away, so I sent her a note suggesting she remove that page.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: