PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 08:22:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Helga may be showing Peggy the way out!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Helga may be showing Peggy the way out!  (Read 50917 times)
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Helga may be showing Peggy the way out!
« Reply #120 on: 2007 January 21, 10:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm the worst house builder/furnisher man has ever known.  Plus, I don't populate my neighborhoods with any lots that are larger than the 1x3 or 2x2 lots.  So prefurnished starterhomes are my <3  
The problem is finding said lots made by people who know wtf they're doing.   My sister loves making lots, but then I looked at some of them and they're always on the largest lot size possible, sprawling and poorly furnished.  She's an interior decorator too (e.e)

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2007 January 21, 15:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohyes, prefurnished starter lots, I adore...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2007 January 21, 16:11:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeez, you guys would love what I do then. I always only use Maxis stuff in my lots I share. That just keeps it simple. I usually go through the effort of furnishing them totally because I enjoy doing that but I know a lot of folks hate it with a passion. My houses are all two stories or less and on no larger a lot than a 3x4/4x3 but usually I stop at 3x3. That's the biggest I'll go.

Macs don't handle anything large well. Anything Maxis does, I pretty much have to bulldoze and replace with mine. I usually make my community lots on 2x2s to keep the lag down. Also, Macs don't like building cheats, like CFE, 45 degree angles, and objects not snapped to grid. Those just pull the system down when trying to play a house. As soon as you jettison or correct that stuff the computer is happy again.

You can easily have 8 sims plus pets living on my lots without being overcrowded. Well, the larger ones, but still not exceeding 3x3. So I'm used to playing under these restrictions now but I get around to sites and look at the real estate and just wonder, what the heck would a sim do with that huge of a house and that much land? Really, you don't need to use the 5x5 or 5x6 for living. I'd only use a lot that big if I was building a lot for decoration only to fill up some space around town. I'd never attempt to play it. I mean, I don't like lots where it takes the sim an hour to traverse to the bathroom or half a day to make the trip to the mailbox and back.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2007 January 21, 16:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've recently started building on smaller lots(keeps the lag down) and I make very good small homes (my friends opinion and mine). You probably wont like them if you like the square type house. I use the little octogonal room tool makes the house look so much better and makes the room come out more realistic. I dont usually furnish my house I leave that up to the people who download. I have a different style of decorating(sometimes i leave some rooms too empty and some too full) My style is more pack rattish =] I like to have everything in one room that I think my sim will need while in that one room.  Anybody need a house though just ask me and I'll see if i can make one you like xD

torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2007 January 21, 17:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
I've recently started building on smaller lots(keeps the lag down) and I make very good small homes (my friends opinion and mine). You probably wont like them if you like the square type house. I use the little octogonal room tool makes the house look so much better and makes the room come out more realistic. I dont usually furnish my house I leave that up to the people who download. I have a different style of decorating(sometimes i leave some rooms too empty and some too full) My style is more pack rattish =] I like to have everything in one room that I think my sim will need while in that one room.  Anybody need a house though just ask me and I'll see if i can make one you like xD

I need some nice small houses. I cant build for my life.

RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: 2007 January 21, 17:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: ".torque."

I'll build one and take some pictures and you can tell me if you like it =] It will be up by the end of the day!

Edit: Is there a certain lot size you had in mind?

torque
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2007 January 21, 17:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: ".torque."

I'll build one and take some pictures and you can tell me if you like it =] It will be up by the end of the day!

Edit: Is there a certain lot size you had in mind?

Anything under 3 is fine Smiley Thanks!

fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2007 January 21, 18:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mac, where can we download your lots?  And yours too, Red.  I love one story lots furnished with no CC.  Plus, I'm lazy and suck on building my own.

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 January 21, 19:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... right now you can get some here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/profiles/view.php?mid=497661 Um, yeah, don't look too hard at that address. And, that's going to give you my other identity. So, if you look for that name at other sites you'll find me. This one is my secret identity.

I should have my own site up soon. I finished the design and turned it over to my husband last night. Now he has to do the techie stuff. I plan to put everything I do up on there. I'll let folks know when it's live.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 2007 January 21, 20:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The House is done! =] Hope you like it's on a 2x2 lot. Its unfurnished (if you want a furnished version just tell me ) the only custom content is a wall i used and the terrain paint. I ran it through S2CI and there are no hacks. Its 2 stories. It's pretty big I just don't know how to take good pictures (sorry) I tried the best i could  I think it turned out pretty well.

Sorry about the pictures guys  :cry:  I'm not good at it.

Now can some one tell me a place I can put the file so you can actually get it? Other than my sims page please?

Edit: I'm really stupid. Ive already got one I want to use, Yousendit But I don't know how to get my file there if you can help that would be great

torque
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2007 January 21, 20:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love it. It's great.  Cheesy
Yousendit is easy to use. just go to yousendit.com enter your own e-mail addy to Recipient email address(es). then the link will be e-mailed to you. select the file and click send it. easy. Smiley

postergirl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2007 January 21, 20:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you put the (gorgeous, by the way) house in a compressed file? I don't know how big lot files are, but I am pretty sure YSI has a size limit.

size=9]why we all gotta look, gotta act the same? i say, if you're born a lion don't bother trying to act tame.[/size]
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 2007 January 21, 20:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankies. It's taking forever to send to me so I'll put the link up when I get it

Edit : I put it in the zip. I'm not a very big computer person but is Kb bigger than Mb?  :oops:

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: 2007 January 21, 20:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mb is bigger

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: 2007 January 21, 20:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well for the time being the file is here http://www2.sendthisfile.com/d.jsp?t=XyH6uWYpPCJr8hJAS3dSV25w

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: