PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 20, 14:51:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Maxoid Sam
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Sam  (Read 84721 times)
Charlotte
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #105 on: 2007 October 06, 00:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, because it's back to normal on this page - was having a few issues reading this thread on the laptop Smiley

LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #106 on: 2007 October 06, 00:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah I can't seem to get that program to work, anyone else have that issue?
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #107 on: 2007 October 06, 00:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh man, I apologize for the stretching.  I hate that! I will fix it pronto.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #108 on: 2007 October 06, 00:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed the Wikipedia entry for Bon Voyage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_2:_Bon_Voyage

Love the part "Game criticism and SecuROM controversy"  :wink:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #109 on: 2007 October 06, 00:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lily,

It worked great for me (Vista) Did you unzip to your C:\ drive?

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #110 on: 2007 October 06, 01:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. lots of times..... When I went to run it the first time everything loaded fine, but when I went to scan the ap just crashed. It wont even open anymore, well it flashes the command line long enough for me to just see it then poof it closes.
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #111 on: 2007 October 06, 01:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah. I remember StarForce farking things up, and the controversy around that. Broke my daemontools and some other stuff, if I remember correctly... I wasn't happy then.

As for BV, I got the Eyepatch-'n-Keelhaulin'-version, no problems as of yet. I was planning to do what I usually do, buy it if I find it's a good game, but with all this crap going on... No way. Good going, EA.

The "GREEN PLUS" post at MATY made me giggle, Lorelei. Priceless, you're my hero. :lol:
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #112 on: 2007 October 06, 01:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay..........Lily, it did that to me too a few times. Go ahead and follow the next instructions:

Run the following two commands from a Windows command prompt (type "cmd" in run: (a DOS window opens)
Type cd\ to get to the C: drive
Then type "C:\regdelnull HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SecuROM -s"
It should ask you if you want to delete y/n - type y

Then type "C:\regdelnull HKEY_USERS\<Computer specific key>\Software\SecuROM -s" where "<Computer specific key>" can be determined by searching the registry for the "Securom" directory key.
(This "<Computer specific key>" typically has a form like "S-1-5-21-2052111302-1757341266-724545543-500" so yes, you have to type out the numbers) Again, it will ask if you want to delete y/n

Once these two RegDelNull commands have been successfully issued the registry should be checked to confirm that these two keys have been deleted. If they are still present they will now be removeable due to the action of the RegDelNull utility.

Then I just rebooted and double checked a couple times to make sure it was gone from the registry. Also did an advanced search to make sure nothing showed up.

karu
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #113 on: 2007 October 06, 02:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

knightguy at MATY just posted this -

FOUND ON BBS - Legality Issues

The link below contains a tool which removes SecuROM except it's digital rights management data:

http://www.securom.com/support/SecuROM_Uninstaller.zip

Please download it, extract the application file and follow the instructions below:

- The easiest way of using this tool is to copy the SecuROM_Uninstaller.exe file into your C:\ directory.

- Open the Windows command box by pressing and selecting the option. Now type 'cmd' (without 's) and press on the keyboard.

- Type: 'cd\' (without 's) and press on the keyboard.

- Please type now: SecuROM_Uninstaller.exe /uninstal

- A dialog box will appear. To start the SecuROM uninstallation, press the button.

Please understand that any application that uses SecuROM will rebuild these files and folders with future launches.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team
SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com
or via e-mail: support@securom.com
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #114 on: 2007 October 06, 02:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that too but the poster said it didn't work at all. In was in response to this:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070130-8738.html

The settlement comes after Sony BMG has worked its way up the legal food chain, progressing from a class-action lawsuit to a settlement with state attorneys general to dealing with the federal government. The Feds allege that the software included on the CDs violated federal law and constituted a deceptive trade practice. In the future, Sony BMG is required to clearly label DRM-protected discs and is prohibited from installing any software without notifying and gaining consent from the user.

The deal will have some financial impact on the company, though probably not a large one. Sony BMG does not need to pay a fine, but they are required to provide exchanges for existing DRM-enabled CDs until June 31, 2007, and pay up to $150 to anyone who spent money trying to remove the rootkit or repair any damage from it.

"Consumers' computers belong to them," said FTC Chairman Deborah Platt Majoras, "and companies must adequately disclose unexpected limitations on the customary use of their products so consumers can make informed decisions regarding whether to purchase and install that content."

I looked online and found contact info for FTC Chairman Deborah Platt Majors (202) 326-2100. Couldn't find a email addy for her office. But wouldn't she be interested to know that they DIDN'T "clearly label"Huh That article was posted Jan 2007.

karu
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #115 on: 2007 October 06, 02:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

C & P again Tongue for those who have Vista -

Follow these instructions to remove from Vista:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/98241-13-remove-securom-malware-uninstalling-bioshock-demo

This is the only one that worked for me, the others didn't work for Vista.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #116 on: 2007 October 06, 03:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Please work with the companies of your burning software to turn off your emulating software, then you won't have problems"?  "If after doing all this with your OTHER programs, you're still having problems with SecuRom, then post on our Help forum".....

NO.  That post on the BBS summed it all up.  It doesn't matter what's on your computer, and you should not have to change things on your personal PC to make it work with a 3rd Party Software that was illegally installed on your computer.

It most certainly IS against the law, whether or not the program borked your PC or not.  That's irrelevant.  The fact of the matter was that users did not have a choice to install this program; they were not told what it was or how it would affect their PCs or other software on their PCs; everything about the installation of SecuRom was illegal.

It pisses me off that this was in H&M, too.  That was without consent either.  You can't write software that is designed to conflict with the functioning of other software, and install it without knowledge of the user.

Sony made this shit?  They should know better, cuz from what I understand, they've tried crap like this before with their Music CDs and got sued.  Are they dumb?  Did they think, "Oh, well the settlement (or whatever) only said we weren't allowed to do this with MUSIC CDds...we can probably do this with games, though!"  Yeah, until they tell you that it's illegal and you lose money anyway.  What morons.

I'd like to know if we can be part of a class action lawsuit simply because now our computers, if we have H&M or Bon Voyage installed, have this 3rd Party Software installed without our permission or knowledge.  For those who haven't experienced things breaking (yet), I'd think that's irrelevant if the installation of SecuROM is illegal in the first place.  In fact, I'm 99.9% positive you'd still have a case because of how illegal the installation was, and because of what this illegally installed software does on your computer.

Markus
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #117 on: 2007 October 06, 03:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decided I'm going to get rid of the SuckuROM games(BV, H&M). No way am I doing the patch thing, Torrenting non-music items usually screws my comp up. Plus I'm currently on dial up.
I'm going to avoid purchasing any more Sims product until this is fixed. EA is on my shitlist.
SuckuROM or not this EP seems to have more issues than Britney Spears. :evil:
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #118 on: 2007 October 06, 04:05:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the help Requip, I did not have the securom, I was needing the tools for some other nulls that showed up, turned out they were legit. Well one was a product of Daemon tools, so semi legit anyways.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #119 on: 2007 October 06, 04:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"
"Please work with the companies of your burning software to turn off your emulating software, then you won't have problems"?  "If after doing all this with your OTHER programs, you're still having problems with SecuRom, then post on our Help forum".....

NO.  That post on the BBS summed it all up.  It doesn't matter what's on your computer, and you should not have to change things on your personal PC to make it work with a 3rd Party Software that was illegally installed on your computer.

It most certainly IS against the law, whether or not the program borked your PC or not.  That's irrelevant.  The fact of the matter was that users did not have a choice to install this program; they were not told what it was or how it would affect their PCs or other software on their PCs; everything about the installation of SecuRom was illegal.

It pisses me off that this was in H&M, too.  That was without consent either.  You can't write software that is designed to conflict with the functioning of other software, and install it without knowledge of the user.

Sony made this shit?  They should know better, cuz from what I understand, they've tried crap like this before with their Music CDs and got sued.  Are they dumb?  Did they think, "Oh, well the settlement (or whatever) only said we weren't allowed to do this with MUSIC CDds...we can probably do this with games, though!"  Yeah, until they tell you that it's illegal and you lose money anyway.  What morons.

I'd like to know if we can be part of a class action lawsuit simply because now our computers, if we have H&M or Bon Voyage installed, have this 3rd Party Software installed without our permission or knowledge.  For those who haven't experienced things breaking (yet), I'd think that's irrelevant if the installation of SecuROM is illegal in the first place.  In fact, I'm 99.9% positive you'd still have a case because of how illegal the installation was, and because of what this illegally installed software does on your computer.

I'll contact a lawyer here tomorrow, they're right here in CA so they know full good and well it is illegal to install any software without my consent or knowledge. I'll also point them to Sony/Securom's lawsuits and the terms of their settlement. I'll let you know what they say.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: