PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 14:30:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Eating some humble pie
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Eating some humble pie  (Read 17714 times)
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
Eating some humble pie
« on: 2007 May 02, 06:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm making a thread here because a thread that was also started here some time ago was the cause of some drama and hard feelings. So here it goes.

Once again, I've changed my site policy. I made a big deal before about how I was including all the meshes for the files on my site, regardless of whether they were free or pay. Because of that, some free creators have been upset and angry, and that has never sat well with me. It's really difficult to back down after making that kind of stand, but well... I never had a problem with any free creator. So, I am offering my apologies and eating a little humble pie. I still think free distribution of meshes is a good idea, but I don't think it was right of me to step on anyone to try and make a point.

I am still including pay meshes and meshes from those sites that like to take their toys and go home on a regular basis.

Let the beatings commence.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
Eating some humble pie
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 02, 06:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't there be an amicable compromise? As in: you speak with these free site creators and request that you be permitted to make said meshes available in the event that their sites become unavailable for whatever reason (with full credit given and links to the site provided)?
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Eating some humble pie
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 02, 06:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One lacklustre, half arsed beating coming up.  

I'm sorry that some free creators got upset about the whole thing, and I admire the fact that you apologised.  I'm glad that you're still including pay meshes and drama meshes, and wish that the free meshes could be included.

Never mind though.  Whack. Whack.... Oh do the rest yourself.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
Eating some humble pie
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 02, 07:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi liegenschonheit,  it's a pain in the ass for downloaders to chase mesh links all over the net, only to find the page has changed or the mesh maker is gone. for this reason I and my other creator activly hunt down sites with a policy of redistrobutable meshes (with credit link)

I was thinking just yesterday, that we need a directory somewhere of creator friendly sites. it would make it both easier for the creator and the downloader. next week sometime I will be adding a list of sites that allow meshes to be added with recolours in zips (along with a credit link), to my site.  maybe you could do the same and we can share the links?

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
Eating some humble pie
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 02, 07:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I appreciate your decision not to conflict with free meshers (or, to put it bluntly, letting a fool to have their way :twisted:), I still think the meshers who make OH SO BLOODY DAMN BIG DEAL out of their mesh distribution policy are wussies who need a joint o'chill.

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Eating some humble pie
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 02, 07:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's true too, but at the end of the day I think it is right to respect the creator's bottom line, if there has been no success in getting them to lighten their policy.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Eating some humble pie
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 02, 09:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Liegen: I thought it was very good, what you had done, and well worth doing. I'm sorry some creators tried to have a bitchfight with you; you don't deserve it. But your current policy is very good. It makes me furious when the mesh is impossible to get ahold of. There's one site I love, and they use a mesh from Biene that is IMPOSSIBLE to get because it simply doesn't exist over there. I'd appreciate if they were allowed to include the nonexistent mesh with their work...

Sherrie: Simply smashing idea! I'd love to help out. It has been needed for a while, a site that allows free distribution of meshes! Another thing connected would be MTS2 creators who allow their meshes to be redistributed, too. Jolly good, I say!
(Cor blimey! I just realised how ridiculously stereotypically English I sound! :shock: I'm not even from England!)

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Ghanima Atreides
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Eating some humble pie
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 02, 10:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Liegen - well, to be honest I wholeheartedly agree with this modified policy. I myself prefer not to intentionally break the (reasonable) TOS of free, available creators if I can help it, only because I like my TOS to be respected as well, even though they're practically nonexistant  :lol:  but meh. I do however have no problem with including meshes from the rest of the people who make it extra difficult to track down their stuff. Especially people with vanishing sites, uploads, notorious dramawhores, people who will restrict my freedom of where I upload ANY recolors I make, meshes included or not, and so on (because that's just ridiculous. Even moreso when I do ask permission and my PMs get ignored).
So I think this is a good middle ground. Smiley

sherrie - that's a good idea, you can definitely include Noukiesims in it. I allow mesh distribution, I think Nouk does too. Smiley

Anatidaephobia - the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
Eating some humble pie
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 02, 10:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's BRILLIANT! thank you  Cheesy  I'll start on it next week. I'll do a special page for it and anyone can link to or copy the whole list onto their site.

its a wonderful idea to include MTS2 creators in the list, Thanks sappire

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Ghanima Atreides
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Eating some humble pie
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 02, 10:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet, that's gonna help me a lot. I recolor much more than I mesh, and I hate hunting for the darn things.

Anatidaephobia - the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Eating some humble pie
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 02, 11:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plz add that Noukiesims generally only allows it on non-fat sims plz. thx :lol:

Inactive
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Eating some humble pie
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 02, 11:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a beginning list from the MTS2 wiki.  It is at least a place to start:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Creator_Policies

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
Eating some humble pie
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 02, 11:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
glad that you're still including pay meshes and drama meshes

We have a new entry for the non-existing Sims 2 Dictionary and I love it!  :lol:

Sherrie, check your PM's! :wink:

I liked your old policy as well, Liegen, but I understand that stepping on all those sore toes isn't an easy thing. I wish you best of luck with whatever you do because your site will continue to rock no matter what.

Here, have a record:

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Eating some humble pie
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 02, 11:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only allow my cc to be used on lots where all the simmies are vegetarian.  If you catch a sim making lobster thermidor in a house with one of my meshes in it, you have to delete all my files from your HD

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Eating some humble pie
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 02, 11:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quorneater"
I only allow my cc to be used on lots where all the simmies are vegetarian.  If you catch a sim making lobster thermidor in a house with one of my meshes in it, you have to delete all my files from your HD

But...but!!! *uses your hacks in EVERY lot--most of whom are carnivorous*

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: