PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 20:04:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  EA Games Business Plans and Making Mo' Money
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA Games Business Plans and Making Mo' Money  (Read 7295 times)
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
EA Games Business Plans and Making Mo' Money
« Reply #15 on: 2007 August 31, 02:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know  they may not be handling the Sims right with the paysites, but when i had a problem with the Sims 2 site downloading my preorder they were prompt, and made sure Amazon.com corrected the link quickly too. And most the people creating the game, seem to take a lot of pride and love for the series. I was watching the new walkthrough the two producers this time were Women to Smiley. And look at the new EP thats coming out, while its a remake of Vacation, I thought they were on a roll with it, and got creative with some aspects of it. I cant wait to see the next EP. They are taking their time with Spore too not rushing it out. SO EA is not all bad.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 August 31, 14:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
You know  they may not be handling the Sims right with the paysites, but when i had a problem with the Sims 2 site downloading my preorder they were prompt, and made sure Amazon.com corrected the link quickly too. And most the people creating the game, seem to take a lot of pride and love for the series. I was watching the new walkthrough the two producers this time were Women to Smiley. And look at the new EP thats coming out, while its a remake of Vacation, I thought they were on a roll with it, and got creative with some aspects of it. I cant wait to see the next EP. They are taking their time with Spore too not rushing it out. SO EA is not all bad.

Is the new video posted on the exchange? Or did you find that on Youtube? I saw the Spore video with Robin Williams I thought that was really cute, although I don't think he should play it often. lol

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 August 31, 20:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Hawkgirl

The developer video is actually on the main site as we speak, this is the link.. http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep6_videos.php

Angha

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 August 31, 22:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While we are on the topic of EA, you would think that SOME communication does happen....but maybe not.

MaxoidDrea states one thing on Aug 17
and yet go to the BonVoyage movie download page Aug 30you get the familiar EULA

I dont think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing over at EA
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 August 31, 23:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Angha Tyl"
Hey Hawkgirl

The developer video is actually on the main site as we speak, this is the link.. http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep6_videos.php

Angha

Thank you very much Smiley

Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 01, 01:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Angha Tyl"
Hey Hawkgirl

Angha

when I try to Play I get a broken QT
when I dld and try to play a "broken movie atom" box appears

is anyone else finding this to be the case
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 01, 01:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah.
I tried to watch it and it told me I needed QuickTime. Bugger that. I've tried to live with QT before and I loathe that it auto installs iTunes with it. I choose my own software thank-you very much Mr Jobs. Stop trying so hard to be Bill. You missed that boat a long time ago.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 01, 01:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Yaardarm Monkey"
While we are on the topic of EA, you would think that SOME communication does happen....but maybe not.

Actually I don't see that.  It says in the first post you linked to that, "We were unable to get this EULA change in Bon Voyage but we are working to have the edits reflected in future games." So it makes sense that the BV EP has the other EULA.  Unless I am missing something here.  Which is always a possibility.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 01, 03:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tomato"
Quote from: "Yaardarm Monkey"

Actually I don't see that.  It says in the first post you linked to that, "We were unable to get this EULA change in Bon Voyage but we are working to have the edits reflected in future games." So it makes sense that the BV EP has the other EULA.  Unless I am missing something here.  Which is always a possibility.

They may have been unable to change it for BV, but they have been quite able to change it for the Video's. Homecrafter, Bodyshop you can download those all right from the Exchange. Yet the only thing that has changed is the one thing you can't create content with. The content manager. These EULA's have been updated if you compare them to the old ones, that you can find on any of your games including Seasons. Even the one they point too. Point blank says you will not be given copyright over anything you make with their tools, or that goes into their game in layman's terms. The updated ones for all the tools that are used for creating CC, are all updated on the exchange and they all still say non-commercial. The only thing on the Exchange you can get that doesn't say anything about commercial/non commercial is the CC tool. So I am still counting the days for a paysite to make us some downloadable CC with it.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: