PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 09:45:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  On a slightly more positive note
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: On a slightly more positive note  (Read 10048 times)
Pineapplebrain
ARR!

View Profile WWW
On a slightly more positive note
« on: 2007 May 25, 22:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I know this site is about destroying paysites, but I thought I'd point out the professionalism that Kate from Parsimonious exuded on the front page of the website in response to...what I suppose was "hatemail."

Regardless of whether you are pro or anti-pay site, I would like to remind everyone that free downloads are gifts  from their creator to the community. We have been receiving more and more negative messages from visitors demanding items in a particular style, or telling us how much they dislike our work and that we should  make different items better suited to their taste, complaining about EP requirements on our houses, without even bothering to notice the large number of new No-EP lots we've published recently.
We are of course flattered when people like our items and would like more Iin the same style, it is nice to know what we do is appreciated, especially since our resident artists have chosen not to be paid for our creations. Some people are kind enough to leave positive feedback, others have the decency to spare us their complaints, but an increasing minority are treating us as if we are here solely to serve their wants.
To those people: we are not your personal slaves, you are not entitled to downloads and this type of behaviour is precisely what has caused many artists in the past to cease creating entirely. If you don't find what you want here on Parsimonious then try looking elsewhere, we have an extensive links listing, or try our Community Finds Section - try Google or if that fails then go and learn to make it yourself if you feel you can do better

In a community where so many artists have a "take their toys and go home" demeanor, I thought Kate handled their situation in an exception manner. Now, I know we're a bunch of vulgar pirates, but maybe in this instance we could lend our support to a free site, instead of only focusing on the horrors of paysites. [/quote]
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 25, 22:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll definitely send an email of thanks and support to her.  Do they have a forum where we can express our support publicly?
Pineapplebrain
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 25, 23:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do not have a forum, as far as I know, but here's a link to their guestbook. http://www.parsimonious.org/guestbooks/
mickey
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 25, 23:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I signed it! Smiley There is some real jeks out there these days.  >.>

Visit [ inlimite.com ] for awsome downloads & graphics & more. ;]
kathy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 25, 23:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a feeling her gb is going to be flooded but I signed as well.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 26, 00:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grrr! Parsimonous is one of my all-time fav sites. Since Sims 1 days. People are such huge morons sometimes!
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 26, 00:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pineapplebrain"
They do not have a forum, as far as I know, but here's a link to their guestbook. http://www.parsimonious.org/guestbooks/

Got it and thanks. Wink
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 26, 09:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol: I posted when I saw that, before I saw this thread.  Parsimonious was the entire reason for my .far file habit in sims 1.  I don't really understand the mentality of people who insult people or request something else.  I don't mind the "oh, that's so beautiful, but I can't have it because I don't have this ep" stuff - but requests and criticism.  Why bother to spend the time posting something negative - just don't say anything at all.

Christ 50 people downloaded strawberry red hair at TSR, so I don't see why everyone thinks all free things have to be to their taste.  Personally I don't like realistic looking sims skins, but I don't post in a realistic sim skinners guestbooks how they should change to accomodate me.  Jerks!

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 28, 20:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I signed and said thank you. I've been going there to get stuff for ages and it has by far the largest folder in my collection. I burn off all of my downloads in case I have a systems crash and lose the lot! But yeah, Parsimonious has a DVD all it's own.... Love their stuff! But I do miss Happy Moon Belly... Wonder what happened to him/her....

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 28, 21:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't Moonbelly get a job at Maxis/EA? I seem to remember something to that effect.

And that kind of behaviour is just stupid. Personally, I think Parsimonious stuff is OK and I have few of their objects in my game, but it would never even cross my mind to demand them to change their style because I do not like all of it.

Stupid spoiled brats that think the world was made for them.  :evil:

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 28, 21:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Far ruder - from Cynara Blade at Insim:

Anyway, some asshat named "Smarter Than You" posted this in Kate's section of the Parsimonious guestbook:

"B**ch make me some hairstyles like Peggys. I dun want 2 pay for the hair and I think u are going to make them for me or else I will shut down ur f*ck ugly website coz I am smarter than u

U R a s**t and a w**re and a b**ch."

How screwy is that?

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=47501&page=8

And yes - Happy Moon Belly is now Maxoid Moonbelly - has a good amount of Maxis recolours on her simpage.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 28, 21:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid spoiled brats that think the world was made for them.

Yeah! They need to knock it off. The world was made for ME!

<sigh>

The misplaced sense of entitlement exhibited in these kinds of posts blows my mind.

I'm getting to old for this.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Tramen
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 29, 13:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I don't like some of the work (don't kill me), I'd never attack them and demand them to create something purely for my tastes - it's insane and time wasting. And their content is for free, so why the bitching?

Anyway, some asshat named "Smarter Than You" posted this in Kate's section of the Parsimonious guestbook:

"B**ch make me some hairstyles like Peggys. I dun want 2 pay for the hair and I think u are going to make them for me or else I will shut down ur f*ck ugly website coz I am smarter than u

U R a s**t and a w**re and a b**ch."

How screwy is that?

Woah, someone needs to send that person a large shipment of chill-pills asap! It's people like that, that really really get on my fricken nerves - if you hate it so much, MAKE IT YOUR FUCKING SELF![/quote]
ghengisjohn
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 29, 14:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds more like a troll than a real flame. Then again, that's me refusing to believe someone like that exists for real.

hen I thought, who gives a damn if all the jobs are gone
I'm gonna be a pirate on the river Saskatchewan!
pennynne
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 29, 15:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just signed in their guestbook to support them a little bit. Parsimonious is a HUGE and a very important site to me! And it's stuff is really high quality! If there's something I don't like I just pass it and that's it, how could you like everything? I'm sure there are others that love something that I'm not really into.

I used to download a lot from Parsimonious since Sims 1, it has been one of my favourite sim pages for years!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: