PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 07:21:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  paysites get desparate
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: paysites get desparate  (Read 37653 times)
FreakyBooty
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #30 on: 2007 May 06, 20:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know, as soon as I saw that whole thing over at TSR today, my initial reaction was, you've got to be kidding me.  Then I read the bit from Thomas and the big, special mention of LyricLee and thought, drama whore, 24/7 without end.  Christ, her hands are in everything.  And then I read the blog bits, and just thought eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww.  The whole damn thing was just smarmy.  Made me feel dirty.  And greasy.  And nauseous, which really sucks since I'll be leaving to see Spiderman 3 shortly, and I feel like I'm going to toss my cookies.  Seems to me, all those thinly veiled accusations about the "community" being torn apart, just makes the divide that much wider.  Anyway, I think the whole thing is somehow grotesque.  If they were so concerned about the "community" and all the "drama, theft and hatred" then they would cease to be paysites, thereby ending the theft (that they, themselves are soley guilty of), and stop stirring up all the drama and hatred they so enjoy spewing, every chance they get.  This is, quite simply, more drama.  Friends, my ass.
Afterwards, I quickly signed in here, cause I just knew there would be a thread in progress  Cheesy

Do what I do, assume everyone at TSR is a cunt. Then, you can only be pleasantly surprised if they exhibit non-cunty behaviour.  -- Capucine
I is LadyGrainne, and I is a thug.  Can I has a cookie?
emmag
Landlubber

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #31 on: 2007 May 06, 20:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just stupid... making a project with invite-only people does NOT represent a community, and to suggest so is just plain dumb.

Aside from that, some of the downloads available are things I would NOT want to curse my game with.  Seriously... who in the world would want to download things such as these?
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/simscom/downloads/sims2/sets/486736/
Maybe it's just me, but both of those sims seem so... ugly.  They could compare with Goopy Gilscarbo.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #32 on: 2007 May 06, 21:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote:
We from TSR would like to thank all participating artists for their tremendous work and efforts, and especially LyricLee for thinking this up and administrate the creation process.  

Administrate?Huh I hate it when people make up words in order to sound "professional." gah. :x

Still watching you guys
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #33 on: 2007 May 06, 21:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Administrate" is a real word, but it's being used pompously here. "Direct" or "manage" would have been better; even better would have been a rewording: Thanks to LL for putting the collection together.

But then, I don't need to sund mroe important than I am.

___

Seems to me that a true community project would be something like us saying "hey, anyone here who wants to can contribute to a big set we want to produce. Here's our theme, and send your creations to this person." THAT's community building.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 06, 21:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Administrate is a word.
It's not used properly, but it is a word.

ETA: Okay. Someone beat me to it.

Anyways. This whole idea seems like a stupid waste of time to me.
It won't change anyones opinions.
And the only thing they're gonna get out of it is more ass kissing from the people who have been kissing their asses all along.
The people who didn't like these pay-sites before are going to like them even less now.
So nothing has really changed.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #35 on: 2007 May 06, 21:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Administrate might have been just about (wrongly) used often enough to be in the dictionary now, but it's *meant* to be "administer"

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #36 on: 2007 May 06, 21:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it was suppose to be administrating.

I don't like that spring hat thing.
It would have been better if the hat was an accessory instead of a hairstyle.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #37 on: 2007 May 06, 21:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what a load of shit!  It's horrible!  If you wanna look at community projects that are amazing see the ones that have been done at MTS2 (and twisted sims as mentioned, was the first i heard of them).  People there are doing quality projects, whereas this one looked like they took about 4 days max to do this all.....

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #38 on: 2007 May 06, 22:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quorneater"
Administrate might have been just about (wrongly) used often enough to be in the dictionary now, but it's *meant* to be "administer"

I'm with you Inge. What we have here is a classic case of what I call Americanizationing. It seems that while they find it necessary to leave letters out of certain words (eg colour, neighbour), some English words don't have enough letters for them. It won't be much longer until the English are accused of not being able to speak English, although that has probably already happened.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #39 on: 2007 May 06, 22:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cap'n F, I could write my OWN version of Eats, Shoots, and Leaves highlighting the mis-steps taken in the name of language in corporate America.

Among my biggest pet peeves:

Using nouns as verbs: timeline a project, task you with a job, etc.

Adding syllables: orientate v. orient, administrate v. administer, etc.

Using passive sentence structure and nominalization: The process required orchestration by me and my team. versus My team and I orchestrated the process.

But I digress. Americans make the mistake of mistaking big words for intelligence and importance, when in fact, concision and clarity are more highly prized. It's too bad...many a writing teacher (myself included) has spent HOURS breaking writers of these awful habits.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
K_L_Carten
Landlubber

View Profile
Had to take a look
« Reply #40 on: 2007 May 06, 22:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

all I am gonna say is thats some fugly shit!!
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #41 on: 2007 May 06, 22:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it's not all Americans but unfortunately it doesn't need all of them. One look at the present incumbent is enough to prove that. Once critical mass is reached those that know better will be forced to submit so they can be understood. Once that happens the rest of the world will be forced to follow.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #42 on: 2007 May 06, 22:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems.  We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth..  Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #43 on: 2007 May 06, 22:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhhhh... I find this whole discussion slightly intimidating. I actually try to write British (in spite of using words like "cuz") but it's very hard for me as an outsider, because I get everything mixed up and it becomes a weird jumble.  :cry:

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #44 on: 2007 May 06, 22:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Americans make the mistake of mistaking big words for intelligence and importance

I would think that anyone across the globe would make that assumption.  When we covered Orwell and his "Politics and the English Language", I was probably the only one who liked it.  I don't think there's anything wrong with using vocabulary that matches the topic at hand--you can't always explain complicated, involved things that require prior knowledge in simple terms.

I called someone a bigot the other day for whatever nonsense he was spouting about gays; he told me not to use big words I didn't know the meaning of and to stop showing off.  I guess I could've used words he understood and called him a whore.  But that would put him on the same level as me, since he calls me a whore almost every day.  :roll:

Verbing your nouns is bad.  But it's so okay if I do so because I'm an American and it's going to be my fault regardless of what I do, so why should I bother?

ETA: Better add always wrong to always at fault.  :wink:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: