PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:36:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 910962 times)
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2115 on: 2008 December 02, 21:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as it gets a new name.  It's not all about Eric and his grudgingly-updated-when-it-was-updated-at-all hack any more...

Our lil friend must be stopped.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: 2008 December 02, 21:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now this question may get me hanged or whatever but I feel for those of that haven't paid much if any real attention to politics in this community what are peoples issues in regards to Pescado and Delphy and folks not wanting them host a clone of InSim?

Way, way, way too much history there, and I am not going to get into it, especially since both of them are doing really good things to try to help right now. But beyond anything specific, even if they were perfect angels from heaven, it's just better to have insim be like it used to be, just without the obnoxiousness of Kathy and Eric. Besides, insim had sort of an independent vibe that was nice, at least until Kathy started siding with paysites.

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2117 on: 2008 December 02, 21:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I agree with the sentiment that it wouldn't hurt if all creators just went their own seperate ways and new communities sprang up (more and new is always good) I'd hate for Walt to be remembered as the hammer hat smashed Insim and shattered it into a million pieces. It would really help the community morale if the 'new Insim' would be much like the old one, with most of the same people, the same atmosphere minus the lying and cheating and selling out, minus the censorship even. But the same people doign what they do best. The same, but better. That would be a very, very powerful message for the members of this community as well as outsiders like Walt. I'd dislike the idea of everyone taking their stuff and going dozens of different places. United we stand and all that...

deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: 2008 December 02, 21:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I concur with a new name, and agree with Sara about siding with either Pes or Delphy. You know they are not going to be overlords, they are just going to be fixing it, streamlining it, and giving it back to the community.
I am sure design of the forum will be discussed and dealt with in a democratic manner. <-- As long as it's organised please!!!

I mean, make it purple neon pink for all I care. It's YOUR home, and all of this is something new and exciting for you guys. Think of it, as moving into your own home, finally you get to decorate it as you please! Smiley

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
simsgurl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: 2008 December 02, 21:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish this idiot would hurry up and just give in already. I really need an updated version of insim. I think the last one was the cause of a glitch where the time stopped and my sims stopped moving with only the occasional blink/scratch/motion of what ever they were doing Sad.

Its become to much of a hassle for me to be a sims player. between hacks that have become like a necessity for me to play the game not being updated, the constant new games to buy, lack of time and lack of room on my one year old laptop, I'd be better off selling my games and buying some hamsters. Not that that would ever happen.
Warlokk
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: 2008 December 02, 22:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crazy what's going on over there... I've been mostly out of the scene for a while now, but I still checked in and posted regularly at both sites, since all my newest work was there.  I never posted the more recent stuff at MTS2/SXS2 simply because they were so busy it took forever to post, and it was handy having everything in one nice, easy-to-find place with my own section.  Never could understand all the drama though... drama kills more internet communities...

Oh, just registered here to post... been a fan for years! Aaarrggh!!! Grin

I'm still torn on whether I should pull my stuff from the site (if it ever comes back up)... I still have all my files so I will most likely upload to MTS2/SXS2, or whatever else springs up that looks appealing.  Guess I'll wait and see for now.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: 2008 December 02, 22:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish this idiot would hurry up and just give in already. I really need an updated version of insim.

Surely someone will send it to you?  It's not like anyone's gonna be bothered about Eric's "sharing policy" any more.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2122 on: 2008 December 02, 22:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember the last person to come in here and complain about not getting to have her toy... That was yummy!

Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: 2008 December 02, 22:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean, make it purple neon pink

*eye twitch*

as much as I love purple and neon pink (though perhaps not together) I think the rest of the staff would lynch me for even suggesting it LOL
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: 2008 December 02, 22:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warlokk, if I can mildly fangirl you for a second, without you my Romance sims would look waaay more boring.. It's good to see you've weighed into this and we now know you're still around. The worst thing is when good content like yours gets lost in these sorts of disasters.

Isn't Skadi sharing the most recent version of Insimenator on Sublime? Simsgurl or is there a version needing to be developed for AL and M and G? I'm not in the loop because I don't use it.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: 2008 December 02, 22:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the current thing works up to and including AL
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: 2008 December 02, 22:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warlokk, we would adore it if you jumped aboard with us. We're over at Sim Oasis, so swing on by!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: 2008 December 02, 22:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, we still gotta pay for a server, Walt or no Walt. We can buy Walt's server, At Cost, relieving him of the burden and saving the effort of unpacking, or go through a lot of extra bother to repack about 100 GBs of crap. Incidentally, Walt will not be receiving the donations. I will appoint someone to screen those donations to make sure that the taps do not overflow, *AND* to cut the lines once the goal is reached. Just like on MATY, where we stopped accepting donations once the goal was met.

Walt will have to retrieve his ACTUAL money from Kathy. Given that server bills are normally paid monthly, it is quite likely we have sufficient funds to cover this immediately and he can be gone faster than the door can hit him in the ass. And I'm not a patient man, so if he drags his feet, he'll be left holding a server that will run at a loss AND probably get no donations because his inept server management is incapable of keeping the site up long enough for anyone to WANT to donate. Relieving him of his duties can only work out for him.

Of course, the offer is quite bad, from his point of view. He will refuse, and we will go ahead with the original plan anyway. But it's like I always say: "Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later."

Easier, faster is better. I would vote for this plan. Such hosted Insim should be lean, hopefully not mean. Mean people shouldn't be welcomed,
Kathy and Eric have been simple and flat out mean.  

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later."
Hehe, yep. i think that is a great idea.

Warlokk: It would be great if you kept your beutiful made skintones/meshes in sxysims, and/or mts2. Hopefully you'll back at the new Insim again when its running smoothly.

Edit: I think most people who at insimadult also have account with SXS. Would be great to see your work over there.

« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 22:20:05 by Amazone » Logged

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
astroth
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: 2008 December 02, 22:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe somewhere in this massive topic a kind person provided a download link to the InSim hack itself.  I would suggest dugging through it to find it.

As for my question in regards to some folks in the community not liking the idea of two people who have from my point of view done a lot to help in this time of crisis regarding the InSim sites and overall for the Sims2 community its not that big of deal to me I was just wondeirng that was all.

I do agree that either one of them hosting it would be better then what the current host is doing or not doing depending on your point of view.

Glad to read your thoughts as well Warlokk
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2129 on: 2008 December 02, 22:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone contacted Enayla yet, and let her know whats been going on?  She should know, in case she decides to post moar pixie skins, or eyes or whatever. She can decide for herself where she wants to continue posting.  I suspect she may want to post it in the new Pescadoian site, whatever it gets called, but then again thats her call.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: