PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 03:58:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Do they realize the irony???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Do they realize the irony???  (Read 8306 times)
Meganne
ARR!

View Profile
Do they realize the irony???
« on: 2007 September 08, 03:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the time that MIKEY!!! was posting all over here and SC2 I went to their site and took a good look.
Today I decided I had enough of being a member of a site of someone that wants to destroy free sites according to his statement on that silly SaveTheSims(Paysites) and posted asking how to delete my account.

If you can access
http://www.mandmneedfulthings.ca/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4733
please take a look at the banner on the signature of amadeus451, his post is at the bottom of the first page of the topic. That's the smart same guy that previously in the same forum suggested going hacking the sites of the enemies.
The banner says:

come donate at
robthesims2.com
     highest grossing sims site on the internet

The banner points to the SaveTheSims forum.

I'm rolling on the floor laughing. At least they know who they are Smiley

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08. Hiding.

Member of Cala's cult.
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 08, 04:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:  They're so righteous about being predators.  Mind boggles.

I was just looking at their sekrit hideout today (either they removed that moronic truth thing or I just didn't see it).  Amadeus had left this lovely chunk to flush on one of their threads:

These people have no respect for Creators as artists. (note: refers to what some say about paysiters...I guess...it doesn't make a lot of sense to me paired with the below response)

Oh yeah! That makes me want to just run out and post more CC on the 'Net.

THEM: "Gimme more Custom Content. NOW! And make it free, dammit. Only REAL artists can charge for their creations."

ME: "How about you bite my 3/8 Cherokee butt and go make your own damn Custom Content."

What a charmer.  Never heard of him/her or its butt's heritage.

That mess is actually one of the best arguments against paysites I've seen.  Many hands make light work, eh?

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Meganne
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 08, 04:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked around after reading his post about hacking (sites) and found him on Insim. If he's a "real creator", I'm the Queen Victoria.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08. Hiding.

Member of Cala's cult.
PirateOfMashedPotatoes
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 08, 04:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what really ticks me off--they rant and rave about their so called rights, then post some diatribe on their super sekrit site trying to weasel out of honoring EAs TOU to justify their selling of cc.  Totally and completely moronic.
FrenchOnion
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 08, 05:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I don't respect EAxis's non-reaction to paysite's I can understand it, from a business perspective. They aren't trying to alienate any fans, okay... BUT if they had any idea what kinds of CREEPS they were non-reacting to I think they'd worry about upseting anyone a LOT less.  :roll:

During that Numenor business I questioned myself about whether or not 'destroying' small paysites was cool or not and I realized that it's the small paysites that HAVE to go free in order to clear the way for EAxis to even be able to go after the big offenders. My guestbook entries at paysites have quadrupled since. I just say, "This should be free and you should get over yourself. Have a nice day. "
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 08, 05:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to say, as much as I like purple, that site was overkill.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 08, 06:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rob the sims!

They know they are illegal they said it right in on that sight. I took a screen shot of it. They are going to get exposed eventually, and the tide will turn.

Also is there a cult at these sites or something? If someone was a crook knowingly playing a con taking your money, why would you stay?

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 08, 08:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know until recently that this crap was going on, and there's not much to say that hasn't already been said.  
I just feel sorry for anyone stupid enough ro join that forum thinking MIKEY!!! and all the rest want to actually save the community. The actual feeling of community, and love for the game that I have encountered since becoming a Sims fan comes from the free community, and definitely not the Pay community.
I read that idiotic quote from MIKEY!!! on another thread about shutting down free sites, and now I have this vision in my head that they're all like imboselic villians from some stupid comedy film.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 08, 13:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone thought about contacting their Visa/Mastercard fraud dept on some of these sites? You know they will deny their customers purchases on any site they feel is involved in criminal activity. Which would be easy to do considering who the players are over there. That they openly talk about hacking into websites. I did. So many complaints, you loose your privileges. Paypal doesn't like companies with suspended Visa/Mastercard privileges, it's makes them very nervous. When a bank refuses to turn over funds because a site has been flagged for criminal activity. Kinda hard to run a paysite even accepting paypal, if Visa and Mastercard say No. Because of what happened on SMB, I contacted my bank and now have flags on all my accounts that they are to contact me immediately for any outside purchases. The security dept has been doing so, as well as refusing to turn over any funds till they speak with me. I want it that way. I also pointed them to that site recently, gave them a list of who is on that site, and what sites they operate. So they are all now flagged. They're going to watch every purchase made through these companies because of the hacking comments. Plus, they're going to be watching for any other complaints. I don't mind being contacted at all.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 08, 15:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, because EA does not recognize fansites and will not allow any mention, linking or discussion of those with nudity or R rated content - you have to ask yourself - who is really in the wrong according to the fansite policies as well - especially to charge for it.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 08, 15:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read a few of Chairman Greg's comments over at InSim and decided right then and there that I didn't like the vibes the son of a bitch gave off. He just, I dunno, felt wrong or off or what have you. He didn't come across as a person I would want to know, really. Pedantic, arrogant, self-serving, self-righteous bastard is how I would describe him. Oh, yeah, and hypocritial. He can say and do things that he denies others the rights to. Fuggim. MIKEY needs to go and eat his Wheaties, he's about as mature and intelligent as a wombat that's been hit by a truck. Thoma$$ should take a hint from Jerry Springer and get laid, he's a man in desperate need of sexual relief, seriously, look who he hangs out with. Would you wanna take the chance on seeing Atwat in the buff? Ewww, I'm making myself sick. Screenies need to be taken and sent to the IP's of these morons, let them know what they've been up to and make sure they get into serious shit. Hell, they call us pirates but we don't go out and attack sites with DOS attacks! In fact, none of what we've done is illegal. They're the ones who act like sharks during a feeding frenzy, and the fact that they get whipped into such a froth about being defied says something about being power-mad tyrant wannabes... Why didn't the Good make something like the "super swatter" to be used on mosquitoes like them? Annoying, blood-sucking parasites in the community is what paysite owners are when you get down to the base of their motives and their motives are base indeed... <insert insult here>

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 08, 18:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

not wheaties,  Mikey liked  Life cereal  lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYEXzx-TINc :
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 08, 23:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone have Pop Rocks and Coke? :lol:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/poprocks.asp
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 09, 07:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that anything like Hec's gonads and strife? I'm getting leery of clicking on links, cause of what my son did after he'd heard gonads and strife... I blame you for that, Pescado!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 09, 08:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snopes is fairly safe; it is an excellent urban legend repository.

The link mentioned probably just debunks the urban legend that Pop Rocks and Coke will blow up your stomach.

You can actually consume both together without risk of anything more exciting than some interesting belches.

This was also debunked on Mythbusters.

There's a related urban legend about Mentos and soda pop.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: