PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 23:18:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Save the Sims Community Forum
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Save the Sims Community Forum  (Read 75506 times)
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Save the Sims Community Forum
« Reply #210 on: 2007 August 29, 05:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went trick or treating with my kids last year, dressed as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, complete with pigtails, dress and ruby slippers   :lol:  My son always gives me the chocolate, he likes skittles and stuff like that.  So, free chocolate....I'm in.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2007 August 29, 05:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"
I went trick or treating with my kids last year, dressed as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, complete with pigtails, dress and ruby slippers   :lol:  My son always gives me the chocolate, he likes skittles and stuff like that.  So, free chocolate....I'm in.

I do the same thing almost every year, dress up like a witch, play spooky music, and pass out candy from a cauldron. But, a few years ago I rented a Disney Bear costume. I just walked behind people, flipping their hair.  Or looking over their shoulder. Looked in their bags. Passed out potatoes to teenagers. lol That was lots of fun. The kids loved it, even the teenagers had fun with it. Moms and Dads must have been calling everyone they knew, because my poor husband had to go back to the store four times for candy. He threatened me that never again was I allowed to do that. The last time he went to the store he bought all they had left, so I had candy here till Christmas and ended up throwing away a bunch. I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes to do that.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: 2007 August 29, 06:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
Calla, Candy corn is fun. Seriously, I think Hollywood's version of American life, and real American life are completely different. so I dont blame you all for not wanting to be like us. Its bad enough Hollywood pretends to be American and peddles it around the world.

Candy corn was alright - give me coconut ice anyday.  The one thing I did really love (scarfed 2 boxes) was Junior Mints.

It's the little things we don't want either - like word substitutions:

US                                    Aussie
cookies                             biscuits
biscuits                             scones or dumplings
Mom                                 Mum
candy                               lollies
zee as in letter zee            letter zed
ass                                  arse
fanny (means bum)           fanny (means vagina) - hence the giggling when we hear Americans talk about "fanny packs".  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2007 August 29, 06:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will remember to watch how I use the word fanny from now on. I just named a Sim Fanny... :shock:. Wait till I tell my mom what fanny means over downunder. Junior mints are the best, Dots, Goodnplenty, all that. Now dont get me hungry or I wont be able to sleep.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2007 August 29, 06:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Candy corn was alright - give me coconut ice anyday.  The one thing I did really love (scarfed 2 boxes) was Junior Mints.

fanny (means bum)           fanny (means vagina) - hence the giggling when we hear Americans talk about "fanny packs".  Cheesy

Junior Mints are my favorite candy. I have to also order thin mints from the girls scouts every year, and I love Spearmint/Peppermint tea. Maybe I just have a thing for mint.

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
I will remember to watch how I use the word fanny from now on. I just named a Sim Fanny... :shock:.

I was thinking the same thing, I know a couple women named Francine who's nicknames are Fanny, I'll never be able to look at them again without laughing now!  :oops: How could you ever look at someone and say oh and by the way did you know your nickname means vagina in Australia? lol

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2007 August 29, 08:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"

I was thinking the same thing, I know a couple women named Francine who's nicknames are Fanny, I'll never be able to look at them again without laughing now!  :oops: How could you ever look at someone and say oh and by the way did you know your nickname means vagina in Australia? lol

And in England it means vulva!   Doctors would get really confused, they wouldn't know if we were talking about our backside, frontside, or inside Cheesy

Oh - come to think of it though, Americans don't have a seperate word for vulva do they?  They call the whole thing the vagina?  Here, the vagina just means the internal tube that leads to the uterus, it doesn't include the visible parts.

Edit: Oh I just want to add that "fanny" for vulva is not considered a particularly rude word (except inasmuch as one doesn't talk about the area in polite conversation), in fact my friends and I taught that word to our small daughters to name the part.  And we do use Fanny as short for Frances too, it's not a problem.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2007 August 29, 08:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I absolutely hate candy corn. Worst candy ever. ew.
I like peanut butter cups. And snickers after you put them in the freezer for awhile.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
FrenchOnion
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2007 August 29, 08:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love languages and words and always delight in the differences I notice.

On my sweet mum-in-law's first trip to America we took her into a Burger King because she was so excited that we had them here in Seattle like they do back home in Belfast. She ran in and said quickly to the boy at the counter, "I need a Flamer! Hot, please."

The boy, noticing her accent, quickly looked at me... like this :shock: and I said, stiffling myself, "She means a grilled chicken sandwich and not the one that's already sitting there, please.  Cheesy "

Later I explained to her that she had just ordered a "nice looking gay boy".   :lol:
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2007 August 29, 09:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"
And snickers after you put them in the freezer for awhile.

Well I still call them Marathons.  Stupid internationalisation of brand names  :x

Our lil friend must be stopped.
JMZ
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2007 August 29, 09:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quorneater"
Quote from: "Feverish"
And snickers after you put them in the freezer for awhile.

Well I still call them Marathons.  Stupid internationalisation of brand names  :x

I miss the name "Marathon" too. It sounded SO much better than Snickers.

And then there's Starburst, which used to be called "Opal Fruits."

I'm sure there are many more, but I can't remember them ATM...
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2007 August 29, 09:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A candy bar by any other name... Tongue
They do have a snickers ice cream bar, but I still prefer the candy bar after it's been in the fridge.
I love caramel apple lollipops too. They are a sour apple lollipop covered with caramel. They are yummy but hard to find.

ETA: these http://www.centurynovelty.com/detail_2_400-002.html?mr:referralID=e5dc1c7b-aceb-4c04-aaf9-77518d7c45f8

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2007 August 29, 09:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys are killing me.  I am on a diet.  I'm eating a sourdough pretzel right now, wishing it was a snickers.  :cry:

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2007 August 29, 09:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "FrenchOnion"
I love languages and words and always delight in the differences I notice.

On my sweet mum-in-law's first trip to America we took her into a Burger King because she was so excited that we had them here in Seattle like they do back home in Belfast. She ran in and said quickly to the boy at the counter, "I need a Flamer! Hot, please."

The boy, noticing her accent, quickly looked at me... like this :shock: and I said, stiffling myself, "She means a grilled chicken sandwich and not the one that's already sitting there, please.  Cheesy "

Later I explained to her that she had just ordered a "nice looking gay boy".   :lol:

I must really be naieve. If i had of heard her I would assumed she was ordering a sandwich. :?

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: 2007 August 29, 12:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"

That's what I do. Always make sure to pick up a couple bags of my own favorites. My grandbabies only go to people's houses we know. So grandma sneaks and buys extra bags to dump in their bags when they aren't looking of mixed candy and a couple bags of their favorite candy. Couple toys. They probably wouldn't care if they got to go trick or treating, it's all about getting dressed up for them. Of course they are only 7,6, 3, and 2. Plus, I'll have three more soon. My own children didn't want to go trick or treating anymore when they were about 10, they figured out that pour the bags of candy in the bag trick. Plus, they didn't like that they couldn't just wander off with their friends. So they just liked dressing up and passing out the candy.

Sadly, I don't have any grandbabies, but my younger son, age 14, likes to put on his Freddy Kruger mask and knife glove and hand out the candy. Then when the little neighbor kids go home about 8 p.m. there are usually all night horror movie marathons on TV. So he and I pop some popcorn and watch them. My husband sometimes joins us, but only for the candy and popcorn, I suspect. He talks through movies, so we have to send him away.

Still watching you guys
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: 2007 August 29, 13:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

fanny (means bum) fanny (means vagina) - hence the giggling when we hear Americans talk about "fanny packs".

Holy hell, there went my coffee.

That's so freaking funny. Fanny Packs are stupid, imo, anyway, so to hear that makes it all the more fun to tease those who wear them now..lol.

Thanks Soup for answering. I didn't want to start a debate or anything, was just curious and I'm glad it didn't offend you that I asked. Smiley

Halloween is my Christmas..lol.
I just go nuts. I decorate the yard and house, Cam gets jkick ass comstumes and Eli will now, too since he's old enough to enjoy it this year.
I even dress up every year.
I have the same costume I've been wearing since 2000..lmao. It's an old black bridesmaids dress *yeah, balck, who knows* and I wear it with my fangs and stuff and hiss at everyone that comes to the door.
I dunno, I'm odd.  :lol:
The kids all love me around here, though...although the parents treat me like their oldest kid or something..lmao.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: