PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 00:39:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Carla Niven must be destroyed!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 187 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Carla Niven must be destroyed!  (Read 700232 times)
Azaya
ARR!

View Profile
Carla Niven must be destroyed!
« Reply #2445 on: 2008 February 08, 17:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CaptainHemloch"
My first recolors were just shitty textures pasted on a t-shirt. Of course I knew they were shit and promptly deleted them. I should have sold them. I'd have lots of monies by now!  :?

My first recolors were with FastStone Image Viewer, by moving sliders around. A week later my fiance picked up Photoshop, thank goodness. I still don't have anything worth sharing, though.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2446 on: 2008 February 08, 18:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Markus"
I forgot the link, but there's some tutorial on the Exchange that shows you how to do recolours using MS Paint.

Please don't hold this against me, but at the time I had just started playing, was really naive still, and thought it sounded like a good idea and used it.   :oops:

You have permission to kick my ass for that.

Actually I wouldn't.  Cheesy  Paint has a lot of the features of my own editing program, and now has Photoshop copies of filters that you download and install as separate scripts. I use it if I want the "plastic wrap" filter among others, and if I want to do transparencies, as my image editor doesn't do them in the right format.

It's not perhaps as simple as Photoshop to do something, but Paint isn't that bad.  You have to take a little extra time to get it right, but that's okay.  Most of the people who use Paint aren't really planning to do something other than put a couple of words on it.  Cheesy

There are some little quirks to it too - like you can't paste onto a picture, but if you add a new layer and then paste, same effect as in Photoshop. There are some really cool filters of its own - like making pretty fractals too.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: 2008 February 08, 18:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paint.net is a great freeware alternative to photoshop. It's very easy to use. Gimp is great too, but it's harder to master, at least for me.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: 2008 February 08, 20:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paint.Net and Gimp are great programs.

Calalily, I'll have to check out those Paint filters, they sound really cool.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2449 on: 2008 February 08, 20:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pour vous, darling Markus:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=16&sid=4cc722bfbdb9df17a5af21e38f504d05  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: 2008 February 08, 20:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't even know plugins existed for paint.net

Thanks Calalily but you're still scary
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2451 on: 2008 February 08, 20:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Quote from: "Markus"
I forgot the link, but there's some tutorial on the Exchange that shows you how to do recolours using MS Paint.

Please don't hold this against me, but at the time I had just started playing, was really naive still, and thought it sounded like a good idea and used it.   :oops:

You have permission to kick my ass for that.

Actually I wouldn't.  Cheesy  Paint has a lot of the features of my own editing program, and now has Photoshop copies of filters that you download and install as separate scripts. I use it if I want the "plastic wrap" filter among others, and if I want to do transparencies, as my image editor doesn't do them in the right format.

It's not perhaps as simple as Photoshop to do something, but Paint isn't that bad.  You have to take a little extra time to get it right, but that's okay.  Most of the people who use Paint aren't really planning to do something other than put a couple of words on it.  Cheesy

There are some little quirks to it too - like you can't paste onto a picture, but if you add a new layer and then paste, same effect as in Photoshop. There are some really cool filters of its own - like making pretty fractals too.  Cheesy

Are you talking about Paint.net here or the Paint program that comes with Windows?

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2452 on: 2008 February 08, 20:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paint.NET sorry - but that's much maligned too.  The plugins etc. are an attempt to revive the reputation of Paint.NET - and get more people using it.

And I've done some acceptable drawings in MS Paint too.  Admittedly, that's easier with a tablet than with a mouse, but I've yet to find a free program that has a spray paint like MS Paint - which I quite love.

Visit Calalilysims

SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2453 on: 2008 February 08, 20:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, thanks.

And to derail this thread even further, calalily, I can't seem to sign your guestbook. I was going to thank you for the kick ass Asian silk wallpaper.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: 2008 February 08, 21:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Paint.NET sorry - but that's much maligned too.  The plugins etc. are an attempt to revive the reputation of Paint.NET - and get more people using it.

And I've done some acceptable drawings in MS Paint too.  Admittedly, that's easier with a tablet than with a mouse, but I've yet to find a free program that has a spray paint like MS Paint - which I quite love.

I do all my recolors with Paint.Net and it works great. Since I make stuff for sims I must be a REAL ARTIST after all.  :roll:  :roll:
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: 2008 February 08, 21:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link Calalily.  Cheesy

I found a page of plugins for Gimp if anyone's interested:

http://registry.gimp.org/node
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: 2008 February 08, 22:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Gimp tutes.. http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=182614
fair warning though, these are very basic... Just covering filtered recolours, messing with the alpha and how you add a texture. Not for someone who already knows what they're doing.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: 2008 February 08, 22:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those tutorials are awesome Saraswati. Used them when I first downloaded GIMP and they helped me out a lot.  Cheesy
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: 2008 February 08, 22:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Markus I'm just sorry I never "finished" them.. I meant to do a tute covering shadows and highlights and stuff, but never got round to it. But mind you, once you know the basics you can use commonsense to figure out the rest.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2459 on: 2008 February 09, 07:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SamanthaS"
Okay, thanks.

And to derail this thread even further, calalily, I can't seem to sign your guestbook. I was going to thank you for the kick ass Asian silk wallpaper.

I know - it crapped out on me.  Last night I refreshed and it came back up, but next update I'm switching anyway, cause I don't want to lose my stuff.

And you're welcome.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 187 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: