PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 06:42:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Why does fun things have to turn nasty?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why does fun things have to turn nasty?  (Read 43713 times)
Tramen
ARR!

View Profile
Why does fun things have to turn nasty?
« Reply #90 on: 2007 May 11, 13:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"
I stand corrected. She is not a native speaker. So, because picking on people who do not master the language of the argument is mean, I'm leaving her alone.  You've won, Sammy. I'll shut up. Smiley

(I'm such a softie.)

Just because she's not a native speaker of English, doesn't mean she's an exception to the rule that we take the piss out of the silly trolls who invade this forum. Idiots come from all walks of life and nationalities Cheesy
Samantha
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 May 11, 13:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tramen"
...especially when in the EULA it states that.

Can you, please, post EULA here... maybe other ppl don't know it...
Nina
ARR!

Asspirate!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 May 11, 13:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Samantha"
Quote from: "Nina"
It's just the principle.

Pay for them = wrong.
Share = goooood.

Did you pay for your copy of Windows or your copy of Sims 2 game?

There is big difference between sharing and stealing... don't you think?

What the hell are you babbling about? Are you SHARING the items you SELL?

Yes I paid for my Windows... I'm STILL paying it. Also all my Sims 2 games are bought from a store.

You don't have a point, do you? Try harder.

Besides, I think Windows and EA use 80% of their money on developing new stuff, not take the boss on a Hawaii cruise.

ll big paysites should be reported to IRS (do it.)
If someone does it, let me know so I can masturbate.

(I made the icon... don't steal my asspirate? Sad )
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 May 11, 13:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just because she's not a native speaker of English, doesn't mean she's an exception to the rule that we take the piss out of the silly trolls who invade this forum. Idiots come from all walks of life and nationalities Cheesy

True, but there is no challenge, if she's struggling with the language.
And my carefully constructed sentences will go over her head, so it's a wasted effort.  :lol:

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Nina
ARR!

Asspirate!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 May 11, 13:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"
I stand corrected. She is not a native speaker. So, because picking on people who do not master the language of the argument is mean, I'm leaving her alone.  You've won, Sammy. I'll shut up. Smiley

(I'm such a softie.)

Yeah... besides, it's so cuuute. Look, it pooped it's pants.

Oh and seriously... I'M not a native speaker. I have errors in grammar here and there so basically what Sammy here has is called stupidy with languages.

Tramen
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 May 11, 13:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For Samantha:

"Without limiting the preceding sentence, you may not modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, license, transfer, distribute, create works from, or sell the Tool, or use the Tools & Materials to further any commercial or unlawful purpose. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not use the Tools & Materials to promote another product or business, or on any site that operates or promotes a server emulator."

Here's the full EULA:

http://thesims2.ea.com/community/approval_fansitekit_ep2.php

It's a huge dispute within the Sims2 community, seeing as it's not entirely clear from EA's end if they agree with paysites or not. But as I mentioned before, other gaming communities do not charge for custom content, so why the hell do Sims2 fans believe they have the god given right to make us pay for custom content?
Pirate Gem
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 May 11, 13:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Samantha"
Quote from: "Nina"
It's just the principle.

Pay for them = wrong.
Share = goooood.

Did you pay for your copy of Windows or your copy of Sims 2 game?

There is big difference between sharing and stealing... don't you think?

That Samantha, had to be have been the worst comparison you could have ever made regarding fan sites and the actual game.

Us here, pay for our games, we fork out hundreds of dollars to enjoy a game.

Why should we have to fork out more money for a few fancy items, when we can get them for free?

95% of the content which is disdributed freely on the internet for the sims, is about 100 times better then what is posted on those free sites.

Then you get some of the content that's nice, and you really want it, but you see a "Donation Gift only".

Pfft yah right. If it was a donation gift, why smack a bunch of rules regarding redistribution of it.

I've gotten donation gifts in real life, things I've had, I gave away, why should this be no difference?

This is pretty much what this site is, people who paid their money, giving those who cannot afford it, the chance to have the nice things.

You whinge and complain because a bunch of people refuse to subscribe for your crap, and you hide behind your laws, which if you even bothered to read anything into this site at all, do not apply here.

Not to mention, here where I live, anything such as what is going on (with the paysites that is), is against the Law, and can be taken to court (with much success may I add) quite easily.

My brother in law is a well paid lawyer, and his wife plays the sims, he has no problems with her downloading from this site, as well...it's not against the law, its not breaking any law. All this content is free, it's being freely distributed, and no one is asking for money or so called "donations", if they did, then that would be illegal.

I dont know how old you are, but I'd judge you to be about 20, with a very poor grasp for the English language.

I myself am 20, I live with my fiance, I'm a student, and I'm poor.

I say thanks to everyone here because well, they had the guts to do what needed to be done, stick a pole up the arses of the paysites and tell them to try and sit down.

If they dont like it, then tough, they'll have to deal with the consequences of their actions, which every single person has to.

No one here is breaking any laws, as laws have already been broken.

If you want the real criminals, look at your precious paysite masters and think about it for one second.

Or are you so high up on your cloud of righteousness that you're too empty headed to see how poor your arguments really are.

I'd like you to try and type a longer paragraph then this, without having to copy and post a bunch of laws and EULA shit to us, and maybe I'll read it while I enjoy my milk and biscuits.

Of course, anything you say to me will probably just be a load of rubbish which would sound better coming from a 5 year olds mouth.

~Phorum Troll Killa for hire!~~~
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 May 11, 13:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not a native speaker either. Stick to your guns, Alia, perhaps she's just pretending to not understand.

The thing that made me lulz was how they whined about us being illegal and then encouraging others to hack this site. Yea, because, hacking is sooo legal - and so is being a vigilante.  :roll:

You asked for the EULA, Sam? Well, here it is. Notice the parts in bold. Ouch, you probably didn't even see them before, did you?

I'll admit I downloaded the DMA NPCs from the booty. I had seen them around for years, but had never ever wanted to buy them (yes, dear, money in exchange for goods and/or services constitutes a sale, not a donation), but I removed them from my game again pretty fast. They were cluttering up my game and very uninteresting. I'm SO glad that I never wasted money on that.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 May 11, 13:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's how I see it.

EA can't go hiring lawyers to take down every paysite, that'd be a huge waste of their money since they don't LOSE anything from them existing. Same with PMDB. If there was something offered for download that EA should've made money on, it's possible that they would take action, but not likely concidering it'd still just reach a small percentage of the community.

They make a shitload of money on The Sims 2, and as long as they don't lose any money they couldn't care less. Which means it's up to us to interpret the EULA, and I think it's pretty clear what that says.

So sure, keep your paysite up. We'll keep on sharing.

Have a nice day.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 May 11, 13:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aye, an it seems to me that we may have found us a wee little girlfriend for our other pet troll, otherwise known to us as Rat... Maybe we can lock them up under a custom content bridge and breed them, then sic them onto other sites who will then try to copyright them and say that we can't have them... Ya don't make shit for a game like Sims 2 and expect to get paid when you are ripping off the original makers... Oh, and I paid dearly for my copy of Windows (XP Media Edition if that means a damn) and all of the parts that went into making my computer when I had it custom built. I also bought each Sim expansion pack that I wanted. Too bad most of yer shit seems to be on the same level as the game stuff.... See, thing is, the game stuff sucks donkey balls and we like to have stuff that is decent, hence the custom content. Asking for donations to cover bandwidth is fine... But when you attatch a nice little carrot to bribe people to give you money, then it becomes a business concern and you aren't allowed to do that. Makes me kinda wish that Maxis/EA could come to your house and repossess your games and shit cause you are abusing the ability to make shit. Gah, would someone please put the troll out for some air, she's getting a wee bit wiffy!

P.S.
My lawyer can beat up your lawyer in the law library, cause he is about my age, or at least in his late thirties... I'm in my mid 40's, so.... I'm not the kid you obviously are. See, I had my lawyer look this Sims shit over, and it's the paysite owners who are fucking wrong, not us...

P.P.S.
I forgot to ask one question of you, Samantha... who died and left YOU God?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Nina
ARR!

Asspirate!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 2007 May 11, 13:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For Samantha:

"Without limiting the preceding sentence, you may not modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, license, transfer, distribute, create works from, or sell the Tool, or use the Tools & Materials to further any commercial or unlawful purpose. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not use the Tools & Materials to promote another product or business, or on any site that operates or promotes a server emulator."

Here's the full EULA:

http://thesims2.ea.com/community/approval_fansitekit_ep2.php

It's a huge dispute within the Sims2 community, seeing as it's not entirely clear from EA's end if they agree with paysites or not. But as I mentioned before, other gaming communities do not charge for custom content, so why the hell do Sims2 fans believe they have the god given right to make us pay for custom content?

It's THAT simple!

But no. Nononono. They roll around like a dog on horse shit.

Why can't they just admit it that they want the money for personal use and not for example bandwidth. Dude, my site has unlimited half-free bandwidth. I could easily start selling SHIT (that's what most of the paysites sell in the end) and say I need it for my bandwidth.

ADMIT IT.

Their only victory at the moment now is that they made me loose my cool.

Pirate Gem
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2007 May 11, 13:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "pixelated"

They make a shitload of money on The Sims 2, and as long as they don't lose any money they couldn't care less. Which means it's up to us to interpret the EULA, and I think it's pretty clear what that says.

So sure, keep your paysite up. We'll keep on sharing.

Have a nice day.

Yup exactly.

As long as EA is not the one being harmed here, they wont give a flying rats arse about your paysites at all.

EA wouldnt take action on this site, considering the fact we have done nothing illegal to them in anyway, it is not like we are distributing their GAMES for free, no we arent. We're distributing THEIR products, and yes I will say THEIR products, because technically anything with the sims logo/name/whatever is owned by EA, but we are not SELLING them, the paysites are.

Paysites are making money from EA game's own creation, which is illegal, yes it is, deal with it, go whine to your mummy.

It would be like someone creating a program specifically for Windows and whacking a Microsoft logo and brand name to it, and trying to sell it, with no direct permission from Microsoft themselves.

That is what pay sites do.

They whack a Sim Logo, sim related item, and sell it, as somoene said, any exchange of money for goods is a sale, not a donation.

Pirate Gem
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2007 May 11, 13:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow silence....

I want to put a title in my name that says "Phorum Troll Killa"

;\

Tramen
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 May 11, 14:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She probably realised she was in the wrong and is too ashamed to admit it...or too busy uploading the next bit of crap to earn her a few extra bucks!
Nina
ARR!

Asspirate!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2007 May 11, 14:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pouting. My troll ran away. ;___;

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: