PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 01:14:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 587313 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #855 on: 2007 June 12, 16:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alia, as I recall, Sasilla called us "silly assholes" and suggested Maxis polys were in the tens of thousands.

Over the top, indeed. Like bombing Canada because the Blue Jays beat the Yankees.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: 2007 June 12, 19:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that post by Dot was a real eye opener. For some reason, I'd assumed she was one of the 'decent' FAs. I can see now I was totally wrong on that count.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Capucine
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #857 on: 2007 June 12, 19:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
Wow, that post by Dot was a real eye opener. For some reason, I'd assumed she was one of the 'decent' FAs. I can see now I was totally wrong on that count.
Do what I do, assume everyone at TSR is a cunt. Then, you can only be pleasantly surprised if they exhibit non-cunty behaviour.

size=9]Rum is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of The Sims Community.[/size]

The cake is a rich, moist and delicious lie.
katra
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: 2007 June 12, 20:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh for the love of Mike!  I'm usually all about seeing both sides of an argument, but I can't see a rational reason not to post poly counts unless you're worried that yours are too high and your dl counts (and pay?) will go down. And saying that they take too long to get is silly.  When you are working on the mesh in your program or putting it in SimPe you can easily get a count and note it.

That response by Dot was just absurd.  What does having the info hurt anyone?  If they don't understand it, they'll just ignore it or look it up or ,worst case scenario, not dl something that really is okay because they don't understand it (and who cares?).  If you really think people will freak out post the poly count of a comparable Maxis object for comparison.

I've grown to heartily dislike TSR over the past year, but if this an indication of the culture over there, I could begin to despise it .
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #859 on: 2007 June 12, 20:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, there is a pretty good discussion going on at the link alia gave, since the other one got deleted.

ETA; Most people seem to agree that poly counts should be added and that a sticky for education purposes about poly counts and what they mean should be added too.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
FreakyBooty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: 2007 June 13, 05:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm peversely happy.  It seems two things were accomplished by that thread.  The addition of the poll, and the favor being for listing poly counts.  We'll see if they act upon it.  And, of course, the fantastical way in which DOT stated her opinion.  I never saw that coming, and was incensed when I read it, but I'm glad she displayed herself in such a way.  I couldn't wait to repost that, because I knew the thread wasn't going to last.  PMBD was my first choice, as I knew it was pokeable & laughable.  S2C for the idiots/misinformed who still like to defend TSR, or don't see what's wrong with it.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that DOT's response was at the behest of Atwa.  Atwa was addressed by Living Dead Girl & myself, over a week prior to DOT's post, asking for her input, in light of her Non-FA Artist Manager position  O.o  The next time she posts, is fifteen minutes after DOT  :roll:

I went there with an honest question.  I'll admit, the post was triggered by Sasilia's response at SFV to Alia questioning poly counts of Sasilia's meshes.  That "silly assholes" comment really grated on me.  And knowing that some recent FA "aquirements" were really poser conversion meshers, this topic would be oh so relevant and ... interesting.  I didn't really see myself as being confrontational, so I don't know what the hell happened.  I went from angry (pet peeve: condescending people), to highly amused (the brough-ha-ha that ensued, and the mindless display of the sheep.)  Eh, I went & spent time with the hubby after 404's post, so I missed all the rest  :cry:  Thanks for those posts 404 & alia, and whoever else's posts I missed, and thanks for the rum as well.  Ha, I saved the page and noticed, at the moment I saved it, Steve Bonham was reading the thread.

Quote from: "Capucine"
Do what I do, assume everyone at TSR is a cunt. Then, you can only be pleasantly surprised if they exhibit non-cunty behaviour.

:lol:  Too true.  I think I have a quote!  Hope you don't mind, Capucine.

Do what I do, assume everyone at TSR is a cunt. Then, you can only be pleasantly surprised if they exhibit non-cunty behaviour.  -- Capucine
I is LadyGrainne, and I is a thug.  Can I has a cookie?
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: 2007 June 13, 05:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went and voted in the poll on poly-count.  I don't actually download much from there, but if bad quality doesn't get people, then maybe poly-counts would get some of them.  It just might be me being paranoid, but for some reason I have a feeling some of them are going to lie about the poly-counts if it isn't going to be checked.  And even if it was checked, who's to say that the person checking it won't just pass it along because they're a friend or something?  Sigh, TSR.  I hate you.

---

I'm reminded of this quote:

"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or being pleasantly surprised."

George F. Will.

We discussed it a while ago in AP English when we were talking about H.L. Mencken and other nice people like him.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: 2007 June 13, 05:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The snotty answer (DOT's) might be indicative of a growing sense of frustration over at the TSR . Their once smug and secure position within the community is under attack on several fronts. So you might consider getting in the lifeboat early DOT,  atwa's ego alone will probably take up half of it.
Anachronism
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: 2007 June 13, 07:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "poohbear7882"
Thank you, Thomas, btw, for stopping the debate that started. I think it was about to get uglier...

anyone want to have a blanket party on her head?

on topic: i agree with the poly count addition. it was only a few months ago that i actually learnt what polys were, and i'm glad, because i've downloaded so many high-poly objects without checking and crashed my game.

ommon sense is not so common.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #864 on: 2007 June 13, 08:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
It just might be me being paranoid, but for some reason I have a feeling some of them are going to lie about the poly-counts if it isn't going to be checked.  And even if it was checked, who's to say that the person checking it won't just pass it along because they're a friend or something?  Sigh, TSR.  I hate you.

There might be people who do lie about the poly counts, but I think there will be enough people that check them once they download something.  I know I will be checking.  Then they can just report the file.

lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: 2007 June 13, 08:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Anachronism
Thank you, Thomas, btw, for stopping the debate that started. I think it was about to get uglier...

Arguments are nasty. Flame wars are worse. But a debate? Oh no, we can never allow that to happen!

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: 2007 June 13, 10:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lemmiwinks"

Arguments are nasty. Flame wars are worse. But a debate? Oh no, we can never allow that to happen!

Good Lord no!  :shock:  Never let the sheep have opinions, or even speak of them! Thats plain madness! Madnesssssssss...

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #867 on: 2007 June 14, 03:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, exactly where did you post that? In a guestbook?

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: 2007 June 14, 04:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

..And what do you hope to accomplish with that?  It's just going to be deleted as soon as they see it.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #869 on: 2007 June 14, 08:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that they read this site they won't even have to wait for someone to report it. What a waste of effort, and well done on the swearing, really going to keep you under the radar. Without it, maybe the first person who saw it might be a wavering sheep or a pirate ready to shake off it's wool. This way there's no chance.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: