PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 01:52:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New confirmation
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New confirmation  (Read 35238 times)
Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New confirmation
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 31, 03:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And PMBD can now be linked on S2C!!

Sarah (^..^)
Pirate Gem
Landlubber

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 31, 03:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
Pirate Gem, once you put your creation into .package format, it is EA Maxis'.  It's as simple as that.

They could sell obj and texture files and it would be legal.

Yes I do know this Smiley

I am just sayign someone needs to ASK EA, and then post it so the paysites can see ;p

~Phorum Troll Killa for hire!~~~
Lilyroseisapirate
ARR!

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 31, 14:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, i was just over at s2c and i looked at hysterical paroxysms avatar and it has an eye patch over her girl....and in her siggy it links, and i quote "pirate booty" LOL, YES....

quot;In Soviet Russia, you do not steal content, content steals YOU!\" <br />                             -Pescado
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New confirmation
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 31, 14:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pirate Gem I think the closest answers we are going to get are about what we have now and have gotten these past years.  EA does a good job of not being too specific.  However, they have mentioned that both the selling of CC is a violation of their copyright and that legally EA owns all work created that includes their "tools and materials" which to me answers that question.   I don't think they are going to say anything more specific than that.  

EA owns the .package, even if you put your own stuff in it.  Now I am not sure they could go on and extract your mesh or texture and say they own it, but as long as it's together with their materials, and you willingly placed it there,  then you have no argument.  

Also, paysite know about this, I am sure the majority do, and they are not going to do a thing about it even if you plaster it all over their inboxes.  They are going to look around, see other paysites, see the money coming in, and continue to do what they do until EA directly tells them to stop.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 31, 14:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're as cynical and skeptical as I am. Paysites are a virus that is immune to the antibody known as EA legal. They'll just keep doing what they do until they implode which I can see happening over at TSR.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
New confirmation
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 31, 14:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're imploding?  This I got to see.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 31, 14:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a huge step though for S2C to allow linking to the booty. It will suck paying customers away from them. I suspect that after it all sinks in, the stupid anti-Delphy commandos will not be very popular among paysite owners. I think their self-serving little stunt was the tipping point for the people over at S2C.

Who is going to pay now?
Smonaff
Landlubber

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 31, 15:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol. How ironic, that would mean that LyricLee has unwittingly helped the anti-paysite cause more than just about anyone.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New confirmation
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 31, 15:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guess she got a revolution after all then, just not the one she wanted.

Smonaff
Landlubber

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 31, 16:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she was smart, which we know she's not, she would quietly retire from the sims community and find somewhere else on the internets to hang out, Myspace comes to mind.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New confirmation
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 31, 16:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Sherry"
That's his opinion though, but honestly I always fail to see how in the end this matters much.  We have over the years collected many similar letters.  Nothing is ever done to prevent paysites or to stop us from distributing thier files.  I could be mistaken, but I have very little faith anything will happen with this.

So young. So cynical.  Smiley

Still watching you guys
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New confirmation
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 31, 16:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, but I been in this community for so many years.  Back when trading walls and floors on ts1 forums was the "thing".  Back when sites were free and then first criticized for going pay.  

It's great that Pes backed sharing the way he did.  It's even great the FFFS is out there, it's awesome that Delphy is allowing links to PMBD, and it's nice that finally there is a large part of the community speaking out against paysites together.  However, at the end of the day EA really needs to do something other than write us pretty letters.  

I am hoping for TS3 they will do so, if only to end this mess that paysites, and anti-paysite people have made for them.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
New confirmation
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 31, 16:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember those days too.

And I think that was half the reason for the sims2pack to work the way it does.  You make a house and share it.  Its a little clumsy, but it does make it obvious that sharing is the idea - not locking it behind a wall.  Same with the way the whole exchange works.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 31, 17:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.thesimsresource.com/news.php?ID=2564

We are going to offer more free FA content from those who has been on TSR a long time. Those with a big file archive will offer sets on a weekly rotation rather then monthly - that is a LOT of free sets every week. We'll try this and see how it works out for everyone, so please enjoy! Smiley

:lol:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New confirmation
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 31, 18:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More crumbs being tossed down to appease the peasants. Wooo... woo... Sorry, I just can't muster the enthusiasm this demands... :roll:

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: