PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 06:00:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 587762 times)
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1575 on: 2007 August 30, 13:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CapnJojoba"
Quote from: "N0uK!!EINZ"
It's quite cool actually : he gets paid doing what he always did, he keeps the same policy, and you can still get anything unique to TSR for free from the Booty anyway. Smart move.

Agreed.

Beos still will create at Insim and other free places, and he has a particularly grooovy policy. He just gets the best of both worlds, as it where  Tongue

I hope that they treat him well and not like they have with previous FAs....I wish him luck with it. Just because he has become a FA at TSR as well as being a super free creator does not mean he is no less awesome...

Its him being smart and making a good move

Seriously, am I missing something here? Since when is a free creator taking their free creations from one site and uploading them to a paysite for subscribers only considered smart and a good move? True, his stuff is still free for now on Insim but how long until that changes? Shino and KansasCityRose had their free site down with in a day after going FA. They were stomped on for taking their free stuff pay.

I don't get it. Why is there a double standard for him and none of the others? I must be missing something.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: 2007 August 30, 14:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Duckie"
It's quite cool actually : he gets paid doing what he always did, he keeps the same policy, and you can still get anything unique to TSR for free from the Booty anyway. Smart move.

Agreed.

Beos still will create at Insim and other free places, and he has a particularly grooovy policy. He just gets the best of both worlds, as it where  Tongue

I hope that they treat him well and not like they have with previous FAs....I wish him luck with it. Just because he has become a FA at TSR as well as being a super free creator does not mean he is no less awesome...

Seriously, am I missing something here? Since when is a free creator taking their free creations from one site and uploading them to a paysite for subscribers only considered smart and a good move? True, his stuff is still free for now on Insim but how long until that changes? Shino and KansasCityRose had their free site down with in a day after going FA. They were stomped on for taking their free stuff pay.

I don't get it. Why is there a double standard for him and none of the others? I must be missing something.

I'm not surprised he's doing this, but not happy either. Most of his best stuff was in cooperation with Marvine, wonder how she feels about it? Honestly, if he went all pay, I wouldn't miss any of it unless he roped Marvine into joining him and they made all their body builder stuff pay.

My best guess is he's trying to ride the fence and get a few extra bucks and he'll keep double posting his stuff. Not admirable really, but meh.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: 2007 August 30, 14:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"

Agreed.

I'm not surprised he's doing this, but not happy either. Most of his best stuff was in cooperation with Marvine, wonder how she feels about it? Honestly, if he went all pay, I wouldn't miss any of it unless he roped Marvine into joining him and they made all their body builder stuff pay.

My best guess is he's trying to ride the fence and get a few extra bucks and he'll keep double posting his stuff. Not admirable really, but meh.

To make something clear, he will not take his previous free stuff down from anywhere. Also he will not be changing his policy, anything you get from TSR (Booty) will still be moddable etc etc etc. He is fully aware that as an FA his stuff ends up in the Booty, but he's still getting paid for it anyway, not his problem, Thomas's. He will not create for TSR exclusively.
He is still dedicated to the free sites and will continue creating for them as well.

Inactive
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: 2007 August 30, 14:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing I'm missing. The TSR sheep are still going to be paying for Beosboxboy's stuff because they aren't allowed to know about Insim (same old crap adult content excuse).

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1579 on: 2007 August 30, 15:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless he has a different agreement than most other FA's.   Most are required to publish a certain amount and can only publish outside TSR something like 25%.  While TSRdoesn't require that everything they make is hosted there, 75% is.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Lilwen
ARR!

Dirty Fanny La Bouche

View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: 2007 August 30, 16:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its a sad day, when creators like beosboxboy join TSR, but actions speak louder then words and at least he hasn't left the community and taken his toys with him like some creator's.

Life! should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride!
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: 2007 August 30, 17:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
I'm with Cala. Beos has always been pay-sympathetic and rather full of himself. He has more in common, personality-wise, with the people at Save the Sims than us. If it isn't actually him, he's got a soulmate in nohead with all the respect crap.

I knew this was comming, it was just a matter of time. He's friends with Exnem and Lyric too.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: 2007 August 30, 20:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
I'm with Cala. Beos has always been pay-sympathetic and rather full of himself. He has more in common, personality-wise, with the people at Save the Sims than us. If it isn't actually him, he's got a soulmate in nohead with all the respect crap.

I knew this was comming, it was just a matter of time. He's friends with Exnem and Lyric too.

Same here. I am completely unsurprised. I was actually rather shocked that he'd remained free for so long, considering his attitude.

Charlotte
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: 2007 August 30, 20:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was I seeing things but didn't beoboxyboy use to be admin at insim?

Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: 2007 August 30, 22:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think beos is still is an admin at Insim...right? :?

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
sheehaz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: 2007 August 31, 00:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like others before, i'm not surprised. I expected him to become FA a while ago. Here's what he posted in his blog.

Beosboxboy wrote:
My older uploads

I will be placing all of my older items into the free rotation permanently, it takes a bit of doing tracking down all the item numbers and making the change, so be patient and it will all get done as I have the time to devote to it.

Perhaps, some of you will think I should move all of my work here. That just isn't possible due to licensing agreements with the persons who allowed me free use of a texture or mesh part. Others were group projects and therefore not exclusively mine, or not mine at all as is the case of the bodybuilder. I may have worked with Marvine on the bodybuilders, but I never have considered them mine in any fashion; so those meshes will continue to be hosted on sites of Marvine's choosing.

My new uploads

With the exception of the upcoming Catch of the Day set, the new items you see by me on TSR will be exclusive to TSR. The Catch of the Day set was submitted before I accepted the invitation to become an FA, so it is a bit of a hiccup. I will be moving it to free as soon as it becomes available.

I have some exciting ideas for new content for the game, and now that I can work with some of the artists whose work I have so greatly enjoyed, I look forward to a sort of personal renaissance as an artist in the TSR community.

Keep checking my blog for previews and progress updates.

Thanks for visiting!

Yakov/beosboxboy
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1586 on: 2007 August 31, 00:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how Kathy and Eric feel about this? I don't really know Kathy that well but from what I've seen here and at Insim I can't imagine her congratulating him.

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: 2007 August 31, 01:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"I have some exciting ideas for new content for the game, and now that I can work with some of the artists whose work I have so greatly enjoyed, I look forward to a sort of personal renaissance as an artist in the TSR community."

Gag me with a spork.

So, people who create free items aren't really worth working with? Atwa makes more enjoyable things than Nouk? The people at InSim don't inspire him enough?

Pay creators aren't allowed to work with free creators?!  

These people are all insane jerks, aren't they?

tgriffy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: 2007 August 31, 01:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"
These people are all insane jerks, aren't they?

Well . . . Yes!!!

Tim
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1589 on: 2007 August 31, 02:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quoted from Yakovs Blog:
PS: And no, there is nothing bad between me and any other site I habit. All that has happened is that I have added TSR at the top of the list; the reasons for this are pretty straight forward: I really want to have the opportunity to work with many of the established artists on TSR. I will continue to work with Marvine and others on the projects I already have started; but this is an opportunity for me as an artist to work with so many of the people who have made the content I use in my game.

To work with esablished artists? What the hell. Artists @ GSC or InSim arent established enough for him to work with. Also he puts TSR above GSC or InSim?

Im so peeved i could spit!

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: