PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 11:03:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 12 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074163 times)
Jonesi
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3405 on: 2009 February 20, 01:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That lot is piss poor eh, I seriously hope the buildings will look better than that.  That wallpaper shouldn't even be an option for walls!

Sarahsuke
Landlubber

INFJ - The S is for Sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3406 on: 2009 February 20, 02:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't heard anything about or from SimFreaks in so long that I forgot they were still around.
Do they still expect people to pay them for Sims 1 downloads?
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: 2009 February 20, 03:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they still expect people to pay them for Sims 1 downloads?

Yes.  Yes they do, sadly. 
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3408 on: 2009 February 20, 03:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For now, the big hype for sims 3 is the sims themselves, and the improved movie making.  I can't see what improvements have been made to building, and honestly, it doesn't look like much has been done, and certain things we could do with 2 seem to be gone from 3 - like the floor elevation cheat.

I'm dubious, but figure it mmight be fun to play my sims, even if its not as fun for me to build stuff....I'll wait and see.  Kate's review did a lot to make me more interested, because it was blunt and while it didn't assuage my worries, it said that even with its flaws, it was fun.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: 2009 February 20, 13:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but the daft thing about the movie-making tools is that the machinima artists had a hard time using them, largely because they had no control over their sims or their free will. I reckon the movie-making tools will only be of any real use to the sixes who seem to think that getting raped, abused or "pregnat/pregnet/pegnet/pegnit" (only four of the spellings for "pregnant" I came across on the Exchange in the past) is something to aspire to on the Exchange. In fact, I predict a flood of these types of videos hitting the Exchange on release day.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: 2009 February 20, 14:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

don't know...but I think Steve used to be one of the Maxoids at the BBS...
He was/is a SimMaster. I don't ever remember seeing him "retire", so I guess I'd consider him looooong inactive. You can find his simpage on the Sims 2 website. Wink He updates it quite frequently too, so I know he logs in as SimMasterSteve from time to time. And that being said, I wonder what else he might do with his SM powers. Cool

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: 2009 February 20, 14:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simfreaks? Wow. That was waaaaaaaay back in the day. Kinda sad to see them fall so far after the release of Sims 2.

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: 2009 February 20, 17:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what he can do with his SM powers, but it might get kind of graphic and messy and for some of you it could be nearing a meal time. Grin

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3413 on: 2009 February 20, 17:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For now, the big hype for sims 3 is the sims themselves, and the improved movie making.  I can't see what improvements have been made to building, and honestly, it doesn't look like much has been done, and certain things we could do with 2 seem to be gone from 3 - like the floor elevation cheat.

The sad thing here is that the only reason I'm still interested in the Sims 2 is because of the storytelling and movvie-making, and the Sims 3 just doesn't attract me at all. The new look is just boring old generic play d'oh puppets, no personality or charm whatsoever. At least with this game being out for years and years  I can make my sims look however freaky or normal I want them to look, make them do whatever I need them to do and so on. So no, as a storyteller, I'm not convinced. At all.

ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: 2009 February 20, 17:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call me ignorant, but are any other fansite people or CC creators Maxoids or SMs? Something about the idea of SimMasterSteve really bothers me. I think I'm just about fed up with the whole Sims scene. If EA turns a blind eye to paysites just because they are buddies with Steve Bonham, then I've had it.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: 2009 February 20, 18:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are bits and parts of The Sims 3 that I like, but my wanting of it is slowly dieing away. I'm a huge builder in the game, more so then playing (I have had one family hit generation 4, and only a few get to generation 3). So I like working on buildings all the time. I'll spend a month on a building, that way I get the dimensions just right, and I can get exactly the right stuff in it. The CC has really made me not want to get it. I like getting all the new meshes. A lot of what I have is little things like CDs, plates, books, you know, the little things that make a house look like a home. If I do get The Sims 3, and I don't like how the building is, then I will get bored with it very quickly.

And ooglafina , I don't know of any other fansite creators that are a SimMaster, but one of the Maxoids was from Parsimonious.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: 2009 February 20, 18:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happy Moon Belly, which makes me wonder if they remembered that and so included Kate. Kate is an awesome creator, don't get me wrong on that score, and deserved to go on her own merits, but after some of the folks they picked, I really don't think they were going so much for quality. Kate was a welcome surprise!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3417 on: 2009 February 20, 18:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call me ignorant, but are any other fansite people or CC creators Maxoids or SMs? Something about the idea of SimMasterSteve really bothers me. I think I'm just about fed up with the whole Sims scene. If EA turns a blind eye to paysites just because they are buddies with Steve Bonham, then I've had it.

Well, hard facts are difficult to come by, but it's pretty obvious that EA is in bed with certain paysites. In any case, nobody really expects EA to give a hoot and do anything else besides try and milk this franchise for what it's worth, so I hope you're not expecting them to do anything worthwhile soon. It may happen, but please don't hold your breath.

minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: 2009 February 20, 22:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call me ignorant, but are any other fansite people or CC creators Maxoids or SMs?
Some of the SMs are creators or have their own sites. SMPiparis creates stuff, SMAnubis creates stuff with Sterling Sims site if memory recalls, SMSweetie has her own site, SMBurpie created stuff (but I think she maybe has left the community), and SMJen writes stories that she uploads to the Exchange. Those are the ones I recall through the years. So, Steve's not the only one who's been a SM who was heavily involved in "community" shtuffs. I guess he's the only one who is just more out there and well known because of TSR.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3419 on: 2009 February 20, 22:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But didn't Moon Belly step away from Parsimonious to keep herself objective or something?  I do think that's why she got invited though - since merit seems to not have been a deciding factor on anything.

And Sims 3 is kind of like the sims stories for me - I'm curious, but its not a must have.  I do want to play with building and the like, and since I so rarely get past -one- generation, I hope that I can actually play a family longer.  We'll see.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: