PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 01:44:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ok, Carla Niven sucks. But what about Simchic?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ok, Carla Niven sucks. But what about Simchic?  (Read 15090 times)
Stephsim
Landlubber

View Profile
Ok, Carla Niven sucks. But what about Simchic?
« Reply #30 on: 2007 February 14, 02:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah Simchic is hit and miss - I do like some of their stuff but others like that outfit you posted are horrible. While they aren't as bad as Niven there are many free sites that make better clothes.
I mainly collect their stuff for sharing purposes rather than to put in the game.
Cherry Lips
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 February 14, 11:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like some of their stuff... about 5% of the site. When I found PMBD, I went to SimChic to see what could I download from donation section, cause everyone said i's a great site, but I ended up downloading nothing.

They're not as horrible as Carl though. But I think they should be free, considering the quality.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 February 14, 13:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "simplystella"

I rarely make my sims actually *swim*, I'm more likely to just take them and bring them to the beach to eat sandwiches, play darts and stay with friends. And what's wrong in going to the beach wearing heels? I mean, I do that.

Wouldn't you get stuck in the sand and be eaten alive by the beach crabs? I mean, crabs normally pose no threat to people because you can easily outwalk them and they don't do enough damage on their own to threaten you, but if you were get stuck in the sand because of those stupid heels, you wouldn't be able to kick them away, and they'd swarm over you and eat you alive in small bits slowly and painfully.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 February 14, 14:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "snadradeocconer"
I use simchic nails simply beacause the mts2 nail mesh is shiny, and they re aren't alot go realistic non-designed textures for the mts2 nails.

If someone could remove the shine, then i would sue them

You're talking about the long nail mesh by shadylady?  It's not shiny.  I'd use a shiny mesh before I'd use one that was all f'd up anyway.  Quality comes first.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
snadradeocconer
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 February 14, 14:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yeah i use the shadylady one, and for some odd reason, they come out looking shiny for me, but maybe i should sue them, the simchic one leaves this little weird mark that you can see when you have your sim click on something.

ie Pay sites Die
:
TSR
Rose Sims
Sublisims
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 February 14, 20:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Quote from: "simplystella"

I rarely make my sims actually *swim*, I'm more likely to just take them and bring them to the beach to eat sandwiches, play darts and stay with friends. And what's wrong in going to the beach wearing heels? I mean, I do that.

Wouldn't you get stuck in the sand and be eaten alive by the beach crabs? I mean, crabs normally pose no threat to people because you can easily outwalk them and they don't do enough damage on their own to threaten you, but if you were get stuck in the sand because of those stupid heels, you wouldn't be able to kick them away, and they'd swarm over you and eat you alive in small bits slowly and painfully.

Only on Christmas Island.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 February 15, 10:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so tired of seeing sleepwear and swimwear meshes with deformed high heels.. like who goes to bed wearing their shoes and I definately do not wear heels to go the beach, unless it's a stroll at night along a boardwalk or something and even then it would not be my first choice of footwear.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
Cherry Lips
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 February 15, 11:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "cheekylilgirl"
I am so tired of seeing sleepwear and swimwear meshes with deformed high heels.. like who goes to bed wearing their shoes and I definately do not wear heels to go the beach, unless it's a stroll at night along a boardwalk or something and even then it would not be my first choice of footwear.

That irritates me too! SimplyElau and I think MissCutipie also create such meshes. High heels ruin perfectly nice swimsuit.
Helena
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 February 15, 11:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made a swimsuit with a heels once, but actually I do not consider it to be a swimsuit, it is sort of a stripper costume, that's why I made it with heels.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 February 15, 12:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Cherry Lips"
That irritates me too! SimplyElau and I think MissCutipie also create such meshes. High heels ruin perfectly nice swimsuit.

Yeah, but in most cases it's pretty easy to lop them off and render it into a regular swimsuit, even for one as lacking in skills of an artist as myself. All you need are the select tool, the delete button, and sometimes the flood fill tool.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 February 15, 15:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't the mesh still have them on tiptoes?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 February 15, 20:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "teadrinker"
Wouldn't the mesh still have them on tiptoes?

It's pretty trivial to revert such things back to the standard Maxis mesh, though.

Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 February 15, 22:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a lot of work, but some meshes have different proportions in the hips/waist.  Lines that match a slim mesh will look royally retarded on the frumpy maxis nude.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Blaz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 February 16, 15:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimChic’s not my kind of a place to ‘shop’, but since BlueSoup’s obvious distress and sulky comments made me curious, I had to see what was so bloody awful about them. Stupid me! No wonder Soup's so bloody grumpy.

So... I skipped the clothing parts and went straight to the furniture files - only to see some blurry... blurries! Cute, but retina tiring. Batman help us if they ever decide to photoshop some whirly and glittery things upon them. Honestly, what is with the pay-sites making the preview pictures so terribly small?

Ok, boys, pop quiz, how many items can you count? Supposed number: 17. I got something around... thirteen (!?) and this is the only piccie they offer.

Since everything was ultramodern rubbish apparently anyway, I didn’t even bother to fire up the booty and had some rendezvous with the celebrity fashion don’ts.

Glitter is something that should be never simmified.

I’m scared.
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 February 16, 17:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you werent counting the "decor" items on the shelves?
rug, plant, sofa, loveseat, 2 bookcases, 2 paintings, "sideboard", and the little decor items that serve no real purpose...thats where they got the "17".
I wouldnt even download that if it were free...and I've seen almost the exact same thing on free sites.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: