PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 05:04:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR's Corrupted Files
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR's Corrupted Files  (Read 13968 times)
raynuss
Landlubber

View Profile
TSR's Corrupted Files
« on: 2008 October 11, 12:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems back in September, TSR's server went wacko and corrupted a lot of the files on the site.  This was discovered, of course, by members who downloaded the files and had their game crash and notified the respective TSR creator.  Most of the files have been since fixed at TSR.  The problem is that the booty here still contains the original fiiles and they WILL crash your game.  I've download at least six of these corrupted files from the booty in the last 2 months.  I just wanted to warn anyone downloading files from the TSR booty, in particular files by MSBarrows, Cyclonesue and Simaddict99 that you may have gotten corrupt files.   
chestylarue
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: TSR's Corrupted Files
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 11, 13:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the FAQ http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/index.php/topic,1641.0.html.

Lurk Moar.

Have a kitty-
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 11, 15:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the information, but Ray you should contact Hec about this. Even then I do think it would be in vain, because not a lot of those creators bothered to update their items anyways. Just PM Hec and see if a true issue.  Tongue

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 11, 15:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an issue I have heard about, but nobody has ever supplied a conclusive and reliable list of what exactly is broken.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 11, 16:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that the Vegas Lights Set, by cyclone I think, are the bad ones.  She claimed they were crashing peoples game and the set I got from the booty caused my game to crash.  I just got rid of them since they werent that important to me.  I dont know about any more.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
fway
ARR!

ESTP

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 11, 17:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why should I not be so surprised that corrupt files came from a site that's corrupt itself?! Unfortunately, that stinks for your game... but what can you expect, it's TSR, little corrupt TSR, sharing your info, etc.

jilly
ARR!

dumber than EVAR

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 11, 18:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that the Vegas Lights Set, by cyclone I think, are the bad ones.  She claimed they were crashing peoples game and the set I got from the booty caused my game to crash.  I just got rid of them since they werent that important to me.  I dont know about any more.

'Tis true. They crashed my game and I lost my entire lot.  Sad
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 11, 20:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are fixed there but not here.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
daniyagami
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 11, 20:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why should I not be so surprised that corrupt files came from a site that's corrupt itself?! Unfortunately, that stinks for your game... but what can you expect, it's TSR, little corrupt TSR, sharing your info, etc.

Sounds logical.I was trying to download something from TSR other day, a free file and I got a corrupted one. It took me ages to download that thing and ended as a game crasher. Seems to me an old problem.

Corsair: a pirate who be makin' his berth in the Med-...Medi-...that sea 'tween Spain and Africa, aye!
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 11, 20:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A while ago, I had to take out several TSR free files from TabbyLu (?). They were crashing the game at the load screen. I just stopped going there figuring they can't even get the basics right anymore.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 11, 22:05:01 by SnarkyShark » Logged
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 11, 22:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

T$R, doin the basics WRONG!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
simsartgallery
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 04, 10:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Corrupted files from TSR is nothing new for me. When my game crashes, that's the first place I look... Although, there was a period when it seemed more files than what has been mentioned were corrupted. I just put em out. It's not like I'm gonna die without them.
badcyn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 04, 19:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(SimAddict99) SA99 Tiki files (superset, add-on, kitchen add-on, mini add-on, the nursery set), overhead kitchen cabinets, the end tables, the blinds/curtains, everything in the nursery file, coffee table, and the armoire/dresser.

It affected all the .zip or .rar files, no matter which one I downloaded or re-downloaded. 

edited for clarity
(SA99 has a post about the TIKI files in particular on her site, and said the problem was from server issues in the past and was corrected, and blamed it on "files shared illegally," her quote) which I found amusing that she would word in that way, since paysites are illegal.

My apologies if anyone thought I meant to insult the wonderful work done here by all.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 04, 21:33:36 by Cynarra » Logged
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 04, 20:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this is supposed to amuse us how? First off, our files aren't illegal. Selling them is illegal. Read the arguments. Also, they were paid for despite it being illegal to sell them, we just share them around and trim the fuck out of the profit margin for the assholes. You find it amusing that the files we have are corrupted? Then you're in the wrong place. We're here to stick it to the paysites, not the poor fools that think pay garbage is better. Gah, go have some coffee and figure out if you're here to help or be a toad. If you're here to help, pass the rum. If you're here to be a toad, hop on out the door.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
badcyn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 04, 21:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will pass the rum.

My apologies if my meaning wasn't clear.  I thought it was amusing, in a sarcastic way, that SA99 posted that in her blog, because I agree with you Paden.  I in no way meant to insult this forum.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: