PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 07:06:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  And here she goes again...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: And here she goes again...  (Read 41842 times)
And here she goes again...
« Reply #75 on: 2006 November 20, 21:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For someone who is sooooo over this issue, she certainly has a lot to say on the matter.

In fact some of you write some really sickeningly sweet stuff - the kind of stuff that makes me want to drag the site back into its public directory.  You didn't really think I'd delete the site did you?

With the implication that if people just humiliate themselves and beg her a little harder, she'll let them play with her toys again.

Long story short, it basically stated that I was removing the site because I was no longer free to choose whether or not to distribute my content freely.  

Which is nonsense, because she's always been free to choose that, and if she doesn't like what people do with her content, she's always been free to stop making her content available. Just like she did! No one is magically controlling her mind or putting a gun to her head and making her do things. She's confusing her dislike of what other people do with her content as those people taking away her choices of what to do with her content in the first place.

She hasn't learned the first big lesson anyone who creates anything needs to learn: The moment you start showing what you make to other people, their reactions and what they do with what they've seen/read/bought is pretty much out of your hands. You have legal redress in certain circumstances... but what she's whining about right now is pretty much the equivalent of an artist throwing a shitfit because some teenager printed out their artwork and gave it to a buddy for her to hang in her locker.

Our time, our money, our efforts are no longer ours to do with as we please.

Which is utterly ridiculous. No one is forcing her to do something she doesn't want; she's pissy because other people aren't doing what she wants in reaction to what she does, so she them blames them for somehow forcing her to do things she doesn't want to do.

Shes basically not taking responsibility for what she chooses to do in response to other people's actions, basically. She'd rather blame other people for 'making' her do this unpleasant thing. She's 32 goddamned years old, here, she's more than old enough to figure out responses to a situation, weigh the pros and cons of those situations, and choose what she thinks is best. I can't imagine that this ISN'T what she's doing... so doing what she did was up to her.

I should have the right to choose whether or not to distribute a file for donation, on a paysite or freely based on what I want not what others want.

And I should have the right to praise and adulation from thousands for everything I draw! I spent hundreds in art supplies so people should compensate me for looking at my artwork! Wait, no. This doesn't have anything to do with 'shoulds' but 'wants'.

The only way I or any other creator can win is by not distributing content.

I don't know, I think everyone would win if she'd quit whining about people not compensating her for her hobby.

Evidently the man and his friends have no life whatsoever.

Hehheh.

The best thing to come of this is that EA has finally issued a statement on all of this.  At least the creator community will now know exactly where they stand.  There are a lot of misunderstanding concerning that statement and copyright laws but I have some really good legal connections so I understand exactly what EA does and does not own.  In other words, stop wasting your efforts with assinine threats of EA sueing me.  Like I would honestly listen to anyone on the internet when I personally know dozens of people who actually know what the law says.

But she's going to listen to EA? Waitaminute.

I wonder if her 'really good legal connections' are anything like her black-hat hacker husband *coughScriptKiddiecough* who would totally kick all of our asses if he didn't have a government job.

Anyone wanna take bets on how long we can keep HChangeri bleating about this? I bet... 2 euros and some pocket lint!

[Edit] Couldn't resist this from her "leik omg this is how I make my super cool shit" blog. Just fucking couldn't.

This threw me a bit since I had to dismiss most of what I learned about 2D design in order to really grasp 3D design.

WHAT. WHAT. WHAT THE FUCK. What kind of shitastic artist forgets how to fucking draw when they work in 3D?! To DESIGN? Designing things WELL in 2D surprisingly takes a decent grasp of how things relate to each other in three dimensional space.

That she thinks she needs all of the really expensive programs to make sims 2 stuff at the quality level she's reached... yeeeeah, she isn't fucking going anywhere with any sort of artistic endevour until she pulls her head out of her ass. It wouldn't matter if she had a rendering studio from Industrial Light and Magic, she'd still suck because she doesn't have good enough damned skills.
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 November 20, 21:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but I have some really good legal connections so I understand exactly what EA does and does not own.  In other words, stop wasting your efforts with assinine threats of EA sueing me.  Like I would honestly listen to anyone on the internet when I personally know dozens of people who actually know what the law says.

Black hats,  how lawyers? HO NOES!

I love how she says that she didn't read the comments when, in fact, you know she did. She was hoping for a bunch of sycophants masturbating with their keyboards to her mindless Ayn Rand fellatio and was mocked in accordance. HShambala finally realizes that, above all

a) It's not like you need a secret decoder ring to figure out what the EULA says, and
b) She's such a small blip on the radar anyway that absolutely no one cares (besides us because we're mean and evil and anti-capitalism, oh my!)

So what have learned today, boys and girls?

INTERNET = SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to laugh hysterically in the corner.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 November 20, 21:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh....god. She's a fucking idiot. That's all I have to say on the subject. Fucking. Idiot.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2006 November 20, 22:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She has a whole gaggle of lawyers, eh?  Dozens?  I'M UBER IMPRESSERATED LIEK OMG.

Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 November 20, 22:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HChangeri in her blog"
The only way I or any other creator can win is by not distributing content.

Quote from: "War Games (movie)"
This is a strange game. The only way to win is not to play.

Don't know about her design skills, but her theatrical skills are pretty good.

ETA: @Plum: my lawyers will beat your lawyers any time! Nyah nyah nya! Tongue  Tongue  Tongue

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 November 20, 22:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

War Games is a great movie...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: 2006 November 20, 22:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
War Games is a great movie...

QFT, in a sad sort of way.

jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 November 20, 22:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's worth it just to scream 'IN 1983?!?! THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!!' att the screen, and wonder how Matthew Broderick managed to become one of the most boring film stars in the entire world, once he grew up...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 November 20, 22:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Renatus"
She's 32 goddamned years old, here, she's more than old enough to figure out responses to a situation, weigh the pros and cons of those situations, and choose what she thinks is best. I can't imagine that this ISN'T what she's doing... so doing what she did was up to her.

This is one of the things that annoys me most about her. She's 32. She's considerably older than me, but still within age-range to be considered my peer, and she's constantly reacting like this, like a moody 14 year old. I'm actually a fairly mellow person, I forgive easily, I admit I'm in the wrong if I feel like I am, and aside from the occasional mood swing, I don't get angry very easily. I always put this down to getting older, maturing, I certainly wasn't like this when I was a teenager, and my friends are like me in this respect too.

The more I read HChangeri's posts, where she grudges, and whines, and complains, and trashtalks, forms her own conclusions without knowing the facts, and is generally a twat, and think to myself 'god, this is a 32 year old?' the more I realise that all it is, is she's a moron, and her blackhat husband and lawyer friends who seemingly have to put up with this crap all the time and presumably encourage her, are very much just as bad. Besides, she's giving me the urge to translate her thus:

Areyoucallinmestupid, though? Areyoudisprespectingme? Areyoudisrespectingmylawyerfriends?? Are you calling me a pikey? Are you calling my blackhat government hax0r poor? Are you calling my husand a wino? Are you calling my husband a wino though? My husband ain't even a wino. He ain't even a wino, though. Am I bovvered? Am I bovvered, though? Do I look bovvered? Am I bovvered, though, Look at my face, does it look bovvered, though? Look at my face. Look at my face. Look at my face, though.Does any part of it look bovvered? Am I bovvered? Ask me if I'm bovvered. Go on, ask me if I'm bovvered. Ask me. Ask me if I'm bovvered. Do you think I'm bovvered? Face. Bovvered. Look. Face. Bovvered. Look. Face. Bovvered? Look. Sims 2? Bovvered? I ain't bovvered.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 November 20, 23:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think HChangeri gets off on reading our reactions to her rants.  I already know she doesn't care about her stuff being shared, as long as it's done quietly.  Most of the smaller site creators who have a lot of free content don't really care in the end.  And they shouldn't, either.  They got donations for it that they might not ever have gotten, they got exposure for it that they might not ever have gotten.  In the end, it doesn't *really* hurt anyone - we're not wasting up her bandwidth and we're not claiming it's ours.  Hell, I imagine she was pretty proud of that Krispy Kreme set and she was forced to take it down.  So shouldn't she be happy that it's still out there and people still know about it?  I probably would be if it were me.

So as long as we continue to talk about her, she's happy.

And I'm always for making someone happy. Wink
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2006 November 20, 23:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup, you're such a sweetheart.  I'm sure her dozens of lawyer friends will cut you a break when they crash down upon us all in their mighty wave.

lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 November 21, 00:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe she'll be a little more relaxed after December 22nd.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
ChaosKitten
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 November 21, 01:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Plum"
BlueSoup, you're such a sweetheart.  I'm sure her dozens of lawyer friends will cut you a break when they crash down upon us all in their mighty wave.

Surfing on yellow legal pads, no less.

God, that's an awesome mental image.

ubscription to a pay site = $$$ a month
Bandwidth for your personal server = $$ a year
Pirate eyepatch = $ at your local Boxmart
Roasting smores on the flames of irrate internet drama whores = priceless
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 November 21, 01:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ChaosKitten"

I misread that as "mighty weave".

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 November 21, 01:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lemmiwinks"
Quote from: "ChaosKitten"

I misread that as "mighty weave".

Pssh. Lawyers ain't got no mighty weave.

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: