PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 13:25:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Paypal Robbery
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Paypal Robbery  (Read 7634 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Paypal Robbery
« on: 2007 January 17, 05:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here's the deal:

Anyone who sent payments to tokenhoarder@victoryismine.org should immediately file for a refund. I will attempt to issue any refund requests received so the money can be retried. If I can't, escalate the matter to a claim. Let's see how they like being pelted in 20-30 claims.

We will attempt to reroute the money to a different source.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Noodles
ARR!

View Profile
Paypal Robbery
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 17, 05:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please tell me they did not freeze your bank account.  Paypal is evil and my husband is terrified of using them for that exact reason.  *crosses fingers for Pescado and rest of community*

Sims Community:  You aren't wrong until it can be proven with screenshots and even then, you're not wrong, it's simply a ginormous conspiracy ...
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
Paypal Robbery
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 17, 05:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try ! Why they do that I can send my money to anyone I want to.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Paypal Robbery
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 17, 05:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Noodles"
Please tell me they did not freeze your bank account.  Paypal is evil and my husband is terrified of using them for that exact reason.  *crosses fingers for Pescado and rest of community*

This is sort of the reason I didn't give them a bank account. Apparently, Paypal is quite racist and did not approve of Malaysians getting more than $2000.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
Paypal Robbery
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 17, 05:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they should of still given the money to you or was the place it sent to the Malaysia acct. I had PMed about it.

Im in paypal anyone know ehere to file this? HELP section doesnt answer my question.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Paypal Robbery
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 17, 06:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the front page:

Scroll down to the bottom, and click on the "Security Center" link.

On the bottom right of that page, there's a link that says, "Open a dispute - item not received"

Then click "Report a problem"

Then click "Item dispute" (VERY IMPORTANT YOU DO NOT CLICK THE SECOND OPTION)

And continue with the instructions.

Make sure to type "Milton is a dumbass" in the comments Tongue
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Paypal Robbery
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 17, 06:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Keely"
A hitch I'm finding is that it refuses to let me item dispute it because it's not yet cleared.  It's showing it should clear tomorrow though.  Until then Paypay just wants to send me round and round in a circle.

If you can prevent it from clearing, do so.

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Paypal Robbery
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 17, 07:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is with paypal and fucking sites I like over?

Back when Hurricane Katrina hit, they set up a paypal fund over at SomethingAwful, and they raised so much money, Paypal basically froze the account and wasn't going to release the funds.  Unless they went to whatever charity that paypal was associated with (which of course, was a sucky one).  So Lowtax had to refund everyone their money back, and that's why you can't use paypal on SA anymore.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
Paypal Robbery
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 17, 08:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"

This is sort of the reason I didn't give them a bank account. Apparently, Paypal is quite racist and did not approve of Malaysians getting more than $2000.

Because all Malaysian bank accounts that receive over $20 from Europe/US belong to terrorists!!!!

I mean, Malaysians absolutely can not have anything that Europeans/Americans might want to pay for! And if they did, it would be a scam anyway.

Yay for imperialism!

Note: I was being sarcastic.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Paypal Robbery
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 17, 08:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"
Because all Malaysian bank accounts that receive over $20 from Europe/US belong to terrorists!!!!

I mean, Malaysians absolutely can not have anything that Europeans/Americans might want to pay for! And if they did, it would be a scam anyway.

The way Paypal is behaving, that is probably not such a sarcastic response on their end.

Scurv-aceous
Landlubber

View Profile
Paypal Robbery
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 17, 10:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the tokenhoarder@victoryismine.org the credit card one?  Just need to know so that I know whether or not to do something about my donation.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Paypal Robbery
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 17, 13:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you filed your donation after 01/14, you are fine....for now. We retain about 1.1K of those funds. If you filed on or before 01/14, AND have been contacted by the Super-Deformed Bobblehead via a Juno email, you should immediately file a complaint with your credit card company.

BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Paypal Robbery
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 17, 14:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only people who actually got an email from me should file.  The others that Pescado should think file are the ones whose payments got transferred from the credit card account to this account, but just because their money got transferred is no reason that they should be filing.  They don't let you bounce accounts to get your money back.

So only people who got an email from me should file.
m_firestorm
Landlubber

View Profile
Paypal Robbery
« Reply #13 on: 2007 January 17, 16:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grah! My payment won't clear till the 23rd, so I can't do anything till then. Unless I take all the money out of my bank account... but I don't want to be doing that.
Those paypal bastards really piss me off...
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Paypal Robbery
« Reply #14 on: 2007 January 17, 17:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a bit grim.  Poor old Jack Woods after we sent money to a paypal account for him they wouldn't let him have it cos he didn't have a home.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: