PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 01:16:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.  (Read 80689 times)
WorshipForever
Landlubber

View Profile
The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
« Reply #240 on: 2007 September 16, 17:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, there is a site where many SMB members have retreated to...

http://sims2world.freeforums.org/index.php

Most of us can be found there.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: 2007 September 16, 18:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
Would you be our therapist, after this were gonna need group therapy. I see people named Jan everywhere. hehe

This, I cannot help with.  You may *in fact* be seeing Jan(s) everywhere.  They can shapeshift, and form new identities - calling themselves all kinds of names - they can even switch genders.  At any one time, they can simultaneously be the guvmint, their own husband, a complete unrelated forum master, your best friend and your worst enemy all rolled into one.  They expect total loyalty from their victims (like a really, really controlling vampire) and will shapeshift into others to test said loyalty.  

But I have a stopgap.  Here, I've made the first weapon in the Victims of Jan(s) arsenal:

Directions:
Pour on/in said Jan to shut that crazy mouth.

Keep this with you people (and your foil hats - made by Duckie-Hec-Jojoba Milliners) for the Jans could be anywhere....except they're not me.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
WorshipForever
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2007 September 16, 18:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And how does that make you feel?
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: 2007 September 16, 19:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"

But I have a stopgap.  Here, I've made the first weapon in the Victims of Jan(s) arsenal:

<insert funny azz pic here>

Directions:

Keep this with you people (and your foil hats - made by Duckie-Hec-Jojoba Milliners) for the Jans could be anywhere....except they're not me.

Cala, I am in lurve. LMAO

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: 2007 September 16, 19:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2007 September 16, 22:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Would you be our therapist, after this were gonna need group therapy. I see people named Jan everywhere. hehe

This, I cannot help with.  You may *in fact* be seeing Jan(s) everywhere.  They can shapeshift, and form new identities - calling themselves all kinds of names - they can even switch genders.  At any one time, they can simultaneously be the guvmint, their own husband, a complete unrelated forum master, your best friend and your worst enemy all rolled into one.  They expect total loyalty from their victims (like a really, really controlling vampire) and will shapeshift into others to test said loyalty.  

Directions:

Now we need a Sim priest to preform the exorcism, if this doesn't work. We may need more help than just the holy water.

PS Does throwing holy water if you get any on you do damage if your a Vamp? Wink Ooo does it work on Zombies?

ETA:

Quote from: "ShanOw"
I guess your right, Can you send me any files the graveyard doesn't have and Ill send them on. BUT, I may add some objects to my houses and upload them to my sight, Katy wont care (who cares if she does)

I'd just zip and send them whatever you have.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2007 September 16, 22:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PS Does throwing holy water if you get any on you do damage if your a Vamp? Wink

Yes. It hurts all kinds of soulless creatures, vamps, demons, etc.

Ooo does it work on Zombies?

Nope. Since Zombies are just dead people, no demons inside, holy water does not work on them. For the same reason it does not work on werewolves either, since they are just cursed/infected humans.

Then again, according to D&D first edition rules, holy water works on all undead, including zombies.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: 2007 September 16, 23:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do hope that some of you SMB refugees will check out the rest of the site...we have lots of information and lots of connections throughout the sims community (many well-known creators are here, including the famous Nouk)...and we're fighting a good fight.

Meanwhile...MAJOR LULZ at the Victims of Jans support group. Your slogan should be "Friends don't let friends create for Jan."

Just sayin'.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
taralynns
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2007 September 17, 00:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know how names of major hurricanes that cause a lot of death/destruction are retired - never to be used again to name another hurricane?  Perhaps the Sims community should officially retire the user name of Jan.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: 2007 September 17, 00:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works for me!

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 2007 September 17, 01:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, that's funny!

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Petunia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2007 September 17, 01:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "taralynns"
You know how names of major hurricanes that cause a lot of death/destruction are retired - never to be used again to name another hurricane?  Perhaps the Sims community should officially retire the user name of Jan.

:lol: True.  But wouldn't we also have to retire Bev/Charlotte/Sally/and every other name she uses?

f a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2007 September 17, 04:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hecubus,  your ability to always find the perfect Macro for any post always amazes me.  :lol: (especially since I have no ability or knowledge to even attempt to attach an avatar much less understand how to insert a macro) :lol:

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Chienne
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2007 September 18, 16:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "feeEssen"
I often get insulting Posts from usern because I speak so badly english.

This is really stupid and unfair, since most of the people who insult you probably do not speak German.

If you want to send me your words before you post your creations on MTS2, I can change them into better English for you.  I don't speak enough deutsch to do this directly from the German, but if you send me what the translator gives you, I can polish it up and make it sound better.

I don't think that you should have to do this, but if I were posting in a German forum, I'd want someone to help me!

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to you and Smithy and Beck and all the others.  My only contacts with Katy were positive ones, but the site felt phony to me, and I only went there for downloads, not for talking.  I don't know what it's like now, but when I joined (a month after SMB opened), if someone rated any creation lower than 5 stars, the rater's reputation was lowered.  I've given lots of praise on SMB, MTS2, Insim, and elsewhere, and I love to tell creators how much I like their work.  But to have that be *forced* felt totally wrong to me.  I'm not surprised that everything on SMB wasn't as sweet as it seemed, but I am astonished to hear that the owners of the site were THAT mentally ill.

I hope you recover from your bad experiences.

If you'd like to talk with me about my offer to translate, you can send me a PM.

Good luck.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2007 September 18, 20:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hecubus FTW!

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: