PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 09:58:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Umm...A rant. Sorry.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Umm...A rant. Sorry.  (Read 29202 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Re: Umm...A rant. Sorry.
« Reply #75 on: 2008 May 26, 21:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Zip vs. Rar thing is really, really moot compared to the difference that makes.

Well, since i am not an expert on this, i got it from this 100% freesite. I am sure they also use a compressorizor before they make it into a .rar file.
http://www.downtown-sims.com - I saw in their FAQ they didn't want to use zip-files, someone asked them why they didn't.
Tell the owners their argument is Moot. (for some or another reason i dislike that word - *moot*).

Your argument is moot! Your argument is moot! MOOOOOOT MOOOOT MOOOOOOOT *runs away*

Inactive
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 May 26, 21:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason I imagine you saying "MOOOOT MOOOOOOT!" like a train and then shuffling away with a line of carriages behind you.

I think I need help.

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 May 26, 21:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great. Now I can't keep Thomas the Tank Engine out of my mind  ... thanks a LOT! Smiley Smiley

I need rum. Lots of rum.
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 May 26, 22:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't haff to hide for me  Wink I know you're not evil. >Smiley Or, i am not 100% sure of course.
MOOOTs back!  >>|:(

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 May 26, 23:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason I imagine you saying "MOOOOT MOOOOOOT!" like a train and then shuffling away with a line of carriages behind you.

I think I need help.
ROTFL

Inactive
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2008 May 27, 03:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My god! I am a moron. All this time I've been compressorizing the files I play with - it never occurred to me to do the same with the ones I upload!
DOH!

Looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of reposting tomorrow. Undecided
z

celligirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 May 27, 04:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohmigosh! I never even knew the Compressorizer existed! Holy cow! My Downloads folder was approaching 3GB. After reading about this program, I decided to go through and purge stuff I don't use and compress everything that I wanted to keep. Now my DL folder is...357MB. Zowie. Now I feel like I need to go download MOAR STUFFZ!  Grin

Also, at some point in time I will have a Sims site. I make lots, mostly, though I'm taking baby steps into recoloring stuff. Mostly paintings, at the moment. But when I get that going. Oh, yeah. Compressorizer is my new best friend. I'm just sorry it only works on Sims files. Smiley

On another note...I had a 13MB bed in my dl folder. 13MB. For a bed. The hell? And I've never used it. Must've been one of those that looked good in the preview pic but crappy in the game. I can't even figure out how one can manage to make a 13MB bed. All the rest of the beds were around 200KB before compression, but that one? Weeeeeird. I also had something of Buntah's in my downloads. A massively ugly clock. Kill me now. Must've come with a lot I downloaded or something because I would not have downloaded that thing of my own volition... Grin

A string quartet: A good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and a person who hates violins.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 May 27, 05:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, Celligirl. Your downloads have been polluted by the vile Buntah? Put your feet up and let me dab your brow. And, for god's sake, somebody make this woman some tea...with valium, preferably. It's going to be a looong recovery... Wink

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2008 May 27, 08:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A 13 MB bed?!  Shocked That has got to be a record. Where did you get that from?

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 May 27, 08:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LoL  Cheesy I wonder what that bed is made of Smiley

Btw. I really like your site Moune Wink

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
celligirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 May 27, 15:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, when I first saw the file size on the thing, I figured that it had to be a whole bedroom set. But I checked it out by going to it in the game and nope, it was just a bed. It didn't look like anything special -- Looked rather crappy, actually -- but it's a ginormous file. The other pieces of the set were scattered around in various subfolders in my downloads folder. I'll have to see if I can backtrack and  figure out where I got it. When I first discovered the wonders of CC, I...er, wasn't very organized, I'm afraid. *laughs* It was just called "Bed Brown," so that's not very helpful. Smiley

And thanks, GC. I feel much better now. Smiley As for the Buntah thing...It's gone. I killed it...WITH FIRE! Smiley But the fire didn't work! so I had to take an axe to it, too. Smiley Seriously, I don't know why someone felt compelled to put that thing in whatever lot I got it from. It was severely uuuuuuuuuuuugly. But I guess there's no accounting for taste.

A string quartet: A good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and a person who hates violins.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2008 May 27, 16:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Celli, use Clean Installer to go through your downloads folders and suss it out.  I would love to look at its guts and see if it's got, oh, the Pentagon Papers imbedded, or maybe the first season of Pinky and the Brain in it.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2008 May 27, 20:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, Hec....are you thinking what I'm thinking??
But where will we get rubber boots that large? Cheesy

*one is a genius, the other insane...*

Now I'll have that stuck in my head all day....*snort*

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2008 May 27, 20:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

think so, Brain but isn’t Regis Philbin already married?

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
celligirl
ARR!

View Profile
Behold the 13MB bed!
« Reply #89 on: 2008 May 28, 00:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, so I did a little poking at the 13MB bed. According to the item description, it came from www.simy.pl. So, I conclude that I must've gotten it from a lot I downloaded. That site's in Polish, and I couldn't find where to go to download files because I no can reads teh Polish.

Anyway, here's a pic:

I can't see any reason why the file size would be so big. There's some detail on the wood's texture and the bedding's texture, but nothing extreme. Could it have custom animations, maybe? Sounds? I've never used the thing in the game, so I don't know.

(Incidentally, this is the first in-game screenshot I've ever taken. I'm such a n00b. Smiley )

And in case anyone's curious about the file and knows how to poke at the code or something, I uploaded it to my SkyDrive. I think this link might work: http://cid-902121e9db8caf22.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/stuffz/13MBbed.zip. I'm not sure that it'll work, though, since I've only ever used the SkyDrive to store stuff for my own nefarious purposes, not share stuff.

Anyway, there you go. I'd love know why the heck that file is so darn big. It's actually almost 14MB...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: