PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 14:09:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The Sims2-community are a bunch of nutters!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Are we all a bunch of nutters?  (Voting closed: 2006 December 30, 00:13:51)
Yes. You need a screw loose to be a part of an online game community anyway. - 33 (20.9%)
Yes, but not all of us. The nutters just stand out more! - 37 (23.4%)
No, maybe we're just more extravagant and different. Not nuts! - 6 (3.8%)
No, not at all. - 2 (1.3%)
I TOLD YOU NOT TO PUT MY HAIR ON FAT SIMS DAMNIT! - 80 (50.6%)
Total Voters: 122

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims2-community are a bunch of nutters!  (Read 44148 times)
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
The Sims2-community are a bunch of nutters!
« Reply #30 on: 2006 December 30, 16:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
I love your hair!!!  ... We promise not to stalk you or use your hair in disgraceful ways(maybe we will be good and try not to cross gender them)  Cool  :lol:

Hehe, well, thank you.  I make and share it out of the love of creating, and a deep masochism that makes me spend huge amounts of time making pixel dollie hair from scratch.

I've had plans to cross-gender them for a while, it's just a matter of finding time and stuff - but I certainly would be open to someone who knows how asking permission to do so, and releasing them free with credit to a reputable site like MTS2, if I don't get there first.  I may be a little "Nyarr, terms of use!" on my uploads but I'm pretty open to just about anything with permission, credit, and a link.  Smiley
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 December 30, 16:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly does the process of gender converting hair involve? Does the mesh actually need to be reworked, or is this a simple matter of a propertyset bitflip?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
ScreamMyName
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 December 30, 17:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it is just satisfaction: I can convert a hair mesh and you cant.

never heard of it?

I do actually like the idea of this converting...
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 December 30, 17:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you have to reshape the mesh to get it to look nice on a different gender. Sometimes when the hair is covering alot of the forehead and the sides, and you don't see the gap between the head and the hair you can be lazy and keep it like that. But hair where the hairline is visible, you'll need to reshape it to fit.

Inactive
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 December 30, 18:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Male/female toddlers and male/female children can share hair - they use the same head and skeleton and all.  No real conversion required besides linking the mesh to a recolour package and putting in the right textures.  It could be gender-flipped with settings pretty easily that way too if you wanted to just do those - technically there are female versions of my New Roman and Cherub hairs for toddler and child already, then, just with a bit of setting changes... But I'd ultimately like to have a full package that works right for all ages for females for them too, and one day I'll either get off my butt and do so, or find someone willing to do it right that I trust to not screw it up.  Just doing the gender-flip setting change for younger ages would work, if you removed the older ages, but then they wouldn't really age gracefully.  I'll remove younger ages if they're irrelevant but kid stuff with adult ages removed bugs me.

I'd certainly be willing to help if someone wanted to put a few brain cells toward it, or if people want to pester me more to do them myself, it'd probably help and I'd do them quicker.  I'm slow, but when I do it eventually, I want it done right.  Smiley

Male/female teen won't fit each other, nor will male/female adult/young adult/elder so those have to be reworked.  Not too hard a process depending on the hair, but the hairline's a lot squarer on males than females, so it takes some fiddling with there.

I usually retain the base scalp for everything so I just have to rework whatever layers on top to roughly fit around the hairline.  Works one heck of a lot better than trying to refit the whole thing.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 December 30, 23:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My playing has reduced dramatically since finding the Rose drama thread on MATY and eventually this site. There's no way the game can match this for excitement and no I don't have a life. When my sister leaves tomorrow after her Chrissy visit I'll play for a bit but I'll make sure I read this site first, especially the Carla Niven thread just in case BlueSoup has decided to spill the beans.
I love the drama, I just wish I knew someone who cared enough to listen to me get excited about it all. I'm definitely a lurker by nature but sometimes I just have to respond.
Someone wondered if Openhousejack's publicised antics are real, who cares if it's all made up anyway, we play the sims, it's not like we're into real life in large doses. I would probably feel differently if I was on the other side of the paysite drama so thank goodness I can point and laugh instead.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 December 30, 23:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am nuts, no doubt about it. My shrink wants me to stop saying that though.

Seriously, yeah, this community is absolutely full of nutters, and to the "outside world" we are unbelievably insane. I think the so called "community culture" has evolved to be this way as small quirks were accepted or even embraced, and then the whole mess just ran away with itself. These bizzare ReadMe and TOS rituals clearly show that process, as they go from rather routine to utterly outlandish and just plain weird.

I try to keep a balance though, as a creator at least. I mean, its hard not to get a little pissed off when you see something you've made bastardized or used on something ugly, but I have learned to shrug it off and let it go. It's much easier than running after everyone who uses my hair on fat sims anyway Tongue (though technically, I don't make the meshes so it's not really MY hair anyway, you know?)

People do what they want, no matter what you say, so might as well just let em have at it. Or not upload. Though I suspect that a good deal of people love playing the drama-queen-sims-creator game, so I'll let them do that too. I just refuse to stroke bruised egos anymore. I save the drama for the fight over whether pixelized dolly clothes are worth real monies. Thats what's really important!

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
toomanyguppys
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 December 31, 06:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since TSR is already poised to move into the Spore business, (http://sporeresource.com/ for those that haven't seen it) I wonder if the Spore community is going to be as umm..interesting.. as the Sims and Sims 2 communities have been.

on't play leapfrog with unicorns
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 December 31, 07:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you toomany I didnt know about spore, go here its awesome. I signed up for  emails etc.

http://www.spore.com/screenshots.php?movieID=4&play=hi

Lots of video there, pretty awesome.

I think Im getting game when it comes out looks a lot of fun. When sims is boring play spore, viceversa. LOL. I wont join any pay sites for Spore.
It looks like its near realeasal or has been I cant find it on Amazon probably come out soon hopefully.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2006 December 31, 07:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what do I think?

Nouk and HysPar, I love, love , love your stuff. Smiley

That is all. I will withhold comment on, er, other things, for I am insane, too.

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 December 31, 13:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "toomanyguppys"
Since TSR is already poised to move into the Spore business, (http://sporeresource.com/ for those that haven't seen it) I wonder if the Spore community is going to be as umm..interesting.. as the Sims and Sims 2 communities have been.

I think TSR doesn't know what it's getting itself into. Lots of normal gamers (if there is such a thing) who wouldn't touch The Sims with a 10-foot pole are very interested in Spore.

Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 December 31, 13:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomas must be seriously out of touch with the community if he thinks he can pull a paysite scam out of Spore. LOL. That would be one whipping I'd give money to watch!
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 December 31, 15:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I was reading and listening to Will wright, I don't think he's going to permit spore profiteers outside EA, unless specially liscensed. They have special things they built into spore too, surveys players likes and dislikes.
I think he's going after Hollywood this time, he dropped little inuendos Cool .

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
sluggo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 December 31, 15:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
Well I was reading and listening to Will wright, I don't think he's going to permit spore profiteers .

Heh... Spore Profiteering...
graniaomalley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 December 31, 16:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been lusting after Spore for quite awhile now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: