PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 04:54:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TREZILLAH!!! How could you do this to me???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TREZILLAH!!! How could you do this to me???  (Read 27518 times)
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
TREZILLAH!!! How could you do this to me???
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 12, 15:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think someone debunked the H&M corporation tie-in rumour by clarifying that H & M stood for Hair & Makeup.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 12, 15:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And a total hair & makeup SP wouldn't be wanted because? Goddess knows their styles suck but they textures are quite good, and the animation's good too! It would make people completely forget buying custom hair if they did.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Pyromaniac
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 12, 16:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
And a total hair & makeup SP wouldn't be wanted because? Goddess knows their styles suck but they textures are quite good, and the animation's good too! It would make people completely forget buying custom hair if they did.

Have you even taken one look at the Seasons Hairstyles?

Not exactly custom-hair-boycotting material, I assure you.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 12, 17:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, they're hideous!!! I ran away from them in horror!!

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Pyromaniac
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 13, 04:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, they're hideous!!! I ran away from them in horror!!

What pissed me off was how Maxis misled me to believe they would actually look half-decent. I was looking forward to these hairstyles after I caught a glimpse of them in the pre-Seasons video.  Tongue Just naturally gullible, I suppose.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 13, 14:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused...where did someone say a total hair and makeup SP wouldn't be welcome?

I think people would be more likely to buy that than an H&M store SP.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 13, 14:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BLASPHEMY!!!!  :shock:  You dare to besmirch the SACRED H&M! Of course everyone would run off to buy it  :roll:

Although I must say I'm a bit of an H&M whore  :oops: I just love that store Tongue  but not for simmies....we got great stuff in the community for that.

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
vii
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 14, 01:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys, just to let you know to please take it cool with tre's site, so far, the best car to date ( at least in detail) has been released by Tre and has been released for free.
And Tre has so far used the donation money for a  better processor for server, so things runs smoother.

Vii. (from s2cs.net)
P.S: Tre hates paysites .
P.S 2: The car I am talking about, is the phantom, which you should get it btw, owns all. Tongue

Feel free to flame me Tongue, but not the s2cs Smiley
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 14, 05:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the point is, if you need donations, ask but keep it voluntary, not keep content hostage
once you start keeping content hostage, your site becomes a pay site (and is going against the EULA) and it makes you a hypocrite to say you hate pay sites but you're doing the same thing they are (even if it is on a much smaller scale)
If you want to send a gift to a donator thats fine, just dont tell them ahead of time to give them incentive to give you the money in the first place
if someone thinks your site is worth a donation you'll get it

is he really getting that much traffic that he needs a server? according to his forum stats the most he has had online in one day is 75 people (not online at the same time, just in one day). And that is since he started the forum--which is where all of his downloads are.
I can't imagine that he is actually having problems with bandwidth/traffic, but he may be having problems paying for hosting if he chose an expensive host (and/or a small hosting package)
If his hosting is too expensive, its his own fault and his problem for not finding (and switching to) better cheaper hosting, especially with all the other site owners sharing their finds for great cheap hosting (sites like FFSS and MSS have links/descriptions of webhosts I believe)
hes already gotten more donations this month than most sites get all year and yet they manage to stay afloat (and working fine)  :roll:
I'm guessing all these people donating to him are either people who know nothing about web hosting choices, or they really wanted whatever he has in his donation area.
vii
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 14, 21:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you want some stats, average opular thread views in the first 2-3 days, if popular thread, let's say, Jared's Estate, which is not even a car download rather a lot, has about 800 views.

Also like I said, the donations used for better processor were even for making even a better processor, for just in case, I didn't say the current one wasn't able to handle that. In anything, there is always room for improvement.

If you want to send a gift to a donator thats fine, just dont tell them ahead of time to give them incentive to give you the money in the first place

Maybe that's how you may think, but if you know Tre, you know that's not his point, donate for specials objects. It's hard to explain on someway, but consider like if he is saying it in a personal way Tongue .
Well, again, it's your opinion.
Just you shouldn't be so judgemental of people.

Vii
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 14, 22:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If we're going to hate paysites, we have to hate all of them.  Even ones with otherwise nice, supportive owners.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Pyromaniac
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 15, 01:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Doursim"
If we're going to hate paysites, we have to hate all of them.  Even ones with otherwise nice, supportive owners.

Precisely. A pleasant personality doesn't necessarily mean you have a right to do whatever you please.
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 15, 02:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

vii apparently you dont understand what i was saying or you dont understand webhosting.
In order for there to be stress on the server or overusage of bandwidth, etc (that would cause his host to tell him to upgrade his package or to pay for a server) there would have to be alot of people on simultaneously trying to download files.
I think he's trying to imply he is paying for a server (why else would you be talking about "processors" unless you are using the wrong word?) instead of using shared webhosting, and just based on his visible stats, it doesnt seem like a server is necessary. If his webhost forced him to upgrade to a server, he should have looked elsewhere instead of doing what they said.
If he is on shared webhosting and has a small limited amount of bandwidth per month, that is his fault and his problem for not finding a better hosting provider with larger hosting packages available. It shouldnt be that fucking difficult considering how many other site owners here, at MSS, at FFSS, and so many other sims sites have compared their webhosting and shown others where they can get good deals on packages with alot of bandwidth or even unmetered plus tons of webspace. And there's always google.
It is completely unnecessary for all those donations in one month unless a) they are all less than $5 each or b) he is saving up to move to another host and pay for a yearly plan in advance. A seems probable but he hasnt said anything to make it sound like hes looking into a better cheaper host and doing a donation drive to help move, which means B is unlikely.
I am no expert on webhosting either, but I know that I use about the same amount of bandwidth that he does steadily per month and have the same amount of visitors and I am no where near needing a server.
As Dour and Pyro said--It doesnt matter if hes kissing everyones ass while hes asking for donations or if he is a complete jerk--he is holding content hostage for ransom, this makes his site a paysite.
Did he send you guys over here to defend him? Because you only registered to post on this thread and you both registered on the same day, as if someone tipped you off to the thread lol
vii
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 15, 03:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Site, was down for 7 days exactly because of site using too many resources, so he had to switch to different host, diff plans and all.
Did he send you guys over here to defend him? Because you only registered to post on this thread and you both registered on the same day, as if someone tipped you off to the thread lol

geez, you were joking when making this comment right?
Because
A. There is no topic about this on the board that I am aware of talking about this or asking people to defend site.
B. Tre didn't even want me to come here, let alone, he didn't want me to start a flaming or anything.
Btw, checking the forum statics by the means it provides, is no way to calculate traffic to site.
Also, not trying to make this as a flame thing, but, your site has about 1,700 users, S2CS has about more than 20,000 users.

I am also into the idea, that whatever I say, won't proof you wrong, because, well you are deep into your ideology.
FYI, I am no Einstein when it comes to webhosting, but I am well above the average user regarding webhosting.

Also, stat from the board.

Average registrations per day:    132.02
Average page views per day:     13848.47

Now, I don't care if your stats are better or worst than that.
But trust me, 13848.47 views per day, plus downloads, is quiet a bit of load on a server.

get good deals on packages with alot of bandwidth

So popular packages, called over selling. While some good, still, bandwidth doesn't cover server load. And when overselled, chances are they will cut your service for any little thing.

even unmetered plus tons of webspace

See above messege, just overselling even more, and even riskier than other alternatives.

Vii.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 15, 03:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vii, you're missing the point.  The point is, this whole forum is anti-paysite.  If someone is holding content in exhange for money, that makes them a paysite *by our definition*.  We are going to be especially disappointed if someone claims to be anti-paysite and then turns around and does those things.  

Asking us to be nice and not care because he's a nice guy, or because he needs money for bandwidth or whatever is fucking pointless.  That is the same tired tune that is sung all the time... the same tune that started this anti-paysite movement to begin with.

If we are going to hate paysites, we have to hate them all.  We can't excuse one and denounce another.  It doesn't work like that.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: