PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 14:52:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!  (Read 120081 times)
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
Re: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
« Reply #30 on: 2008 June 12, 12:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If EA shut down all fansites, the game will surely sink deep deep into the nothing abyss. EA proves time and time again, they don't know what we fucking want. Their pay by item content... I predict, willl be full of the same bland uniformity of their last stuff pack. So, shut down fansites and expect people to run to you, wallets open with your boring creativity? GOOD LUCK.
WE know what we want. We are the community that pay their bills. If they think a housewife who loves to relax after a hard day full of chores and kids, is going to spend her husbands/or her own money each day for fucking PIXELS? We have to make a living! We pay for the game already, and fans fix up their spaghetti code and they make the game better (and in some cases playable) and...they turn around and do this?
The greed is disgusting!

ack! *sips rum delicatedly*

Actually, they haven't done it already, no need to get knickers in a twist, it's just that I get annoyed not because they don't deserve to make money, but because they want to take away the fans creativity. That just sucks.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 June 12, 12:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are expecting people to AND spend money on the game, AND spend money on custom content for it. This is allready happening with paysites and stuff packs, they allready know people are foolish enough. They would be utterly stupid not to make money off of this community that just accepts it all. It's easy enough to ignore those who don't.
Unlike second life, where the base software is free, they will make money 2 times over. Maybe three times, if they charge a fee for people being able to upload and sell their creations.
As people are allready used to paying to sites like TSR, EA will make use of these sites because they have well known names and will lure people over more easily. TSR has an x amount of members and EA will want in on them as well. It's what they tried with Sims Online.
They could very easily forbid custom content outside of their little alliance. It's their copyright. And what better way to hush up the critics, if they are no longer able to give the downloader a good alternative?

Inactive
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 June 12, 13:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, link posted at N99 and you're hoping that intelligent people took the survey?

Not terribly likely. Angry

I didn't like Second Life very much.  But someone will create an alternative to the Sims if EA insists on shooting itself in the foot.  Again.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2008 June 12, 14:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, link posted at N99 and you're hoping that intelligent people took the survey?

Not terribly likely. Angry

Ah, DoW, you totally took the words right out of my mouth...
This is insane. Ea has noticed how many people are paying sibs at paysites and are getting antsy for their own to open? Pfft.
Arr it all, I say.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 June 12, 15:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh this is really disgusting. EA's new motto is indeed "We want your monnie!!!11!" Angry
I've been arring since securom was used and that 'news' doesn't help their already shitty image. Sims Online remade for Sims 2, yuck. *grumbles*

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 June 12, 16:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the real reason they never made any statement against paysites or took action to shut them down becomes clear to all.....(this is what I have believed would happen eventually since the Stuff Packs were released) I figured it was only a matter of time before EAxis opened their own paysite & charged per download.  Angry

Doesn't matter to me in the least however, EAxis has not gotten a dime from me since BV & SecuROM nor will they ever again.  Grin

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 June 12, 16:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if the only reason they mentioned Pars. was because Maxoid MoonBelly used to upload her creations there.. it's like free fan sites do not exist to EA.  It's the weirdest thing.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Jelenedra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 June 12, 16:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just saying to my husband the other day that the whole SecuROM thing has ruined Spore for me. Then I commented that I doubt I'll be getting The Sims 3 either. It's too much hassle to prevent them from installing malware on my PC. I'd rather stick to a console games, because when I take out the disc from the drive, I know there's nothing left behind in the console.

The problem with eating and driving, which I love to do, is not being able to employ the 10-2 hand position on the wheel. It's a matter of public safety. But there's always a sacrifice.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 June 12, 16:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if the only reason they mentioned Pars. was because Maxoid MoonBelly used to upload her creations there.. it's like free fan sites do not exist to EA.  It's the weirdest thing.

That's what I figured. I like Parsimonous fine, but it's a small site when compared to MTS2 or WNF. I answered that I had never heard of Peggy or TSR  Kiss

I only hope they leave Sims 2 alone. Hopefully there will be a way to play AL safely, I really do like the looks of that EP. They can continue to fuck up Sims 3 and Spore all they like, squeezing ever more money out of deluded fans.  Roll Eyes
ADCO_Tae
ARR!

Civil official from TH & Banned ex-FA of TSR

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 June 12, 16:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I posted about this at my site, another mod just post that he think that

EA might choose some paysites to register as sister sites and that will make those sites able to legally charge for CC because technically as sister sites, their CC are Maxis's. But in order for those paysites to become legal they need to pay EA part of their income.

it is not likely to happen, but
What will we do if EA really do that happen ?

Ps. I also post a thread about this on EA TH's sim forum named
EA plans on making paysite that charge per item.
http://www.ea.co.th/th-th/community/messageboards/game/sims2/thread/158442/

I changed a lot from a stupid teen working for TSR to a civil official ( Position : Assistant District Chief Officer ) working for my country.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 June 12, 18:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

guys, there's always the option of walking away and refusing to pay them a cent..
Or starting up the next MTS for the community. I doubt they'll write the Sims3 EULA in such a way that sharing your own creations for no charge is against it.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 June 12, 18:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just saying to my husband the other day that the whole SecuROM thing has ruined Spore for me. Then I commented that I doubt I'll be getting The Sims 3 either. It's too much hassle to prevent them from installing malware on my PC. I'd rather stick to a console games, because when I take out the disc from the drive, I know there's nothing left behind in the console.

Well, I've been reading that EA Games is going to be using SecuROM on all of its game titles, PC and console alike, so if you play them on the Play Station 3, which has a hard drive, you may well be borking that up being as it is a hybrid between a console and a computer from what I understand. These bastards are worse than Pinky and the Brain when it comes to trying to take over things, wouldn't you say? EA Games: You thought Orwell was joking?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 June 12, 19:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is really EA games behind this survey?

I don't get it, why they mention TSR, Peggy and HolySimoly as FANSITES?? This is a worldwide known game, but
not everyone know about such sites at all, but they do now after reading this survey. I know many younger gamers who don't like english
prefer their own fansites in their own language, and don't look around for paystuff. Btw. many creates their own CC, or other free creators do.

EA games can't cooperate with these paysites anyway, cause of the copyrights.  I can't imagine EA are taking the tools away from
the gamers to open their own online store. Then they had to have a big team with designers,  contracts with Ikea (they already have, and H&M), and
italian companies, american, french whatever.

Not impossible, but a lot of work. Here is what EA games must do to get an online store. They just demand all paysites to shut the f*** down,
and then they open their own online store. And let the free creators keep on like before. That would be a good solution.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 June 12, 20:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is really EA games behind this survey?

Yes, it was linked from the main site. It was definitely an EA survey.

Here is what EA games must do to get an online store. They just demand all paysites to shut the f*** down, and then they open their own online store. And let the free creators keep on like before. That would be a good solution.

That would make the most sense which probably means they'll do something else.  Roll Eyes
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 June 12, 22:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing that morally corrupt corporation does can surprise me anymore. If it's discovered that they've been performing lab experiments on lil' orphan babies...not surprising. If we find out that Hitler's disembodied head has been running things all along...well, that explains things. Satanic rituals, slave trading, lizard people from Neptune..well of course, it's EA!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: