PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 01:54:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free site threating to go pay...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free site threating to go pay...  (Read 27789 times)
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
Re: Free site threating to go pay...
« Reply #15 on: 2008 May 02, 14:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'm bothered by the way that the only hair that she's crediting is that one pay hair, and then one hair at xm sims.  I mean, hello? Where is your content list for everyone else's mesh? 

Edit cause Elfen Lied said the same thing.. so DITTO!

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 May 02, 15:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need eye bleach after seeing that website.  Shocked
susim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 02, 16:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She spells like Jan. 
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 May 02, 16:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I think she (he?) has some stuff posted on MTS2. I'm pretty sure I followed a link to that website just the other day, actually. Their argument about needing the money or going pay is pretty weak, seeing as how they obviously are already aware of the fact that they can post their downloads at MTS2 for free.

Have you got a link to her MTS2 profile? Think its best to contact her at MTS2 or her site..seems she's either not very knowledgeable of hosting and how to maintain her site, or shes spinning a web - so contacting will help decipher that and can offer her advice on staying free(and thus we have no new paysite!) Smiley

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 May 02, 16:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh lord, I missed it before.. they were silly enough to try to do something with the mermaid mesh.. *rolls eyes* That must have been the twelvish content you guys mentioned.
Uh, no. Everything is the twelvish content. There's also dead links a-go-go and women's clothing listed in the men's section. This is bad. It makes my first website, in the dark days of the 'net when I thought that buttons made in Paint and blown up to 300x300 were classy look good.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 02, 22:09:09 by kariminger » Logged

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 May 02, 20:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did download one item, then immediately got rid of it. The picture was rather misleading. The item looked OK, I guess, if you like that sort of look.

I'm just hoping this isn't the start of a new trend ... free sites wanting donations for any content at all, crappy or otherwise, on their sites, or they start threatening to go pay. This can be almost as annoying as pay sites. Sigh. If an owner of a free site that has plenty of quality downloads and updates regularly truly himself or herself in financial trouble and sincerely asks for a few dollars to keep it going (e.g. Insimenator), that is NOT the same as "Lookee here! I have some downloads on my site! Gimme money or I'll go pay/go away!" That is pretentious/annoying/juvenile ... oh, stick your own adjective in there!

It would be amusing to see just how much money Sweetsims hopes to make by going pay. I'm sure it will be buckets and buckets. Oh, yes, and that statement, "Still a True pirate not shareing for free.... Not sharing with cheepskates that can't earn their way in this world" makes me just want to open my wallet up and shell out cash! I guess I'd better Google this "true pirate" thing.

For this ... person's ... information, people do contribute to free sites and usually don't mind that others benefit from the content, whether the downloaders are "cheapskates" or not. They are happy to keep the site open and that all are able to share in the goodies. But here is the catch ... the site has to have good content and update frequently, and it has to have an owner who doesn't have a crappy attitude and isn't greedy. I guess the Sweetsims owner kind of missed some of that last part.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 02, 20:18:56 by silver » Logged
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 May 02, 20:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silver it can be a little tough out there at times even if you do work very hard on your content and your site, take it from experience.. I do agree on their attitude though, it's not likely to make anyone want to donate to them.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 May 02, 21:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silver it can be a little tough out there at times even if you do work very hard on your content and your site, take it from experience.. I do agree on their attitude though, it's not likely to make anyone want to donate to them.

True, that, concerning quality free sites. And harsh economic times are probably not helping donations any. I guess I was more irked at the whole concept of "If you don't pony up money, I'm going pay" attitude and the implication that we pirates are cheapskates, and I made too broad a statement. Or by "cheapskates", did she/he mean downloaders who didn't donate money to free sites? I have to re-read that statement again.
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 May 02, 21:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I think she (he?) has some stuff posted on MTS2. I'm pretty sure I followed a link to that website just the other day, actually. Their argument about needing the money or going pay is pretty weak, seeing as how they obviously are already aware of the fact that they can post their downloads at MTS2 for free.

Have you got a link to her MTS2 profile? Think its best to contact her at MTS2 or her site..seems she's either not very knowledgeable of hosting and how to maintain her site, or shes spinning a web - so contacting will help decipher that and can offer her advice on staying free(and thus we have no new paysite!) Smiley

Here we go:  http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/member/lidiqnata

I'm not sure if it's the same person who posted the message about needing more money or going pay, but they definitely appear to be connected to the site.

I sing along with elevator music.
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 May 02, 22:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What an empty-headed plan, threatening to go pay - like that's so popular anymore.  You get scratched off the list.  Screw you and your intensely lame attempts at manipulation.  Who put a gun to their heads to make that sorry excuse for a website?

But they got scratched off anyway by putting up stuff they DID NOT MAKE, did NOT credit, or, as on one page, is simply a sim they made in a MAXIS BASE GAME OUTFIT, like no one can freaking do that.

*flush*

Yeah - I flushed them down the testicle toilet!  I did!   Cheesy

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Elfen Lied
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2008 May 03, 00:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://modthesims2.com/member/BlueIzumi is where I got the link from. She is the one that has the signature that bugs me.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 May 03, 00:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fight Global Warming Make it happen!!!
Still a True pirate not shareing for free.... Not sharing with cheepskates that can't earn their way in this world... The good people I knew are now dead... Lost to a selfish world.... FightTheGoodFight http://www.sosweetsims.com/homeset.html
!@_o!

I guess it speeks for itself.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 03, 00:30:50 by redisenchanted » Logged
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 May 03, 03:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, but what the heck is she talking about? What the hell has pirate content to do with global warming?

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 May 03, 04:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the pixels, they heat up the atmosphere... *tongue firmly in cheek*

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
gyrobot
Landlubber

Dark Eldar Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 May 03, 04:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, where are the credits to the obvious creators like Nouk and Enayla (a blind man can see their work?) I am a firm believer in telling people where you get stuff from no matter how many pages takes.

This site is sloppy. I want to stab it repeatedly with my cutlass.

Fuck that, I would get near her site with an Ship of the Line and full cannonade her.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: