PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 00:13:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free site threating to go pay...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free site threating to go pay...  (Read 27788 times)
Elfen Lied
ARR!

View Profile
Free site threating to go pay...
« on: 2008 May 02, 03:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't donate dammit!

I did a search for this site around here and couldn't find anything so...

From their news:

Hey everyone... We're back again... And befor I start I have to make a note
I was informed that the stuff about donation is anoying... But here's the thing...
if noone donates we're going to be pay... So I'd rather anoy you guys then be pay...
No affense I hope you guys understand so please don't forget that button in the news....

Hello again everyone.... The bad news is still noone is helping us stay open... We've not recieved
one cent since the kindness of those two people... We are getting closer and closer to having to have donation objects... So I'm begging you to please help us stay free...

Some of the downloads are ok (nothing I want though,) but the site design and some of the DLs reek of twelve.

Sweetsims

Can anyone figure out what the Hell she is trying to say in her signature on MTS2?

Still a True pirate not shareing for free.... Not sharing with cheepskates that can't earn their way in this world... The good people I knew are now dead... Lost to a selfish world.... FightTheGoodFight http://www.sosweetsims.com/homeset.html
!@_o!
Charity_Bonney
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Free site threating to go pay...
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 02, 03:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never heard of sweet sims before...

It seems that they are saying pirates are cheap bastards unwilling to pay for the hard work of the pay CC creators. Basically, feed the Chillen's!
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 02, 03:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, the site is shite, It's full of "untitled document" pages and the page about their creators is blank. It looks like a quick, nasty attempt to filk some money out of people.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Charlotte
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 02, 03:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly what I was thinking - I have a feeling even if someone paid their hosting bill for a few years they'd still find an excuse to go pay Roll Eyes

Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 02, 04:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I think she (he?) has some stuff posted on MTS2. I'm pretty sure I followed a link to that website just the other day, actually. Their argument about needing the money or going pay is pretty weak, seeing as how they obviously are already aware of the fact that they can post their downloads at MTS2 for free.

Not only is their stuff not particularly outstanding, but I can honestly say that even if I *was* inclined to donate money to their website, that demand would turn me off immediately. *shakes head* The greediness of people never ceases to amaze me.

I sing along with elevator music.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 02, 04:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I didn't go to their site, but if they are bad mouthing pirates, threatening their audience for money with going PAY to get their objects (either way it's exortion), well they can go walk the plank. I'm not buying. That is rat ass paysite owner dictatorship talking, and they are just prime candidates to lose their soul to the paysite debate. Considerig I can't fucking decipher what they tried to say from the excerpts that Elfen Lied provided for us, I can safely say the community is not missing out on much.

Feed em to the sharks! Arr!

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 02, 04:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A self-respecting shark would spit them out, but if we could find a handy Kraken, that would work just fine. They eat anything! Just look at all it consumed in POTC: At World's End...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 02, 05:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't have the fansite disclaimer up, and the site hurts my eyes more than Peggy's. Plus the spelling is atrocious. And these cinch it for me.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 02, 09:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd donate so she could hire a decent web designer  Shocked Holy crap - even I make better sites and I've been using the same teqnique since 1997!

Mmm, GeoCities...  Roll Eyes

Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 02, 09:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sad thing is, it's web design 101.. for god's sake give the damn page a title..  Wink

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 02, 10:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well this might explain the sudden need for cash. From April 7th -

Hello again all... Sorry this update is late but you will see why at the end... Pluse I'm working two jobs remember. I had to fight to get today off so I could do the update... I'm gonna be in alot of trouble tomorrow. x_x' ANYWAYS! NOW! THE REASON I GOT THE DAY OFF! THE UPDATE YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!

Probably not a good idea to let your hobby interfere with your ability to pay bills. Unless of course the sims community is expected to support this site owner's desire to transition from hobby to home business.

« Last Edit: 2008 May 02, 10:40:31 by SnarkyShark » Logged
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 02, 12:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is one hideous site. Broken links everywhere, and random badly-formatted pages that seem to require a resolution that no graphics card (or monitor for that matter) on this planet can stretch to. As for the content - well, all I can say is, don't give up your day jobs.

As for that crap about skiving off work to post updates, well, what is she expecting? Compensation? There are a lot of creators out there (and on here) who can juggle jobs, family life and content creation and none of those are begging for cash for their "hard work", and their CC's a million times better too!

Epic fail, this one.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
wyrdwing
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 02, 12:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.sosweetsims.com/female%20sims/sweetsims_sims_female.html(a bit down the page)

If she can afford donation hair then she can afford to keep a site running.... but oh wait... she's been dipping in the booty so that's why. Cheesy

Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 02, 12:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh lord, I missed it before.. they were silly enough to try to do something with the mermaid mesh.. *rolls eyes* That must have been the twelvish content you guys mentioned.

Elfen Lied
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 02, 14:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, where are the credits to the obvious creators like Nouk and Enayla (a blind man can see their work?) I am a firm believer in telling people where you get stuff from no matter how many pages takes.

This site is sloppy. I want to stab it repeatedly with my cutlass.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: