PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 03:27:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Pirates Baaad, TSR Good
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pirates Baaad, TSR Good  (Read 12926 times)
Charity_Bonney
Landlubber

View Profile
Pirates Baaad, TSR Good
« on: 2008 April 22, 21:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The invitation to discuss the survey in the forums "where it can be moderated" got me interested in tsr's definition of moderating; reading their rules made me chuckle... here is an excerpt.

"At all times members of this Forum will follow the instructions of these moderators and administrators. Questioning their actions or motivations in public messages is not welcome. Instead, should you have an issue with the way a staff member is behaving or disagree with their judgment, you are asked to please contact the Forum Administrator via email or private message to express your concerns. Please do not take matters into your own hands. Our staff is entirely volunteer, and deserves the freedom to be able to do their volunteer jobs.

Also, while we grant our users the utmost discretion and freedom, there is no guaranteed right of free speech (or right toward anything else, for that matter) in this community, and we make no guarantees at all about its operation, its moderation or its policies; the Forum is operated solely at the leisure of the Forum administrators, in their free time, and no user is guaranteed the right to be here as a participant. We reserve the right to terminate any user's membership for any reason at any time."

So no disagreements, no on may question the judgment or have a difference of opinion stated on the forum. Is this is to keep the sheep in line? I love the smell of totalitarianism in the morning. BTW, I love how tsr handles "we want to censor your opinions" by saying that they need to be moderated. Is Thoma$$ a politician? They are starting to sound like them....  TSR reminds me more an more each day of "Animal Farm" that is not really shocking though.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Pirates Baaad, TSR Good
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 22, 22:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have an active TSR thread here.  This post could have went there.  Too many TSR threads makes Keirra  a sad pirate.  Angry

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 23, 13:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could've done, but seeing as that particular thread seems to have veered off topic, I stopped reading it a while ago and wouldn't have seen Charity_Bonney's post.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 23, 14:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is TSR is like Animal Farm, who is Boxer?
And what is the equivalent to the glue factory?  Cry That part always made me cry.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 23, 14:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At all times members of this Forum will follow the instructions of these moderators and administrators. Questioning their actions or motivations in public messages is not welcome.
See, my view of the matter is that if the staff are unable to make a convincing case for their actions in public, then they clearly don't have any sensible motivations to begin with. After all, if you cannot defend your reasons, then they are not very good reasons. When you consider that reasons don't exactly have a particularly high standard ("I did it for the lulz" is a classic one), I fail to see why this is so difficult. I mean, I have a whole host of generic reasons for being mean to a user: "I find his continued and repetitive breathing offensive", "I hate his face", etc. These never fail.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 23, 15:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think many sim forums are like this, though most atleast pretend they are places where you can speak freely and express an opinion about anything.  I'm not too shocked that TSR is so open about its censorship. TSR has no shame and the shame they do have they are not afraid to hide.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 23, 18:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, are you sure you're not my dad in disguise? I mean, sure, he claims to hate the Sims, but you sound really familiar.....
 Kiss

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 26, 19:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thoma$$ is just an ass. Of course they have to "moderate/control" the forum posts, otherwise some sheeple who don't know about PMBD yet, will find out and come here. Since they will never admit that they are in the wrong being a paysite to begin with, they have to control their sheeples and keep those blinders firmly in place. With so much of their stuff being utter crap, and with so many of their FA's creating nothing but garbage, their ship can't sink fast enough for me.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
nerd
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 26, 20:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should make that the policy over at Snooty's so that I can start my reign of terror! Muawhaha...
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 29, 12:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think many sim forums are like this, though most atleast pretend they are places where you can speak freely and express an opinion about anything.
Whereas I don't really pretend this is the case, but for the most part, everyone considers it to be the case because I can't be bothered to care. After all, *I* won't do anything about it unless I have a defensible reason, like my burning hatred of your face and offense at your continued breathing.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 29, 20:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink we all love basking in the glow of your neglect, PK..

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 29, 22:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, i believe many people love it for sure.  There are always some few on similar forums who like to point their fingers at other members,
for random reasons, just for the sake of rebuking. Should we have moderators here, the ongoing exciting and meaningful conversations would suffer, and who would approve that?.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 29, 22:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, i believe many people love it for sure.  There are always some few on similar forums who like to point their fingers at other members, for random reasons, just for the sake of rebuking. Should we have moderators here, the ongoing exciting and meaningful conversations would suffer, and who would approve that?.

UGH, just stop, amazone.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 29, 23:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amazone, you have a neverending, unceasing ability to try to get in a random kick long after the argument has finished. I find myself constantly going "huh, where the hell did that come from, wasn't that discussion two or three days ago?" The shame of it is, I find you an absolute pleasure to deal with 98 percent of the time.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Charity_Bonney
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 29, 23:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking at the TSR thead, I could have posted it there, but that has turned into a ramble. I was really hoping to point out that, on the forum opinions are not welcome. There is no debating, anything really. I was a member there for a long time, the forums are not a place to discuss. They exist so that sheep may kiss their favorite FA's & Moderators ass. Memebers are not allowed to disagree with a Mod about anything.

I have found that posting something in a thread where several topics going at once, points sometimes get lost. I read the thread, seemed to have gone off-topic. I started a new one, old thread went back on topic. That does not happen often, or I have been reading too much retardo land again.

I am glad members of EA Land are pissed, sad that they lost money. I am overjoyed that an EA/TSR venture is pissing off the sheep. That makes me grin, really big! Grin
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: