PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 18:03:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New paysite: AnnaMariaSims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New paysite: AnnaMariaSims  (Read 22588 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: New paysite: AnnaMariaSims
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 10, 18:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Helena, remove her personal contact information.

I see she has no huge costs to pay for - except ordinary site costs. Phoolish girl.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 10, 19:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is, I'm not going to go out and hunt down a pay site owner/employee and send them crappy e-mails, that isn't my thing. I let them come here and make fools of themselves and then I get down to business and rip them apart. Don't blame all of us for the actions of one, and that one being a newcomer as of yet. Mailing them info on how to be free and stay free is one thing. Sending them rude letters telling them off without even giving them the chance to  make it right by being liberated is another.

You're not going to convince someone not to be a pixel whore by screaming at them first. Let them come to you first, then when they've made total fools of themselves in front of the world, you take a pin, or in my case a hammer, and deflate that ego of theirs which causes them to think they are entitled to money for what they put into the .pkg file.

That file format belongs to EA and no one has the right to demand money for what is in it unless it's endorsed by the company. No endorsement, no monies. Don't like it? Try to get a job with the company and get paid honestly. As it is, it ain't gonna wash and it never should have been allowed to happen. Then again, if EA had something like a backbone instead of the mass of jelly-fish like material for a spine, pay sites would never have existed in the first place.

If I'm going to send anyone a crappy mail about pay sites and such, it will be the producers of the game because of the way they spit upon their fan base and allow them to be spit upon by the very inaction they are known for. Good God, it's bad enough that the games come out in a form that is hard to play and requires bug fixes from the get-go, why should we have to put up with idiots that sell crap that will bork our games or just looks like shit? Then there is SecUROM, but I'm trying to keep my blood pressure down, so won't go into that even though I'm still totally pissed about the garbage they pawn off on us and expect us to put up with it because they are an almighty game producing company and we are only, ONLY, the customers.

Thing is, the customers are supposed to be right and treated with respect and dignity. Has anyone gotten that from EA or the pay sites? Somehow, I doubt it. Right there they are in breach of good faith with us, the people that pay for their games and make their lifestyles possible. If it was just EA and they made a product that didn't mess with my machine too much or I didn't have to constantly upgrade it to play said game, I wouldn't mind so much. But I do mind a third party thinking that I have to pay for the content that they put out when they have no guarantee of if it's going to work or not. I also have HUGE problems in paying them for something that they don't own. To my mind, that is theft.

Ripped off by the game producer and ripped off by the pay sites. Hell no! I don't buy EA Games products any more, to be honest. The last expansion pack I got that was official was a gift from my best friend and then the fiasco about the copy protection program blew up like a methane tank in a warehouse fire. I don't think they know what in the hell they're doing with producing the game, to be honest. They never give their engineers time to work out most/all of the bugs before mass production, they are only in it for cashing in on a popular title. If they could wait, I'm sure they'd see even more sales as people lined up to buy something that is worth the money we have to spend to get it.

Pay sites are like ramoras; parasites using a larger animal for a lift and not getting caught that often. Then again, they could be compared to lice: annoying, bloodsucking little critters that are hard to get rid of and keep coming out unless you go damn near overboard to eradicate them. The only real difference between pay site owners and lice is that lice are mindless creatures that have no idea that what they are doing is wrong/annoying. The lice just live that way, it's the way they're made. But pay site owners know it's wrong and make a conscious choice to do it anyway.

Some people are truly innocent in not knowing that pay sites are wrong. Maybe AnnaMaria doesn't know, we have to give her that benefit of the doubt. We have to know that she deliberately did wrong before we jump on her with hob-nailed boots. If she listens to reason about free hosting and going free, we toast her with rum and celebrate. If she turns out to be in the likeness of other pay site owners, then we roast her site over a slow flame after a fast searing to keep the juices in. Innocence and ignorance have to be given the chance to learn and improve. Direct greed and willing fraud have to be flattened. Let's see which this one proves to be and then go from there.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 10, 19:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, none of the regulars here filet someone without being provoked first - its usually the noobies that decide to send mails full of profanities to total strangers  Lips sealed

Inactive
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 10, 20:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect my efforts may be futile because this might be a "paysite so I can get pocket money" site..  I knew the owner of Simultaneous Design once upon a time and she told me that was why she ran her paysite.  At least we can give the girl the benefit of the doubt until she responds to my email.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 10, 22:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

o.o Um, I think Lianaa is having some personality poofs and one of those poofs turned out to be Anna Maria. Mo' money, mo' crazy.

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 April 10, 23:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean she has Janisonlyoneofmynamesitis? Heh. They keep getting stranger and stranger, don't they...

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
funkybunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 April 11, 04:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like Sybil on crack.

stolen from Jess Maree:

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 April 11, 09:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

o.o Um, I think Lianaa is having some personality poofs and one of those poofs turned out to be Anna Maria. Mo' money, mo' crazy.

Hrm...

Why would Lianaa help a chum open a paysite, and not point her towards TSR? Lianaa has pointed MilanoKat and Ulkrshn over there, why not this one?

We have also (correct me if wrong) not seen this creator before, and from the looks of her stuff has been creating for a while and has got to grips with it well - am thinking what Nii said. The style is too similar, creators do not just spring up like this, paysites do not just spring up like this, and it is extremely odd that she has not started uploading to TSR *dons tin foil hat* Am thinking Lianaa may have developed two paysite personalities

eta: Found her http://www.thesimsresource.com/profiles/view.php?mid=2037386 No forum posts, no GB entries. First uploaded over a month ago though..hrm..
« Last Edit: 2008 April 11, 09:37:50 by CaptainJojoba » Logged

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

rachelhb
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 April 11, 11:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know i'm new here and probably haven't got a clue, but i'd just like to say Paden you make your point and very well! i usually get put off reading paragraphs on forums; a) it hurts my eyes and b) people usually waffle - but i didn't skip a bit on your post more people who do own paysites should read it!

Now for a complete change of topic - is Anouk actually the nouk from noukiesims? if so........i'm star struck lol i know a lot of you probably are creaters or in the loop with those that are so its no biggy - but i am bowled over if it is cos i play my game with their stuff! WOW .....i know i'm a geek   Embarrassed
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 April 11, 11:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, it's official.. if she's registered over there and she's started her own lil' paysite, go to town on her ass.. I just checked, she didn't even have the courtesy to reply to my mail.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2008 April 11, 12:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know i'm new here and probably haven't got a clue, but i'd just like to say Paden you make your point and very well! i usually get put off reading paragraphs on forums; a) it hurts my eyes and b) people usually waffle - but i didn't skip a bit on your post more people who do own paysites should read it!

Now for a complete change of topic - is Anouk actually the nouk from noukiesims? if so........i'm star struck lol i know a lot of you probably are creaters or in the loop with those that are so its no biggy - but i am bowled over if it is cos i play my game with their stuff! WOW .....i know i'm a geek   Embarrassed

Yes, we have many a pirate here that can word things so well, you wonder why there is a debate anymore. 
Yes, that is the (in)famous Nouk.  You have her hairs.  Actually as time goes on, I'm sure you'll see pretty much any free creator that you really like is somehow connected to the pirates. (all of mine are.) 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 April 11, 12:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, it's official.. if she's registered over there and she's started her own lil' paysite, go to town on her ass.. I just checked, she didn't even have the courtesy to reply to my mail.

Silly little idiot.  Hope she doesn't get a dime.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 April 11, 17:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well i did a who's who & its pretty interesting. If you click on the y directory listing @ whos who after it brings up your search result (Anna Marie Sims) the registrent of AMS has registred 2 listings with Y! Directory.

Data as of: 14-Jun-2005  (Same date for both sites as well)

Showing Web Search results for the term ANNAMARIASIMS2.COM:

1. AnnamariaSims2
This is a Sims2 fan site with fashion creations. ... Swimwear. Outerwear. Children. Casual. Formal. Home. Fashion. FAQ. Donation. E-Mail Me. Links ...annamariasims2.com

2. LianaSims2.net
This is a Sims2 fan site with fashion creations. ... She designs beautiful outfits made mostly on my meshes, go check them out! AnnaMariaSims2.com. ...www.lianasims2.net

There also both registred in the same city & country. Only difference is AMS is on a yahoo domain (saw yahoo by clicking ip address) & Lianas is on Go Daddy.

I have to agree with CaptainJojoba. I think there both one in the same.

Can i post the links to the who's who search results for both site's here? or should i just PM it to anyone who would like to compare the 2?
« Last Edit: 2008 April 11, 18:02:54 by WB » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 April 11, 17:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe Liana is hoping to double dip at TSR?
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 April 11, 18:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh man, wouldn't THAT be a kick in the pants...

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: