PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 21:16:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Carla Niven must be destroyed!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 187 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Carla Niven must be destroyed!  (Read 703293 times)
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
Carla Niven must be destroyed!
« Reply #900 on: 2007 January 19, 13:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's stims avi.....

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: 2007 January 19, 16:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, but Stim nicked it off Carla in the first place...*nods*

I notice also in Ginster's posts, there's one asking about Fashion Shows...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: 2007 January 19, 16:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ginster = Cardrew.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #903 on: 2007 January 19, 17:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Surelyfunke"
Ginster = Cardrew.

For definite?

That sure is amusing though. :wink:

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: 2007 January 19, 17:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which leaves me wondering, why on earth did the Niven decide a glamourous fashion designerish username would be to call oneself after a brand of cornish pasty? o.o

(Disclaimer: the products shown are not Ginsters Cornish Pasties, but Deep Fill Chicken and Mushroom, and Bacon and Cheese Slices, respectively. JesseRocket accepts no liability for any pastry-related confusion caused.)

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: 2007 January 19, 17:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
Ginster = Cardrew.

For definite?

Yes, and yes.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #906 on: 2007 January 19, 18:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
Ginster = Cardrew.

For definite?

Yes, and yes.

Brilliant! Good sleuthing work. :wink:  Cheesy

Well, although "Ginster" is an insane name, I'm still wondering why s/h/it chose to name its site Carla Niven. Even if it really is s/h/it's name, which is rather silly and I hope not, it's so awful you wouldn't really want to name the site that. So...why?

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Pwing
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: 2007 January 19, 18:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my guess is that it sounded like a 'real' designer name label to them... reminds me of the "neveah" thing the 12 year olds on babyname boards are so in love with.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #908 on: 2007 January 19, 18:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pwing"
my guess is that it sounded like a 'real' designer name label to them... reminds me of the "neveah" thing the 12 year olds on babyname boards are so in love with.

Can anyone explain to me how "Nevaeh" is actually PRONOUNCED? I can't work out how. It sounds awful whenever I try.

Pwing
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: 2007 January 19, 18:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol: my guess is either 'nev-ah' or 'Ni-eve-ah' either way it's insipidly popular amonst those who will hopefully outgrow it by the time they become parents... at least some of them.

*edit to add*
ugh... it's worse than I thought.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/18/us/18heaven.html?ex=1305604800&en=0606bfab6929a5f0&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #910 on: 2007 January 19, 18:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol: my guess is either 'nev-ah' or 'Ni-eve-ah' either way it's insipidly popular amonst those who will hopefully outgrow it by the time they become parents... at least some of them.

Wow, it sounds stupid.
I pity the kids who grow up with that name.

« Reply #911 on: 2007 January 19, 18:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Badly, as far as I can figure. :? The dipthong of 'ae' is, IME, usually pronounced like a long a in English, but trying to pronounce it with the h sound, which is aspirated, fails utterly. If 'ae' isn't taken as a dipthong pronounciation still doesn't work well because it has two vowel sounds right together that require the mouth to be shaped in different ways to pronounce them, resulting in a really awkward word that would really happen in nautral language evolution. At least, not in the various ways I know of to pronounce a and e depending on language used. Perhaps it'd be pronouncible in a language where a and e make totally different sounds than they do in English, Finnish, or Spanish.

/language geek! Cheesy

I remember doing this when I was a kid - throwing random letters together to make names that looked cool but couldn't be pronounced. If I did pronounce them, it'd be in a way utterly unlike they were spelled, hahaha. Having only the vaguest sense of how other languages construct words and not having any idea how they pronounce letters and dipthongs results in some straaaange constructions. I wonder if kids who are learning a second language at that age do that?
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: 2007 January 19, 18:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back when Cardrew used to have thing on the site that TALKED to you, I heard the name being pronouned NEYE-ven. Tongue

The Ginster/Cardrew connection is no secret though. When the Advertisement forum was still open on MTS2, Cardrew pedalled its wares under the Ginster screenname. Wink

Edit: Oh my god guys, you weren't even asking how to pronounce Niven!  :lol: Sorr 'bout that. But if you ever wanted to know, there you go.
« Reply #913 on: 2007 January 19, 18:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Oh my god guys, you weren't even asking how to pronounce Niven!  :lol: Sorr 'bout that. But if you ever wanted to know, there you go.

Hey, fine by me, now we have something else to make fun of the Amazing Ambiguously Gendered Cardrew with. NEYE-ven. 'Cause long vowels make it classy.  :lol:
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: 2007 January 19, 18:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*edit to add*
ugh... it's worse than I thought.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/18/us/18heaven.html?ex=1305604800&en=0606bfab6929a5f0&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Shit, that sounds suspiciously like my more common username, Nivaya. Sad I'd not heard the name Nevaeh until just now. This saddens me. Thankfully, I'd never saddle a child with it, and Heaven spelled backwards? Ew. Also, wouldn't that make it like...the ANTI-HEAVEN?

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 187 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: