PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 15:28:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 21 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 879981 times)
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #2625 on: 2009 August 09, 10:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well this is what I ended up doing with it.

Obviously not any sort of major or hugely noticeable modification, and I'm not totally happy with the lettering. I suppose I could have toyed with it more. Most it was sort of a proof of concept to see if I could do it and make it work. And my sims who live in a sort of Hawaiian/Island style house already had that picture up and the English writing was bugging me, tiny as it was, so it was sort of the natural choice.

Anyway, here it is. I hope Sims Art Gallery doesn't mind. I kept all their original credit info in the desc. Really I can't take credit for any of it; it's an extremely minor update to their file. Oh and it replaces the original so you can't used both. You may also need to delete your cache files to get it to show properly.

The Simlish font is really easy to use. You just install it as a True Type Font in Windows and then it will load in any program that lets you select or change fonts. You just type as normal in Roman letters and it spits out the Simlish character equivalent. Very easy.

For images any decent image editing software should allow you to overlay text onto your images so you just have to select the Simlish font and type then overlay it. If you want to get really fancy you can play around with indent, spacing between lettering, curve and semi circle writing shapes etc. I know Paint Shop and Photoshop have a lot of options for what you can do with your text.

Those images at MTS2 are cute. Myself I always loved these ones http://sumomo.modthesims.info/member.php?u=3459 (not the Cassandra Goth lipstick ad but the other 3).

These movie posters are great too: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=117828

I think I might take a crack at something like that myself but the thing is since those use the old Wingdings Simlish and very obviously Sims 2 sims for models so I feel like it really wouldn't work to do a straight conversion and it's better to start from scratch. I can do the lettering if someone wants to get pictures of sims in interesting poses for an ad or whatnot. I suppose it would be easiest to start with food items really.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 09, 18:12:21 by Motoki » Logged

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: 2009 August 09, 15:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your link for your simlish flower paint is inexistant. http: .

Amazing, I didn't even know of natia128's advertising posters! Too bad as her phone and lipsticjs would have been perfect for my city. *facepalm*
The movie posters cannot be used on a street because of the thick frame, it defies the idea of street posters glued anywhere by a fan or a low worker with a lot of tags around it. That's why I used these pizza & takeout posters everywhere: simple products being advertized makes very realistic urban feel. With some other CC posters like coke and sandwiches, awesome ripped posters, the H&M big posters for 'cleaner' places and a gazillion of tags, my urban building roxxxed *sigh*

The old simlish would look perfect ingame, why not? The new one is rather quirky for my taste anyway. Why do it from scratch? Nostalgia using sims 2 pics and fonts is perfect since that's what EA did for the TV channels: sims 2 movies are being played. Simply converting these shinies would do it. I don't know how to clone a thing and make it non default, that's what's stopping me. Sad

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: 2009 August 09, 18:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

D'OH! That is what I get for trying to post at 2:30 am when I am falling asleep at the keyboard.

Anyway, it's fixed.

There's a wiki on the process for creating new custom paintings but the process is not for the faint of heart!

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:_Custom_Paintings_in_Sims_3

You know, I have to say, I actually like the new Simlish loads better. The old was very obviously Windings and just looked silly. This looks like it could be a real writing system. Looks more sensible.

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: 2009 August 09, 18:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grabbed the Hibiscus, thanks for the simlish change Smiley If you do other ones, please share! Don't know if paint.net can handle writings and such and I never tried this kind of stuff.

Okay I'll try the tut for the painting when I'll have some freetime. Oh.My.Gosh. *starts to panic* *swallows rum*
I really want these conversions. In fact the hardest part will probably be to find the most suitable ingame frame size. Want to redo my beloved trashy urban city someday Grin

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
simsartgallery
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: 2009 August 10, 02:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki,

Of course I don't mind your changes. I'm happy if it makes you happy. Smiley Just a tiny suggestion and request if you don't mind. It probably would have been easier if you had looked for the painting or contacted me (as I'd be happy to link you or send it) for the original painting. The original painting would have been much easier for you to work off of instead of the tiny one on my file. And if there are more you choose to do this way, please, by all means, take the credit as you made a change and that change was not mine. I think that would be easier for sharing purposes. I'd like my work to stay mine and yours to be yours. I really have absolutely no problem with you using any of the artwork I upload on the site. You're welcome to change it to suit your needs. And you really did a nice job considering what you had to work with. Smiley
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: 2009 August 10, 02:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Dr. House: I was thinking that too. I was looking but is there really a suitable mesh for those posters? I think it might require a new mesh too. :-p I could whip something up mesh wise. It's a ridiculously simple shape, I'm just not sure about getting it all to work with the game. In theory it should just be a matter of swapping the GEOMs out. Hmm...

@SimsArtGallery: You're right. Source files would be way easier to work with. Really I just did this for myself and didn't have the intention to share originally. Anyway, I'll contact you about the files. Thanks!

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: 2009 August 10, 02:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, I'm thinking of something: the small building that has an advertising poster on its side. I think it's the library. Maybe. That poster mesh could fit? If it can be separated from the rabbit hole building that is. Huh
Maybe it's too big though.

EDIT: I started looking at the tut you linked, decided to learn the "set a price part". It's the first time in my life I fiddle with a hex editor and it worked! I changed the price of Carrigon's buyable pizza. Huzzah! *proud*

There was no reason to translate its catalogue text if the price was still so silly - it was 5§ for Christ's sake that was damn silly Tongue
« Last Edit: 2009 August 10, 05:36:31 by Dr House » Logged

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: 2009 August 11, 06:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heres a house I just built and I really like how it came out so I decided to share it.

Thats the outside. Its 3 stories with rooftop access. It has a driveway on the side of the house, and you can't see it, but there is also a bike rack over there too. The little room on the roof is for realisim sake. I didn't like how it looked having a hole in the roof for the stairs in which one could see all the way down to the first floor. And when weather comes back, you will be all ready for that.  Cheesy

First floor. There is an entracnce with a bench and two plants. Then you have an open area that has a kitchen, dining area, and living area. There is also a full bath on this floor. Outside you have a patio with a fire pit that has 2 chairs connected to it and then two lounges near it (but look like they are part of it  Wink). There is also a grill and a table so you can cook out. Then there is a sand box type thing with the two toddler toys, thats for the toddler of the woman I just moved into this lot(you can see her in the first pic).

Second floor. You have a small sitting area in the corner at the top of the stairs. Then you have bedroom two, which is right now set up for a girl toddler. Bedroom two also has its own private bath. Then you have a balcony in the front.

Third floor. This is the master bedroom with a small sitting area where you can read books or just sit. There is also a private bath. And stairs going up to the roof.

Now the details.

Lot Size: 16x18 Its built on the lot the bistro comes on. In this Sunset Valley I moved it and the grocery store to another lot together, and converted this lot to make a small house like this on.
Price: Furnished 88,140
     Unfurnished 53,756
Custom Content
    From the Store(or MATY Wink):
                               Ultra Lounge
                               Ultra Lounge Youth
                               Bayside

From CC Sites:
                        From Sims Art Gallery you need Olive Garden, both sets from All About Eve, Cinnamon Roads from Bloom and Roads, and Misty Morning rising. That should be all from there. http://simsartgallery.wordpress.com/

From Stylist Sims, the stone deco in the living room set.
                        http://www.stylistsims.net/sims3/objects_01.html

And you need the flower vase that is part of this dining set on Sims3 Market Platz
                        http://www.sims3marktplatz.net/forum/index.php?page=DownloadDBData&dataID=75

And now, if you are still reading  Wink You can download the lot Here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qjlkmzzm5dm

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: 2009 August 11, 06:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the layout and the use of the patio space. Ultra Lounge plushies! Cheesy Too bad they can't cuddle with the danged things or the godzilla toy though. Tongue

I like the small lot but I wish there were more available and that we had more control over lot sizes and placement. It's definitely a huge limitation. Sad

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: 2009 August 11, 06:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the small lot but I wish there were more available and that we had more control over lot sizes and placement. It's definitely a huge limitation. Sad

That is a huge reason I want a hood editor. There are so many places I could stick a small lot like this, but we are limited to where EA put the lots, and the size they are, it really limits the freedom we had on Sims 2. I really think if they released a hood editor, I would edit Sunset Valley before I even made a custom hood.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: 2009 August 11, 07:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the layout and the bedroom, neato'.

That is a huge reason I want a hood editor.
Damn, me too. Ditto 300%. 'cause that's why I won't touch any lot or build anything for now. I WANT my totally custom urban city damnit! With the open hood, it would be so great Cry A real city, with trashed lots, dark bars, bordello and dumpsters! A lot of neons, advertising, trashes everywhere. It's a chef d'oeuvre I must do, like I did for Sims 2. I also want my custom tropical hood with a jungle nature, bungalows everywhere. Sic. *goes away mumbling*

Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: 2009 August 11, 15:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.  The fixed neighborhood was strike 3 as far as I was concerned.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Miikan
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: 2009 August 11, 21:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I love the lot! I'll grab it as soon as I get my computer back! Rum nate, thank you for sharing, it's just my kind of houses I use in the game  Cheesy
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: 2009 August 12, 05:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoli, I checked ingame for a possible poster mesh to clone. The only thing that comes close to it and doesn't have a frame is the white poster with the grim. But it's too small, and has kinda pins on it. So nope, no suitable mesh for street advertising. Sad

Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: 2009 August 12, 06:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I can make one in like 5 seconds in a 3d editor. It's just a matter of cloning and setting the strings and finagling and getting all the settings right to get it to work okay in the game I don't look forward to. Tongue

There's sort of billboard posters up and around aren't there? Or are those actually attached to those rabbit hole building meshes? Hmm.

EDIT: Okay I'd been sitting on these for a while. They really were very quick and easy to make. Taking the screenshots and image editing and uploading and posting them too way longer than actually making the icons and changing the custom station string

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16396.msg471585.html#msg471585

Because it replaces the custom channel you can only use one a t a time

« Last Edit: 2009 August 12, 07:29:57 by Motoki » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: