PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 15:27:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 20 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 879981 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #2100 on: 2009 March 17, 05:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like how it looks.  It seems like you could ballroom dance in the large empty space, too.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: 2009 March 17, 09:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really nice Darqstar! I'm a sucker for "grandmotherly" type decoration even though I don't decorate like this in real life. It looks kind of like my Nan's livingroom. Now that my grandad's gone and she suffers from osteoporosis noone uses it any more, so whenever I visit her I sneak in and sit alone in there and relax. Don't change the loveseat texture it matches the whole colour scheme and the rug is a nice splash of colour.

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: 2009 March 17, 12:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar, that room looks really nice! The bright rug really gives weight to your anecdote, and the couch is fantastic the way it is. It's perfect! For a suggestion (eek! sorry!), I would say that the cactus on the desk seems a tad too bright and kind of detracts from the other bright points in the room. Perhaps a darker cactus, if possible? Smiley But your room is perfectly aged and something I would totally love for my simmies to use.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
ferncapel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: 2009 March 17, 13:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never posted my work on here before...but "holds breathe" here goes!!
This is Updown Court ...most expensive house in Britain...what i modelled it on!

The real Updown Court

Another house i made...This is Beckham Mansion...

No CC/ Hacks or Cheats used in either house Cool
« Last Edit: 2009 March 17, 17:27:26 by ferncapel » Logged
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: 2009 March 17, 13:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's like my grandmother's place: it was like a time capsule right out of the 50's.   My grandfather even had an old picture of Marilyn Monroe (cut out from a magazine) framed above his little bar in the basement.

My grandmother was heavily into Victorian style furnishings and pictures, which really helped to lay credence to the idea that the room had gotten frozen in time.  It was a really weird feeling to be in there, like we living creatures were all way too bright. 

I like how it looks.  It seems like you could ballroom dance in the large empty space, too.

Heh, the empty space is in part, not knowing what to put in the middle of the room.  A TV would rather spoil the effect. 

Really nice Darqstar! I'm a sucker for "grandmotherly" type decoration even though I don't decorate like this in real life. It looks kind of like my Nan's livingroom. Now that my grandad's gone and she suffers from osteoporosis noone uses it any more, so whenever I visit her I sneak in and sit alone in there and relax. Don't change the loveseat texture it matches the whole colour scheme and the rug is a nice splash of colour.

Thank you.  I wondered about the rug, because usually rugs fade down the worst, but I do remember the rug in my grandparents house having faded, but in a way so it was more golden instead of washed out. 

Darqstar, that room looks really nice! The bright rug really gives weight to your anecdote, and the couch is fantastic the way it is. It's perfect! For a suggestion (eek! sorry!), I would say that the cactus on the desk seems a tad too bright and kind of detracts from the other bright points in the room. Perhaps a darker cactus, if possible? Smiley But your room is perfectly aged and something I would totally love for my simmies to use.

Don't be sorry, I wanted people to point out what they thought was wrong too. And I agree with you.  I just get irritated that in the Sims, desks are usually empty except for a computer.  A computer didn't fit into the scheme of things, but I didn't want it to be stark empty either.   So, the cactus and such are props, rather than parts of the room I recolored 

I'm glad you like the sofa texture.  I was actually really pleased on how that turned out.  Better than I thought it would.  I was afraid it would look as if it was stained when the room was "sealed off" but it really does look like the stains my grandparents sofa had, which might have been caused by dust, or were very light when the room was locked off, but darkened over the years. 

Ferncapel?  That house is beautiful!  Have you playested it yet?  The only thing I'd worry about is the time it might take for Simmies to get to the street for the bus or carpool (I'm discovering that fun in Apartment life, as I make a huge apartment complex and discover my Sims need over a real minute/sim hour to get to the car port. But the decorating and general look of the place is beautiful.  I don't know the real building it's based on, but when I look at your pictures, I hear Robin Leech in my head screaming, "Here we are looking at fabulous houses you'll never be able to afford!"  I love it. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
ferncapel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: 2009 March 17, 14:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I havent playtested it yet! I should really! I think i will and get back to you on the question of carpool times, i know it slows my game down a bit...but i desperately ned a new pc!
I also have a glitch downstairs by the pools...I cant get rid of it and dont know whats causing it!

The house in question!

Google it...its an amazing house!
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: 2009 March 17, 14:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, looking at the picture, I can really see how well you did!

I have no idea of the glitch problem, I've never had that issue myself. 

I was thinking the other day (you mention your PC is old) if I ever did a Sim site that had lots for downloading, I'd probably ask the creators of the lots to give their computer specs and to honestly say if the house slows down the game or what.  Because when I had my other PC with the KMD 2400 chip, a lot of houses, even relatively small houses, slowed the heck out of my game.  Even now that I have a KMD 3400 computer, (runs at about 2.0 )  some lots still slow down my game. 

I always thought that if people knew the speed/ graphics card of the computer a lot was built on, and if the creator found it easy or laggy, they would be better able to pick lots that worked for their game. 

But again, I love that house!  I couldn't make a house like that if my life depended on it.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2107 on: 2009 March 17, 14:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps a piano, or a bit more of the same sort of furniture.  You're right, the only tv that wouldn't spoil the effect would be one of those really old cabinet jobs.  Oh, maybe an old-fashioned radio?

And the houses are amazing - very close work.

And I used to build these huge lots that would cause me to lag as I was building them - and run out of walls.

www.thestormradio.com
ferncapel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: 2009 March 17, 17:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/uploads.php?user_id=1450692&nstart=1&asset_type=lot

If any one wants to download..both houses are here...plus several other lots i created! With many more pics of these two especially interior!

Thanks for appreciating my houses...Updown Court took me days to do and by the time id done the house and outdoor pool area i was fed up and couldnt be bothered landscaping, but i persevered and completed it! All my lots are Maxi's only content with no hacks. All run fine...i use many in my game! (Though Updown Court has only been tested briefly to ensure the glitch was not a problem!)
« Last Edit: 2009 March 17, 17:44:23 by ferncapel » Logged
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: 2009 March 17, 17:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar, if you have Freetime, I think the "Hi-Fi with Vintage Turntable" would look good where the desk is. It may need to be recolored into a more gray color to tie in with the room, but it should work.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: 2009 March 17, 20:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooh thank you fern for the lovely house!  Kiss

Darqstar, what you could try finding, and the link escapes me right now, is a type writer. I've seen it somewhere where someone cloned a computer into a type writer or something. That would fill up the desk. Another suggestion about the open space, is if you actually made the room smaller you would have to put the furniture closer together which would eliminate alot of that space. Or even adding more couches/chairs would make it look more like a seating lounge. I think there are some grungy recolors of the violin on GOS, which would help the violin not pop as much.

I love your idea for the worn but not used look.  Maybe adding a picture or two with a dash of red would help the rug pop out some more.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: 2009 March 17, 21:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooh thank you fern for the lovely house!  Kiss

Darqstar, what you could try finding, and the link escapes me right now, is a type writer. I've seen it somewhere where someone cloned a computer into a type writer or something. That would fill up the desk. Another suggestion about the open space, is if you actually made the room smaller you would have to put the furniture closer together which would eliminate alot of that space. Or even adding more couches/chairs would make it look more like a seating lounge. I think there are some grungy recolors of the violin on GOS, which would help the violin not pop as much.

I love your idea for the worn but not used look.  Maybe adding a picture or two with a dash of red would help the rug pop out some more.

I can only remember one typewriter that I have seen before, and it was done by a FA on TSR. There may be one on GOS or MTS, but I haven't see it.

I'm pretty sure Missbonbon is right about the recolors of the violin on GOS. I got some from somewhere, and I'm pretty sure I got them there.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: 2009 March 17, 23:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fern, we're in the same position! I have an old computer on its last legs. I wish I could download large lots, but as of now I try to have my sims live on the smallest lots available in the game. That lot will be among the first things I download when I get my powerful, sexy new computer. If I can get one, that is.

I've been making eyes lately. Actually not making eyes. Just tweaking eyes that others have made. I don't like black areas showing when my sims open their eyes wide or look in any direction that isn't directly in front of them. Also, many of the scleras look too bright to me so I dial them down a bit or add some blue to it. Lots of people do that already, but I make mine a tad darker

A blend of Stefan eyes on an Anva base

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2113 on: 2009 March 18, 01:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really pretty eyes and really pretty sim too.

www.thestormradio.com
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: 2009 March 18, 04:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nixy has some console stereo recolors on ElegantDecay. I think they are of shannanisims console stereo. Look really awesome anyway!

oolong, those eyes are just stunning & eyes are one thing I am horribly picky about lol...I would dl those in a heartbeat! (hope you are uploading them  Kiss )

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: