PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 17:13:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 217 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame  (Read 968653 times)
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
Re: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
« Reply #2250 on: 2009 March 27, 13:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is everyday? Wow, just wow.

It's a part of a set, it is supposed to go with long tops so that it looks like you have a dress on. They have also made tights and such. I agree on its own it does look terrible, but in the group it isn't that bad. (Not talking about quality of course, just the fact that its not just underpants.)

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: 2009 March 27, 14:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At Least those pantie sets could have a top for little girls. Looks creepy without a top.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: 2009 March 27, 19:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the kids panties are smutty. I never wore undershirts with my panties when I was a kid. They're Hello Kitty panties for God's sake. The cut isn't "sexy". People need to chill out on the "OMG NAKED CHILD IS CLEARLY SEXUALIZATION" crap. Those panties aren't sexual unless you want them to be.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: 2009 March 28, 00:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the kids panties are smutty. I never wore undershirts with my panties when I was a kid. They're Hello Kitty panties for God's sake. The cut isn't "sexy". People need to chill out on the "OMG NAKED CHILD IS CLEARLY SEXUALIZATION" crap. Those panties aren't sexual unless you want them to be.

I have to disagree with you on this one.  No, the panties themselves are not sexual, they're actually cute.  And yes, I too, didn't always wear a T-shirt with panties when I was a kid, but I also didn't run around in just my panties when the camera came out.  I understand that a young child shouldn't be looked at as a sexual  being, but some folks do.  And it just doesn't sit right to me, having these little girls posing with panties and no undershirt on. 

So while I agree that the panties themselves are not smutty at all, the picture is on the border of decency.  Yes, I know, they're Sims so who cares, but if it were real little girls posed up like that for ads, I'd be turned off. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: 2009 March 28, 00:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to start wearing clothes as a 6, because I started growing boobies. We're talking, second grade 6, not 6th grade 6, too. Got my first training bra at 6+2, and mom wouldn't let me go around the yard topless anymore at 6+.5
Plus, in the game, the kids are never in undies really, are they? That's the main reason I don't download more for my sims, if I want them to sleep in undies they may as well wear a tank top, and during the day they wear... clothes.

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: 2009 March 28, 00:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the girls panties creator is European?  When I was little, kids would run around on the beach in just swim shorts, and nobody would even blink.  Small children running around outside with no shirt was not considered indecent.  I know the standards of modesty are different in the States, and TSR is a US company.  I see this as more TSR not caring about what's on their site than as the creator's fault.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2256 on: 2009 March 28, 01:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I was a 6 and we went to Spain [And I'd just turned 6] all the other kids my age were swimming nude and no one thought anything of that either.  But my mom made me wear my swimsuit anyway.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: 2009 March 28, 01:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last I knew, TSR was not USA, I thought Bonham was English and Thomass is Swedish or something like that.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: 2009 March 28, 02:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last I knew, TSR was not USA, I thought Bonham was English and Thomass is Swedish or something like that.
Hm, you're right.  I looked around their site, found a Swedish address.  However, they have a presence in the States and American subscribers.  So if they claim to be PG-13, which is an American standard, and show topless girls to their American customers, could they be held accountable?  Not that they will be.  And I'm not terribly bothered by small kids in underpants.  I'm just curious.

Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: 2009 March 28, 02:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can find kids in underpants like that on MTS2, I don't remember who exactly it was but a regular here is the one who did it. My daughter is 4 and she never wears an undershirt, and I wouldn't and don't think anything of letting her run around in her underwear if that's what she wants to do. As long as we are at home, I don't see the problem.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Nietzsche
Landlubber

I'm a bad, bad, disillusioned miscreant~ ;)

View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: 2009 March 28, 02:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see y'all's points. Myself, I pretty much wore clothes throughout my childhood. That's probably why I thought that those were inappropriate.  Lips sealed Let me try and make it up to ya'll.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims2-clothing-male-adult-everyday/title/Screw%20me%20/id/289567/

TSR IS PG-13, WE SWEAR.

SHAKESHAFT IS A THIEF!
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: 2009 March 28, 04:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the disconnect with the underpants thing is because kids in Sims 2 are supposed to be about age 4 to 11. Age 4 naked on the beach, fine, whatever, no problem. Age 11? Not so much. So if you look at those Sim kids as 4, you might not see what the big deal is, but once you start looking at them as 10 or 11, it gets really, really icky. At least that's how I see it.

Anyhoodles, that t-shirt is tasteless and stupid. I love the blurb under it: "great for your wannabe PIMP Sim." Um, no. 

Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: 2009 March 28, 05:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well maybe I am a prude, maybe it is the Mom in me talking too , but if I was going to make sim underwear for girls they would have tops. I know they are fake people but I really do not want to be looking at half naked fake kids anymore then I do real ones.  ( who are not my own kids)  The panties are cute  and I am sure the creator is not a pervert... just not thinking some of us do not want half naked little girls in our game.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: 2009 March 28, 05:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... I am sure the creator is not a pervert... just not thinking some of us do not want half naked little girls in our game.

This bothers me. Creators shouldn't have to cater to everyone. If you don't like it, don't download it. Don't berate them for creating it. I know it's a little different because this is a paysite, but it really gets on my nerves when I hear "OMG, I don't like it, so it shouldn't exist."

I still stand on my previous opinion. I ran around without a top all the time when I was a 6. It wasn't scandalous or sexual. Darqstar, I'm not really sure I understand what you're saying. These aren't real little  girls and the preview picture is meant to show what you get in game. If they had tanks in the preview picture and didn't in game, it wouldn't make sense. It's not like these are ads for real underwear, which can or can't be worn with a shirt. If the sims undies come without a shirt, show em without a shirt. I do agree that they probably could have been handled more tastefully, such as not seeing the torso at all, with just a close up of the panties.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: 2009 March 28, 05:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the disconnect with the underpants thing is because kids in Sims 2 are supposed to be about age 4 to 11.
Kids in Sims 2 are 6. Simple. Just like the teens are 12s. In fact, Sims 2 follows the Rule of 6. We have 0s (baby/toddler - note lack of actual age transition stamp), 6s, 12s, and then 18s, which were later moved to being 24s after Uni. After that, not much of note occurs, much like in real life, until you get to Elders at, surprise surprise, 54. In short, Sims 2 upholds the Rule of 6.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 217 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: