PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 15:02:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 199 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)  (Read 745626 times)
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
« Reply #315 on: 2007 June 12, 13:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Berg"
I don't mind high-poly when it's excusable - like in this case Cheesy  (if you want examples of the opposite - browse Peggy's stuff in the booty...).

I like it very much. I can't get enough of everyday hairstyles for my sim ladies. They're hard-working women and sometimes mothers - they DO NOT want waist-long Hollywood hair and 5 inch stiletto heels, dammit!

Now - stop praising Nouk and mock me instead!  Cool

I'm not a mesher but sometimes I mesh a little anyway... And I've been fiddling around with this today, and I would just like to know, plain and simple - should I go on?

...I mean - aren't there already tons of stuff like this out there? I killed my DL folder a couple of months ago, but I'm sure I had something very much like it before that...

Meh, I just want to know if there would be even a remote interest in a hair like this before I start on the alphas and textures. I could do it just for me, of course, but that's not as much fun, really...

You all may not be old enough to remember this, but this is the classic Vidal Sassoon Bob. Very Seventies. Good work, Berg. (I am reminded of this because I am a big reality TV fan, and just finished up the season of Shear Genius, and they had to do a Vidal Sassoon Bob in the finals.

Still watching you guys
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2007 June 12, 13:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the older one better, more unique...

For this one, you should apply the texture in milkshape, and then move those vertices around untill it's a smooth line...

The texture looks very nice Smiley

p.s. Join my evil free site today! Pwease? lol

Inactive
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: 2007 June 12, 13:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankies Nouk! Yes, that part of the mesh has given me headaches. I did a stupid thing with the "hair" mesh group and now it's almost impossible to make the alpha parts line up nicely in that place. Aaargh! Gaps! I iz not Peggy!  :cry:

And don't worry, I will work on the other one too. I'm already planning a slightly different male version (emo alert!)  :wink:

Quote from: "N0uK!!EINZ"
Ah, but you don't pay me enough! Please, think about the chilluns!

On a serious note, I'd love to make a guest apperance one day, if you'd want me. Sometimes I like to make stuff that don't fit in with the theme of my own site, so... Make me an offer I can't resist!  :twisted:

SparklePlenty: I'm so happy you made the refernce to Vidal Sassoon, because that was actually the look I was going for  Smiley

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2007 June 12, 14:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, but you don't pay me enough! Please, think about the chilluns!

On a serious note, I'd love to make a guest apperance one day, if you'd want me. Sometimes I like to make stuff that don't fit in with the theme of my own site, so... Make me an offer I can't resist!  :twisted:

SparklePlenty: I'm so happy you made the refernce to Vidal Sassoon, because that was actually the look I was going for  Smiley

Does the chilluns eats rum? Then I can make a very interresting offer! :p

Inactive
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: 2007 June 12, 15:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the chilluns eats rum? Then I can make a very interresting offer! :p
My chilluns will work all night on a drink'o rum! Tell me more!  Cool

Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: 2007 June 12, 17:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for doubleposting, but I just had to address Mistyblue: all your buildings look soooo gorgeous! They alone are going to make me re-install University one of these days, just so I can have them in my game. My favourite 'hood needs so many of your houses!

feathered
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2007 June 12, 18:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Captain Berg - I snagged the bob! woo! it looks neat-o. Thank-you.

mOAR hair.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2007 June 12, 18:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How the heck did you put all colors in one package! WANT!
And can you teach me how to put the hair in the same type, so that when they change colors, the style remains the same?
Smiley

Inactive
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: 2007 June 12, 18:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Theo's Amazing Colour Binning Tool of course!  Cheesy Do you use it or do you do it the old-school way? Anyway - when you have loaded and binned all the colours with Theo's tool and is about to save, there's an option under... eh, "Options" to "generate single package". That's it!

Plus, are they binned?
Yup.

Plus, are they animated?
Uhm, not so much. Not at all. Well, I made an honest effort. First by keeping the orginal animations (was based on aflongsimple) but they were suitable for a long hairstyle so it looked wonkish. Then I tried tweaking them little by little but I wasn't pleased with the results so I ended up assigning every damn thing to head. Since it's such a short hairstyle I guess it's still looks acceptable...

Teach me animationsnstuffs plz?  :cry:

Quote from: "Tailchaser"
Captain Berg - I snagged the bob! woo! it looks neat-o. Thank-you.
Cool, hope you like it!  Tongue

Quote from: "Tailchaser"
mOAR hair.
I agree!

liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2007 June 12, 19:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not called Orta, that's the name of a character in a videogame. Come on people, a little more nerdiness here!

If you go to a hairdresser and ask for that style, it's an A line, stacked in the back. Tongue

Berg, I like the first version of your hairstyle a tad bit better, it was sleeker. Now that it was mentioned, it does look like a Vidal Sassoon hairstyle, I've always been really partial to those sleek, sophisticated cuts.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Capucine
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: 2007 June 12, 19:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And can you teach me how to put the hair in the same type, so that when they change colors, the style remains the same?
Smiley

You want this plugin for SimPE, Nouk. It is absolutely bloody brilliant.

Love that mesh, Berg. I used to have my hair cut in a more severe graduated bob, kinda like this only a bit longer at the front. Very 60's. I was teh secks :lol: Never seen a mesh like that anywhere *subtle hint* Tongue

ETA, Kavar made Orta's hair, here it is.

size=9]Rum is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of The Sims Community.[/size]

The cake is a rich, moist and delicious lie.
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: 2007 June 12, 19:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love that hairstyle Capucine!  :shock: I saved the picture; maybe for future reference...

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2007 June 12, 19:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! THANK YOU! Thank you! *hugs Berg and Capucine to death*

Berg, I'll show you Smiley Just add me to msn Smiley

Inactive
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: 2007 June 12, 19:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll love the tool, Nouk! With just a few clicks you can bin all the colours and also disable certain ages. It saves so much time (one hair with four or five colours... Hmm, 1 minute? 2, max.) and is Truly Awesome(TM).

However, sometimes it just. Doesn't. Work. No one, not even Theo, knows why. But since you kept backups of your recolours (because you did, right?) it's just to start over and and watch the magic. It always work the second time for me, and it's rare that it doesn't work the first, so it's no biggie.

MSN tutoring offer greatly appreciated! Time is sparse for me the nextcoming days, however. How's your schedule?

*consults palmpilot and tries to look important

Capucine
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: 2007 June 12, 20:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh! Hug of Death!

However, sometimes it just. Doesn't. Work. No one, not even Theo, knows why. But since you kept backups of your recolours (because you did, right?) it's just to start over and and watch the magic. It always work the second time for me, and it's rare that it doesn't work the first, so it's no biggie.
It does sometimes give me empty packages, is this the same problem? I was wondering if there was a reason for that :?

size=9]Rum is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of The Sims Community.[/size]

The cake is a rich, moist and delicious lie.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 199 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: