PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 19:20:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Maxoid Sam
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Sam  (Read 84329 times)
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 03, 11:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MaxoidSam didn't seem to grasp the fact that people are screaming because they love the game. Since when has anybody cared how a game they don't like runs?

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 03, 12:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe the sheer stupidity of that man. He has no people skills, obviously a fed-up techie who is short of being a complete moron.
Look, about BV, I am going to touch this like it's an infected toxic waste soaked rag. I am not going to build my entourage of characters (I have a cast of a dozen that I have played since Sims 1) I am just testing objects till the patch comes out. So my game loads fine and very fast. But I had to block  it using my Kerio Firewall. I blocked it because I am so damn sick of software believing that by spying on what I do with it is a GOOD MARKETING STRATEGY. It's not. It's violating my civil right of privacy, so suck it up.

I just feel angry for the people that were smart, did the right thing, backed up their beloved game, only to play the expansion and find a trillion things wrong with it.
EA wants money because it's a company, and it loves cutting corners, upping the profit. I assure you they had a board who calculated the best time to release this EP and that time was now. Fuck what the bug testers, the developers or the content creators thought. And who suffers? The people who pay to suffer. US.  :evil:

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 03, 12:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh god, here's my rantage;

BV was playable, fun until I found out about the freakin' bugs. Now my sims' shuttle doesn't arrive, my sims' extra rewarded want slot from the vacation is gone and the whole NPC thing. GAH!! I'm playing with AnyGameStarter right now since I want to play but just not with BV until the patch comes out. And the patch usually screws some more things up, so yeah.

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
poopdeckswabber
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 03, 12:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have to throw my two cents into the fire here. I have BV rinning on a above par gaming computer that has no internet connection. There are no lags, yes I have a bunch of character files, but I also have community modders fix for that. My game is fine. Pets, on the other hand, still has problems. Anytime a pet comes home from work, I get a lag from hell. I have just quit having pets, fixes that, and I am free from pee spots and broken furniture. I did have problems with the nvidia card,thought so anyway. For me it was compatibility issues with Vista (another company that would benefit from testing their products longer).

ps I have no problems with securecrapamundo

liases:  Cadesmama2 and Angelicvictory and Littletimmysmom
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 03, 14:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4)  Links to paysites on our website.  I agree with the poster that it seems like a contradiction.  If that poster could save me some time and post the names of the sites in question I'd appreciate it and I'll take it to the web team.

On page 8 in response to Lorelei's post.  :shock: Moar bullshit.......... :roll:
They already have this information. *grumbing* "post the names of the sites".............. :evil:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
nordicicequeen
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 03, 17:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From my experience as a customer service representative, I can say that the right response to the situation (with dignity and respect for the customers feelings) would be:
"I apologize for the inconvenience you are suffering through. I understand that there are a lot of problems/bugs going on with the game. We are currently trying to work through these problems to better serve our customers. I would like to thank you for pointing this out to us, we'll be on it as soon as possible."

At my job we have a 4 step program called L.A.S.T.
Listen
Apologize
Satisfy
Thank

Every time someone calls on the phone with a complaint we have to use this.Haha. Sorry I talk on the phone to people for a job right now, and I finally got used to being screamed at and treated like crap. This is usually the best way to calm a customer down, I find, but you have to watch your tone, because even if you don't mean for it to sound rude or pretentious, it can.
seapup
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 03, 18:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still not 100% convinced that is actually maxoidsam. If it is, even signing up at a forum other than the BBS is way out of character.
shinyfairylights
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 03, 18:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From my experience as a customer service representative, I can say that the right response to the situation (with dignity and respect for the customers feelings) would be:
"I apologize for the inconvenience you are suffering through. I understand that there are a lot of problems/bugs going on with the game. We are currently trying to work through these problems to better serve our customers. I would like to thank you for pointing this out to us, we'll be on it as soon as possible."

Listen
Apologize
Satisfy
Thank

This is a wonderful strategy for any CSR. I work in customer support also, and they drill into everyone's head to be NICE, and always remember the problem the customer is having may not seem like a big deal to you, but to them it is a HUGE deal.

I could not imagine acting the way this guy does, and still be working here. It's the tester's job to produce a program that is as workable, and bug free as possible. It seems like they are creating the program, then just shipping it out, and skipping any sort of testing. Outrageous.

This is the ultimate of what makes me angry, since I work in a field like this I can understand getting frustrated with everyone complaining about the program you produce, but if your program has SERIOUS PROBLEMS you fix them, you don't just brush them off and try to turn away customers.

Ugh. I should probably stop now. But he comes off SO arrogant and rude. Then again, it may not even be him, like seapup said.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #23 on: 2007 October 03, 19:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Duckie"
That whole "beta tester" thing was only a bone thrown out to the masses to get them to shut up and forget the issues at hand. It worked, too.
It was only a temporary patch, because pretty much everyone realized it was empty air. I mean, sorry. Someone with MaxoidSam's attitude, and they expect him to actually say something real? Pfft.

And Poopdeckwabber, just wait. I was one of those people who was saying that she had no problems, until last night. The night before I had visited an "old" 'hood (pre-BV) and it was lagging on the 'hood view. But no bother, it was very street-heavy, and I figured it was just too many cars or somesuch..nevermind that it had never lagged pre-BV. Last night, my smaller, newer post-BV 'hood was lagging in neighborhood view. Then, on lots, speed 1 and speed 2 are both speed 1 as far as time-passing goes. It's annoying, and made me stop playing out of frustration.

I completely cleaned and defragged (not that it needed it, I just cleaned/defragged two weeks ago) and still am having the same issues.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #24 on: 2007 October 03, 19:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "kariminger"
Quote from: "Duckie"
That whole "beta tester" thing was only a bone thrown out to the masses to get them to shut up and forget the issues at hand. It worked, too.
It was only a temporary patch, because pretty much everyone realized it was empty air. I mean, sorry. Someone with MaxoidSam's attitude, and they expect him to actually say something real? Pfft.

Yea, I saw that when I went back to read the latest posts to the thread.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #25 on: 2007 October 03, 19:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm considering looking for the reciept, uninstalling BV (and H&M) and taking BV back(if it's still possible) or maybe trading them both in somewhere.
Great game, but the whole Sucku Rom spyware thing and all the glitches pisses me off. Just got rid of a serious spyware issue on my computer, then this happens :evil:
Also, why do they have the Maxoids handling this, don't they have a PR department?
It seems like that would be a more professional method.
Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #26 on: 2007 October 03, 20:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, I haven't bought the game in a long time, but it says a lot when the ARR version works better than the published one.

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #27 on: 2007 October 03, 22:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "nordicicequeen"

Listen
Apologize
Satisfy
Thank

My guess is that at EA, the maxoids have their own method for handling problems;

L.I.D.

Laugh it off: Because it's kind of funny some of the shit we get away with!
Ignore it: They'll go away eventually
Deny it exists: After all if we broke it, odds are we can't fix it
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #28 on: 2007 October 03, 22:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the ARR version come with SuckuRom?  I haven't even bothered with the ARR version cuz I figured it would come with the same shitty bugs.  If I can get one without that, then I want it NOW NOW NOW!

Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #29 on: 2007 October 03, 23:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I said in another post at MATY, I really don't see the logic of MaxoidSam responding to "your crap is broken AGAIN!" posts with a question designed to get responding people to think of praise for EA.

Simmers: Your crap is broken AGAIN!
MaxoidSam: Why do you keep buying out broken crap if it pisses you off so much?
Simmers: Why should we waste our time telling you what you do right? Fix your broken crap! Do you REALLY want us to stop buying your crap? Because we can do that, too. ARRRRRR!

And, in another MATY thread, a poll about BV and SecuROM is proving that, indeed, some folks are no longer comfortable paying EA money for borked shite. If you get it for free by YO HO HOing it, and it doesn't install SecuROM malware on your system when you YO HO HO it, and even works BETTER than the legal copy, what motivates people to buy the legal copy? I did, and I'm annoyed I did. It's still in shrinkwrap. I knew better than to install it right away.

Next time, it is ARRRRR! for me, legal or not, and dial-up or no dial-up. That is, if I bother to install the next crappy EP anyway. Teen crap SP? Hobbies EP? Is that really what they are going with? Not Superstar or Making Magic, like a buttload of simmers begged them to do? How stupid ARE they?

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: