PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 02:19:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 588357 times)
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #840 on: 2007 June 12, 08:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice one, ladygrainne!

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: 2007 June 12, 08:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, well done ladygrainne, and well said 404!

Will probs get deleted, so here it is -

Quote from: "404 at TSR"
I cannot believe the attitude of Dot, or Atwa for agreeing, in response to a simple request for poly counts. Seems to me I had to agree to the forum rules when I joined; are FA's exempt from these? One included respect for fellow members, and Dot's blatant insults towards ladygrainne are appalling. I'm amazed at the way you treat your "fans". And Dot, if most don't understand the poly count, then they will ignore it, and those that understand it (because I'm sure there are more than you would believe), will be grateful. If your items are not high poly, that is.

Well said *passes rum* Cheesy

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Aikane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: 2007 June 12, 09:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Tonks/Sims/sillyseason.png

I think the red text says it all Cheesy
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: 2007 June 12, 10:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am amazed it is still there.  That person with the pooh bear pic (I'm too lazy to go check out the user name) is a real bitch, also.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: 2007 June 12, 11:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"
I am amazed it is still there.  That person with the pooh bear pic (I'm too lazy to go check out the user name) is a real bitch, also.

Indeed  :shock:  Have you read her latest post? Someone needs to calm that person down...

And this is just...garfh:

It was yourself and Living Dead Girl who became confrontational. Apparently you're quite well at whatever is bubbling beneath pleasant and friendly... I really doubt that DOT or Atwa has anything do with a decline in subscriptions. Rather, it is likely people like...well, confrontational people that pick fights when someone was merely answering a question that was asked.

Its like banging your head against a brick wall... :cry: Is there any point in pointing out that LadyGrainne simply asked a question and has been attacked? And that people are being confrontational to her?!  :roll:

Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: 2007 June 12, 11:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"

She seems to have had rather too much of the TSR Kool-Aid and going by one of her posts in that has no idea that the FAs are paid. I'm sure as soon as someone enlightens her the thread will vanish.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: 2007 June 12, 11:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops. I just did.

Well, let's see if the thread will get deleted now. I was very polite, though, so if the thread is deleted, it is because TSR doesn't want people to know that the FA's get paid.

__
Edit:
And it is gone. Somebody else posted in that thread saying that Dot had insulted the whole sims community, then mine and that person's post were deleted, leavin only that moronic Pooh person's comment. And now the whole thread is gone.

Oh well, since I spent some time on writing that response, I might just repost it here.

Originally Posted by poohbear7882
To check the poly count for say, 20 meshes. Oh, my mistake...it only takes 5 seconds to load EVERY item into SimPE individually and check the poly when you're uploading a mesh set? That being the case, I've changed my mind...it should be required! Your SimPE must be a helluva lot faster than mine, because there's no way it takes 5 seconds to load up an object in SimPE. I noticed on your profile that you haven't had a mesh set published...this information, surely, comes from experience somewhere, though. And what are these "plenty of reasons to leave
TSR?" Care to share?

But LaidyGrainne's point was not how long it takes to check a mesh set in SimPe. The point was that the information should be supplied by the mesh creator, i.e. seller, not the downloader, i.e. purchaser. For example, when I had a sub here at TSR, I downloaded some meshes that did not have the polycount listed, but after checking the polycount with my SimPe, came to the conclusion that the polycount was unacceptably high for my computer and deleted those meshes. Had I been informed of the polycount beforehand, I would not have downloaded those meshes in the first place.

Now, the following analogy is a bit clumsy, but bear with me.
Not supplying the polycounts is bit like if a company (=TSR) that was  manufacturing certain kind of food (=meshes) refused to include the ingredients (=polycount) on the packaging. All fine and dandy, except that some people (=slower computers) are allergic to certain ingredients (=cannot handle the high poly count). Now, ingesting ingredients that you are allergic to can be dangerous, or even lethal. Having too high polycount objects on a sims lot can actually break you video card, or at least it will crash your game.

And MTS2, which is the biggest Sims2 fansite, requires the creators to add the poly/vertex count info in their downloads. I have not heard anyone complain about it, or threatening to leave because of this requirement. Quite the contrary, many people, including myself, see this as customer service and appreciate it. When I download something from MTS2, I can be certain that my game will not crash because of the high poly count.

Polycounts are not rocket science. Yes, many people do not care about them. They do not need to. But after my old video card started crashing my game because of high poly objects, I suddenly developed a keen interest in the poly/vertex counts. What is the use of having a nice looking high poly mesh in your game, if you cannot use it, because it will crash your game?

Originally Posted by poohbear7882
Paid? Bork???
Bork=break. Paid=FAs get paid based on the number of the downloads. I thought this was common knowledge?

Originally Posted by poohbear7882 View Post
It was yourself and Living Dead Girl who became confrontational. Apparently you're quite well at whatever is bubbling beneath pleasant and friendly... I really doubt that DOT or Atwa has anything do with a decline in subscriptions. Rather, it is likely people like...well, confrontational people that pick fights when someone was merely answering a question that was asked. Again, what are these other reasons you speak of?

Actually, LadyGrainne and LivingDeadGirl were asking a question that I thought was valid and relevant and one I had thought about many times. The answers they received were, if not rude, at least condescending. Had I been either one of them, I would have felt insulted too. I am an adult and quite capable of thinking on my own. The fact that I cannot mesh does not make mine or anyone else's question or opinion less valid.

And since the TSR subscribers are, indeed, paying for the meshes, it would be common courtesy to inform the downloader if the mesh they are about to download might actually break their computer.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: 2007 June 12, 11:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cant view the thread now  :roll:

It gone already? =/ Did you save what you wrote Alia?

alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: 2007 June 12, 12:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course. Nowadays I always do, when I am on censored forums.
Smiley

Already added it to my post above.

___
Edit:

Well, somebody was reading the forum.

Check this out:
http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=336931

For those who cannot read it for some reason
View Poll Results: Should we require poly count information on new meshes?
Yes       1    33.33%    
No       0    0%    
Don't care       2    66.67%    
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll.

Poly count information

Rather then starting a debate around this topic, I figured we'd poll the community on this and see how many of you would like to see this information as a requirement on new meshes. Any non-related topics will be removed so stay on topic and keep other insinuations or point of views to yourself.
Best regards,
Thomas O. Isacsson
The Sims Resource

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #849 on: 2007 June 12, 13:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unbefuckinglieveable.

Except....well....I'm not surprised. A few thoughts cross my mind:

1. Calling a request for information "an insult to my intelligence" is like calling a wig an insult to my hair.

2. It is clear these people don't go outside their litle community....a quick survey of any number of sites (Parsimonious, SIMcredible, MTS2) shows a concern for polys. Forums are FULL of questions about them.

3. If this Pooh person didn't know FAs were paid, wonder how many more don't know. That's important information for members to know.

4. Alia, your food analogy was perfect.

5. No rules at TSR? Heh....what a crock of shit.

6. This is just one more reason to DESTROY TSR.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #850 on: 2007 June 12, 14:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to add, since we know they read this - if you are making an item with a new mesh, then why don't you make note of the poly/vertices count _while_ meshing.  Then you don't have to reopen anything.

Logic, obviously some people have it in very short supply over there.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #851 on: 2007 June 12, 14:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what should be interesting, if they do start requiring poly counts, is seeing Sasilla and Birgit's.  Don't they generally make high poly items?

I don't see what the big deal is in adding them.  I also don't understand why Dot's response was so over the top.  It seemed a bit of an overreaction to a simple question.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #852 on: 2007 June 12, 14:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are the current vote results. I voted for poly counts. I haven't had crashing issues, but I purposely keep high PC items out of my game.

View Poll Results: Should we require poly count information on new meshes?  
Yes
    21 77.78%  
No    2 7.41%  
Don't care    4 14.81%  
Voters: 27. You have already voted on this poll.

Still watching you guys
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: 2007 June 12, 15:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tomato"
what should be interesting, if they do start requiring poly counts, is seeing Sasilla and Birgit's.  Don't they generally make high poly items?

:twisted:
They do. The Greedy Bitches might actually have to change their MO. Especially Sasilia.  :twisted:
God, she's a terrible bitch.
Called me a moron because I asked about her polycounts. :evil:

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: 2007 June 12, 15:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dot's post is absolutely infuriating and Atwa's agreement of it is just precious.. makes me want to puke.  ~_~

Poly counts should be required regardless how many understand it or not.  Those that do not can learn and those that do can help avoid potential damage on their games.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: