PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 01:06:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 912057 times)
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1725 on: 2008 December 01, 22:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're Not Worthy bingo card.

You win this!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Oh my, what can I say? I'm so honored!
I'd like to thank God and my manager and my mom, who lived through the great depression and understands the importance of entertainment, like bingo, and financially supported the creation of this new and improved super-card. You people have been wonderful! Remember, call 555-devilfish-bingo and donate to see more of this kind of etertainment add-free and without delay!

Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: 2008 December 01, 22:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can I has mine printed on a nemo themed bingo card?! That would be wayyyyy kewl !!!11EINZ!!  Grin

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: 2008 December 01, 22:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wilt posted in the staff area, hinting of big plans, a new announcement and trying like hell to repair his fuck up. It ain't working with me.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1728 on: 2008 December 01, 22:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wilt posted in the staff area, hinting of big plans, a new announcement and trying like hell to repair his fuck up. It ain't working with me.

ORLY? That's interesting.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1729 on: 2008 December 01, 22:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean right now? Or that post I read over at Oasis where he casually mentioned he was going to ban everyone who didn't play nice? If it's new, we canz haz quote?

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: 2008 December 01, 22:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some thoughts:

• For anyone to name themselves "hocake" in this day and age is hilarious.  I am wondering when BellaStrumpet will show up.
  • Delphy and Pescado talking to each other reminds me of when Pescado was on MtS2.  Hell has frozen over?
  • Devilfish is really hitting things out of the park in this thread.  She beat me to making that blinkie.
  • Paden not quoting what she is responding to is making it difficult for me to know what she's talking about.  Sad
  • I like threads like this because it lets me go adblock crazy over the new ugly avatars.  It beats the alternative of me bitching at the people with those avatars for no reason other than the their avatar fills me with rage from having to look at it.
  • This thread was a good reminder to not piss off Neriana.
  • DLM attempting to recruit friends from the refugees of Insim.. wow.  I'm always surprised by what she comes up with next.  I guess that's why she's my favorite troll!
  • Kenmtl, let me be your beard and be artificially inseminated with your babies.   Kiss

Oh, and.. *hands out dictionaries to our new members*  Welcome.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1731 on: 2008 December 01, 22:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's simple.  Don't donate to a website that has advertising.  

It's okay to ask for modest donations with a quiet little button over to the side, but NOT if you also have advertising on the site.

When you see a site owner having a donation drive or fundraiser to pay the bills run for your life!  Run even faster when you see the site owner only comes around periodically and is coincidentally always asking for money, as in the case with Kathy and Eric.

Perhaps too, it should be required of any site owner to make full disclosure of their finances if asking for money or donations.  If they won't or refuse, then maybe they can't be trusted.

Well I think this is a little too much to ask.  It wouldn't work at all for the following reasons.

1. If I had to disclose my finances to the community, I would just close the site - sims content be damned.
2. My disclosure wouldn't make any difference whatsoever - without proof it's so much demeaning hot air, and therefore I would have to show bills and pictures and proof.
3. All the creators who can photoshop well enough to *make* sims content, then they sure would be able to photoshop proof of ginormous bills. 
4. The country barriers are too much - would anyone know what Optus is, or what Telstra is, or what direct debit company I pay my rent with, outside of those who live in Australia, and go through my real estate agent?
5. I'd have to post information about how much I earn and disclose my real name and personal details to the community in order to be sure that it was me actually earning, and paying that much.
6. I'd then be exposed to identity theft over sims content.  TSR much?
7. What if I run a giant site, and have a small finite donation drive that seems fairly reasonable, but in order to get to that point, I defray costs with advertising. 

Delphy, Pescado and Wicked Nouk have all run donation drives over the last year, as well as many smaller sites, including Sublime Sims (my kind hosters). The difference is that each time, it was finite, the goal was known to everyone, the ending of the drive celebrated, and most importantly, it didn't happen without warning and without regularity (apart from Wicked Nouk that do it monthly, it didn't happen more than once).  They have the ring of truth to them because they are entirely predictable and fairly transparent while not disclosing personal information. They also finished, took down the notices to pay and promptly continued producing content. This is all that we should need in order to donate.

Must post this before my shadow catches onto what I'm doing. Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: 2008 December 01, 22:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, guys, had to read that shit and hop the hell off so I didn't bugger up the efforts. I needed to know what it said, otherwise I would have stayed the hell out. I will get a quote when/if I can.

Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1733 on: 2008 December 01, 22:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or that post I read over at Oasis where he casually mentioned he was going to ban everyone who didn't play nice? If it's new, we canz haz quote?

Walt posted over at Oasis?  Do you have a link handy or a quote please?

Edit:  Oops, I missread that.  Do you have a link of the post regarding Walt, that is over at Oasis?

Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: 2008 December 01, 22:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we haz a copy of what Walt Dismal's latest announcement is (minus any personal details if any)?

And I was a bit inspired by a few pages back. And the abuse on PooTube. And Britney Spears' latest X-Factor travesty! And it's just a lulworthy image anyway.

My crappy paint skillz. Let me show you them. Sad thing is, some nut will probably do this for real.
Julie J
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: 2008 December 01, 22:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I could get in and read it!

I'm staying off the site until Pescado has done his deed Smiley
I've been a member here for a while but was afraid to post before, I was mainly active on InSIM.

I thought it was hilarious when I saw DL trying to recruit people, I wouldn't go back there in a million years not even if there was no Sims sites left.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1736 on: 2008 December 01, 22:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can I has mine printed on a nemo themed bingo card?! That would be wayyyyy kewl !!!11EINZ!!  Grin

Cheesy Certainly

Edit:  Oops, I missread that.  Do you have a link of the post regarding Walt, that is over at Oasis?

Also yes: posted by caffeinated.joy on page three: http://forums.sim-oasis.com/index.php?topic=8.30
« Last Edit: 2008 December 01, 22:45:02 by Devilfish » Logged

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1737 on: 2008 December 01, 22:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, guys, had to read that shit and hop the hell off so I didn't bugger up the efforts. I needed to know what it said, otherwise I would have stayed the hell out. I will get a quote when/if I can.

Are you serious? After all the talk of making sure the 12s know, and yelling at people to keep off the site (what with just pages loading pulling off the server that little bit and interfering with the work that Pescado is doing - and like you're the only one doing that) you *still* went on?

Really - what is the point to telling anyone whatsoever to stay off the site if those that talk about how important it is, and how we should bear with them in this difficult time, can't even bloody control themselves? Why don't we all go and fucking gawk like we want to - efforts be damned - you don't give a shit and nor seemingly do other Insimmers who've reported they keep going back.  All the pirates, and people whose home wasn't Insim can control themselves and stay off the site for your benefit, but you can't sit and wait for a day or two to get the all clear? The people supposed to "care" about Insim don't give a shit - why should we?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: 2008 December 01, 22:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She got what she deserved: A swift ban from the site owner.

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1739 on: 2008 December 01, 22:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She got what she deserved: A swift ban from the site owner.

Who are you talking about? Your quote says:

Was it you going on today, or are you referring to the linked post made a day or so ago before Pescado's backup of Insim (by caffeinated.joy)?

Edited because in haste I attributed Paden's words to me.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 00:51:01 by calalily » Logged

Visit Calalilysims

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: