PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 18:54:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Paysite owners should get a hint.............
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Paysite owners should get a hint.............  (Read 7284 times)
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
Paysite owners should get a hint.............
« on: 2007 June 02, 18:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From sites like Simfantastic2. The guy that runs that joint has made three unofficial Stuff Packs already, with a fourth coming soon. But, hmmm, he doesn't charge for it, he doesn't bitch constantly about bandwidth costs. Yeah, some people might see the items in the stuff packs and go "Eh, no thanks.", but look at the overall principle. I don't ever recall seeing a paysite having an unofficial Stuff Pack (imagine how much they might charge for that if they did), yet here ya go, 3 free packs, with no whining, etc.Sites like that, and Paladin's Place seem to be rare. Nice things, with ZERO whining.....

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 02, 18:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He does beg for donations on like every friggin' page.. it's kind of embarrassing for him. x.x

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 02, 18:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where? You sure you're not confusing this site with a similar named site called Simcastic?

I just doublechecked the first....no begging there that I saw.......

http://www.simfantastic2.com/index.htm

http://www.simcasticdesigns.com/index.htm

missangelica
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 02, 19:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May not be the case now but used to have donation buttons when you clicked on the individual pages for what you wanted to download and on the main page and on the mini sites for the packs..

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 02, 19:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BionixWV"
Where? You sure you're not confusing this site with a similar named site called Simcastic?

I just doublechecked the first....no begging there that I saw.......

http://www.simcasticdesigns.com/index.htm

Melissa at simcastic designs doesn't beg for money either.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 02, 20:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, but I have come across 2 players online who confused the 2 sites, and I never really checked her site out yet, so that's why I brought up Simcastic.Sorry about that.......(sheepish grin)

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 03, 03:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
He does beg for donations on like every friggin' page.. it's kind of embarrassing for him. x.x

Even if he did, he just turned 15, so youth could actually be used as an excuse in this case.
bohemianscribe
Landlubber

Sailing the seven seas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 03, 12:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May not be the case now but used to have donation buttons when you clicked on the individual pages for what you wanted to download

The site is coded in frames so can't link to the actual specific page as I don't know the html name for it but in Downloads, Objects, I clicked on the first item and underneath the "Download Now", there is a button for "Make a Donation".

The site isn't bad though - I noticed there are reviews on the stuff packs which is always nice.

Edit:

He does beg for donations on like every friggin' page.. it's kind of embarrassing for him

Sorry, I only just came across that in the stuff packs section here. Scroll down towards the bottom.

Technically though or from what I read, he isn't offering a "gift" for donating so it isn't classed as a "sale". If he were to say, "I'll give you this if you donate", then it'd ceased to be a donation and become a "sale", from my understanding of it. It seems to be a voluntary donation anyway because you can still download the packs without donating.

Say Red Cross comes knocking and asks you to donate to their cause. You don't get anything in return other than a receipt to say you donated X amount of dollars.

Icon from here.
missangelica
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 03, 18:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I said donation because it would be an actual donation.  It is not a sell transaction.  I didn't say anything about him being a paysite.  

Having a donation button on that many pages is begging and I don't care how old he is or not.  I find it a little sad and embarrassing for him.  You can think what you want.

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 03, 21:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, are you just peeved that the button is on every page?  Because that's kinda silly.

People are lazy, I'd imagine they'd be too lazy to click to a link that said donation that led to a page with the button.  Besides, that'd be a link on every page and you'd probably still think it was sad or something.
bohemianscribe
Landlubber

Sailing the seven seas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 03, 21:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I said donation because it would be an actual donation. It is not a sell transaction. I didn't say anything about him being a paysite

I know. That last bit was just me thinking aloud.

I'm generally confused why people run a website if they can't pay the costs involved in having one. There's plenty of free webhosts out there to use. Granted, they ain't the ritz but they're free. I seem to be seeing the donation button quite often on personal websites too - it's a puzzle.

But to get back on topic, yeah I understand what Bionix is saying in regards to the overall principle of the thing, other things aside.

Icon from here.
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 03, 21:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "bohemianscribe"

I'm generally confused why people run a website if they can't pay the costs involved in having one. There's plenty of free webhosts out there to use. Granted, they ain't the ritz but they're free. I seem to be seeing the donation button quite often on personal websites too - it's a puzzle.

Aye, and there is the crux of the problem. Donations/pay, you nailed it succinctly.

ETA. If you cannot afford a website, then do not start one, expecting others to pay for it, let alone for yer starving chilluns.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
missangelica
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 04, 05:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quinctia"
Wait, are you just peeved that the button is on every page?  Because that's kinda silly.

Well, I don't know about "peeved" but last time I went to that site I was disgusted enough at it to stop surfing and not return.   :roll:

SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 04, 14:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no problem with putting a donation button on every page...if I choose to donate, I certainly don't want to have to hunt for the hidden, stealth donation button. I actually think that it is a good thing that Simfantastic makes it easy to donate.

If you don't ask for donations, you don't get them. MTS2 has a donation button on each page.  Cool

Still watching you guys
missangelica
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 04, 14:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

..The donation button is usually on the main page.  There's nothing stealth about it.  Is that so hard to go back a few pages when you decide you want to help out?  Really?  :roll:  (If this is the case then you really need some exercise to get some energy back.. -.-)

I don't see it on their main anymore though so you lazies can have fun with the donation button on every download.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: