PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 11:42:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  PIMP MY SIMS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PIMP MY SIMS  (Read 81772 times)
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #60 on: 2007 July 22, 22:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mm mm. Keep 'em coming honey, soon I'll be drunk enough to give a show that will knock all your eye patches off. :lol:

And I don't see anything wrong with backing up a pal, as long as that's what's going on and (s)he isn't using the PmS thing as an excuse to throw a tizzy.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #61 on: 2007 July 22, 22:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Kalliope"
It's kinda my fault I suppose (that you are going to pick on the Sims2studio-owner - she just made a clumsy copy of my note):

I am sorry! No update. And it will take some time...
You do ask yourself why? Well, let me explain it to you all:
Due to the discussions all over the Sims2 Community about destroying paysites I have been thinking alot about it lately. I'm not a big supporter of paysites but they do exist and they won't disappear. EA doesn't make a clear statement, so what are the reasons for some people to force other sites to close because they offer pay content?
Those people are worse than each of the paysite owners. They think they can judge about others, steal the work of them and offer it on so-called "pirate sites".
Congratulations, you all are the world's greatest heroes. Ever.
Did you ever consider that you are going to destroy the existing community as well? That you you are also cause hatred against free sites?
Thanks alot of taking away the fun creating stuff for the Sims2.

I just support Solander's decision to take Pimp My Sims offline for some days.

You should stop picking on sims2 creators. I was a bit shocked while reading in your forums. So much hatred... Don't you have a real life? Don't you know how the world looks outside of your computer?

So, now, go on and slaughter me and feeding me to the sharks. Have fun!

Ok I'm taking bets: This is either a Marilu asskisser or a Teko asskisser.

NO BETS UNDER 5 BUCKS AND/OR A BOTTLE OF RUM.

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #62 on: 2007 July 22, 22:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Kalliope"
It's kinda my fault I suppose (that you are going to pick on the Sims2studio-owner - she just made a clumsy copy of my note):

No, we have plenty of other reasons to 'pick on' Marilu. She's admitted her unrepentant greed and callousness. And frankly, her creations are not as good in quality as many free creators - buyer beware. (Her stuff completely borked my game.)

You should stop picking on sims2 creators. I was a bit shocked while reading in your forums. So much hatred... Don't you have a real life? Don't you know how the world looks outside of your computer?

We dislike greed. We dislike people who are in breach of a contract that expects user-created content to be free. We dislike the expectation that we should pay for - in many cases - poor quality.

We're pirates. We express our dissatisfaction in bold, open terms, We are NOT touchy feely 'thanksthisisgreat'. We speak our minds. And we are forthright.

Period.

If you read that as hatred, fine. We're not terribly inclined to change.

So, now, go on and slaughter me and feeding me to the sharks. Have fun!

I just think it's awful that - intended or not - we have gotten tied in with the idiots who make demands of free creators. We are not those people. We CELEBRATE free content - even the bad stuff.

Look. We get bombarded here too with demands that we upload the set from TSR that was just released five second ago, and subsequently get angry PMs when we say 'no', or worse, ignore them.

We are NOT the people who caused Kate to post her letter to the community. We are NOT the people who caused Solander to bring his site down (and I believe he's corrected his statements - thank you).

We ARE, however, the people who are making Marilu/Birgit/Sasilla/Teko/Thomas/Janna/Peggy/Rose/Mikey/etc. upset. THAT we can handle. As long as they are in breach of contract with EA, we'll continue to follow that contract, share their stuff, and poke sticks.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #63 on: 2007 July 22, 22:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they piggybacked essentially onto Solander's idea?  If that's the case then I apologize for calling you, Solander, a liar.  

The Teutonic Twats seem to hit new lows every day!  It's awe inspiring in a way.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Clementyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #64 on: 2007 July 22, 22:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I'm taking bets: This is either a Marilu asskisser or a Teko asskisser.

NO BETS UNDER 5 BUCKS AND/OR A BOTTLE OF RUM.

I'm in for 5 bottles on the Marilu asskisser!

url=http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/index.php?pid=Exchange]EA's Official Stance on Sharing Pay Files![/url]
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
A Sim In Time: Purtiful Sims For You
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #65 on: 2007 July 22, 22:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
So they piggybacked essentially onto Solander's idea?  If that's the case then I apologize for calling you, Solander, a liar.  

The Teutonic Twats seem to hit new lows every day!  It's awe inspiring in a way.

Accepted. I'm off now. Nice evening/day/morning or whatever.

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #66 on: 2007 July 22, 22:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HELL YES!  Raise the flag - go Mama Hec!  WooHoo!  

Red - I see your 5 and raise you 10.

Psst, Mikey, still cracking my ass up.  

*takes rum away from ry because we cannot have drunk pirates running amouk*

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #67 on: 2007 July 22, 22:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:cry:

Do I have to walk the plank now?
Or will you throw me in the brig?
 :lol:

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
FreakyBooty
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #68 on: 2007 July 22, 22:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All hail Hecubus and pointy sticks!  As for having no life outside of the computer, I don't recall anyone here claiming to spend eight hours a day creating meshes, and using that as a reason to charge for them.  Perhaps that person (Sasilla, if I'm not mistaken) should get a life, or a real job.
And for what it's worth, I've always liked PMS, and have expressed thanks in the guestbook.  Solander, I use your first kitchen set quite frequently, cause I like it lots.

Do what I do, assume everyone at TSR is a cunt. Then, you can only be pleasantly surprised if they exhibit non-cunty behaviour.  -- Capucine
I is LadyGrainne, and I is a thug.  Can I has a cookie?
Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #69 on: 2007 July 22, 22:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh please people it's only a few people who shut down their site. But why are we attacking a free creator. I thought this was PAYSITES must be destroyed, not free creators must be destroyed.

I also think it's a little funny that nobody attacked HP when she did something similar. She was planning to stop creating altogether.

Creating custom content is not just a walk in the park. It's hard shit, it takes less time to make barbecue ribs then to create a mesh. When people bitched at Kathy about the inSimenator did she have a right to get pissy? Absolutely, it took Eric almost 2 1/2 years to make that mod. He could've done many other things with his time but he did it for us. And Solander is sharing his high quality content. The meshes don't have glitches, no gaps or bleeding through walls, no sky high poly counts, and most of all he actually listens to you if you *respectfully* point out an error. Criticism like this makes creators want to stop sharing.

Who criticized Corinne (aka MissDirtyNapalm) when she stated that all the fire she gets from whiny children made her want to pull all her uploads and stop creating? Nobody. Nobody criticized HP either. I just think closing down the site for a while is Solander's way of making a wake-up call.

Point is, we want free creators to keep making wonderful content for us. He even stated that he wasn't attacking us or SFV. He just said that even though charging money for content may be wrong the movement may have given people the idea the creators are completely obligated to them. And they're not.

PS: I also remember HP's post being just as angry if not more than Solander's.

Formerly known as SlayerAngel)
Please ask about Monroe's Asylum-it needs your help!!

i can haz witchcraft?
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #70 on: 2007 July 22, 22:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slayer, if you read through the original letter, you can see our issue was that we were lumped in with the whiny idiots who harrass free site owners and some renagades who ARE actual content thiefs. We felt we were being blamed for something we simply did not do.

And as you can see, statements - and positions were clarified.

Slayer, I like you, but please...read the whole thread before making a comment that shows you haven't done your homework.

Remember, I have an axe!  Cheesy

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #71 on: 2007 July 22, 22:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who are you?

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #72 on: 2007 July 22, 22:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "evilredduckie"
Who are you?

THANK GOD SOMEONE FINALLY ASKED THE QUESTION!  I am so lost, I can't find my ass with a compass.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #73 on: 2007 July 22, 22:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the translation, damned if I know:

In this sense: The life is not Ponyhof, above all not for us amateur handicraftsman possible should we really once all for ne certain time make. GDL lets greet. Unfairly the people opposite, which are innocent at the thing and downloaden simply only gladly, but possibly must also times which on sides of the amateur handicraftsmen happened. Because I have no support that the Piratenseiten becomes ever more violent. We can be pleased so many things, nevertheless continue we. Also without a word of the Dankeschoens. Yes, it must be not times money. A simple THANKS does it sometimes also. But even one gets in the all-rarest cases!

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #74 on: 2007 July 22, 22:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:
I didn't know they made compasses for that type of thing, hun.

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: