PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 16:19:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 600334 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #1875 on: 2008 October 24, 16:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only reason I say a any of this now is this- someone told me that he envies my son because he'll always have it "easy" and be able to "skate" through life. Believe it or not, I managed to not kill that person.

Want me to wish upon that person exactly what they deserve for you?

It is people like that which bring up my righteous fury into full boil.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1876 on: 2008 October 24, 17:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only reason I say a any of this now is this- someone told me that he envies my son because he'll always have it "easy" and be able to "skate" through life. Believe it or not, I managed to not kill that person.

Having a kid with issues just shows you the overwhelming amount of absolutely stupid people in the world - with no thought or consideration for others, and what it's like to be in someone else's shoes.  We're lucky in that Aspergers is the sole issue for my youngest - nothing else to stack on top, and nothing else to deal with.  But my eldest son has spina bifida, and we've had idiots tell us that if we just tried hard enough, his issues would disappear completely.   Roll Eyes Dude - I never fucking thought of that - thank you.  And then there's the thoughtless arses who talk about disabilities as if they're a punishment or a lesson for the parent.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: 2008 October 24, 17:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone at church invited my father to an exorcism to "cure" my youngest sister's Downs' Syndrome. Because, y'know, it's TOTALLY demons that are her problem, not a faulty chromosome.  Roll Eyes

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: 2008 October 24, 18:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Want me to wish upon that person exactly what they deserve for you?

Nah. Thanks for the offer, but it's been done. Besides, while I may have refrained from killing him, it's going to take awhile before he can completely remove my foot from his ass.

But my eldest son has spina bifida, and we've had idiots tell us that if we just tried hard enough, his issues would disappear completely.

"Idiots"? Completely uneducated, ignorant jackasses is more like it.

And then there's the thoughtless arses who talk about disabilities as if they're a punishment or a lesson for the parent.

Not a punishment or lesson for the parent(s) at all. I firmly believe that God (not to drag religion into this) doesn't give anyone more than they can handle. You'd be surprised how many people consider their disabled or handicapped child (or children) a gift...not a curse.
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1879 on: 2008 October 24, 18:11:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are all right there are some pretty stupid/ignorant people out there in the world Sad

My little one is obsessed with dinosaurs and animals, particularly birds of prey and sea life.  We have millions of dinosaurs and he always groups them into herds, standing tallest to smallest. The herbivores one side of the room grouped around trees and the meat eaters the other side of the room.  I know the dangers of magnetix but I have to say it was the best thing I ever bought him, he builds amazing models, normally of dinosaurs and you can actually see which dinosaurs they are supposed to be.  I know he will never swallow any of it because he just won't put things in his mouth including food, we have that battle every mealtime!!  He reads encyclopaedias for pleasure (weird child!).   He was 7 yesterday and has already completed all of the english and maths they do in the 1st school with just under 2 years left there and got the highest score in both subjects within the school in his SATS which he took a year early, but things like playtime he sits in a corner on his own and roars at anyone who goes near him!  He has 1:1 support to help him remain in mainstream school.

Mustluvcats - I admire your restraint - I would have slapped them!

Devilfish - no offence taken, I find it very hard to maintain a straight face at times myself  Grin

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: 2008 October 24, 19:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like my brother when he was younger. He used to tell my mom, at the age of 4, that he wanted to be a paleontologist. He never mispronounced it. Now, he's actually going to community college and is going through the Vet Assistant program. He was telling me that he helped a cow give birth in class the other day (he lives in rural Missouri). He's such a good guy when he's on his meds but last year, he had a break down. He went missing for 5 months...no word to anyone. He finally remembered my cell phone number (out of my entire family's numbers to remember, heh) and called me. I happened to be sitting next to my mom while she was in the hospital for her diabetes at the time. It was such a relief to know that he was safe...made her day a lot better. It turns out he just got sick of everything, drove his car North from Texas until he ran out of gas somewhere in Missouri, left his ID, cash, EVERYTHING in his car and just started walking. When I think about what could have happened to him without an ID of any sort on him....I'm so glad he happened to find a farm that was kind of a church program. They took him in, helped him get his life back together...and when he finally felt like he could get back to his life, he called me. Now he's got a job, an apartment...he's stable, on meds, and seeing a therapist. He's happy, too. That's the most important part.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1881 on: 2008 October 24, 20:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran the page through google translator, so here it is somewhat readable.
link

Just to resurrect this, has anyone seen that this is gone?  Anita deleted the thread perhaps?  Did anyone think to screenshot the translation?

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1882 on: 2008 October 24, 23:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

link

Just to resurrect this, has anyone seen that this is gone?  Anita deleted the thread perhaps?  Did anyone think to screenshot the translation?

Fuck.

I did, and then removed it with all the other screensI never thought I'd have any use for.

KatrinaHighKick
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: 2008 October 24, 23:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

link

I can see it through the google cache (the original in Swedish). http://74.125.95.104/search?q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.busbraforum.se%2Fx%2Findex.php%3Fshowtopic%3D3537&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS283US284
Taking caps right now.

Paysites? Just say Arr!
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1884 on: 2008 October 24, 23:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah, gots them for real this time, translation and all  Grin

hollekat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: 2008 October 25, 04:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I'm a bit late to the subject but I wanted to pop in about the children with disabilities conversation.

I assist adults with mental retardation and/or developmental delays. I love my job. My guys live in a duplex and I come in for 10-12 hour shifts and help them with whatever they need. I have worked with people with violent behavioral issues, severe autism, cerebral palsy and other conditions. We work to help them find purpose in life and pursue it.

I worked with a guy with autism. He didn't speak and was very easily overwhelmed by other people. We discovered that he loved crushing aluminum cans and sort of helped him start his own business. We got containers and started collecting aluminum cans at our homes. He'd come over to our houses to pick up the cans, take them home, crush them and recycle them for a small amount of money. It was never a lot but it was a real job that he enjoyed and contributed to society.

I'm rambling. I just want to reassure you that there are caring people out there who will enjoy working with your child when they grow up. They will help them and they can have a full and meaningful adult life.

Back to lurking....
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1886 on: 2008 October 25, 05:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Google translated

http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient-menuext&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2F74%2E125%2E95%2E104%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dcache%253Ahttp%253A%252F%252Fwww%2Ebusbraforum%2Ese%252Fx%252Findex%2Ephp%253Fshowtopic%253D3537%26sourceid%3Dnavclient%2Dff%26ie%3DUTF%2D8%26rlz%3D1B3GGGL%5FenUS283US284

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
littlemisspirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: 2008 October 25, 06:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like there are a lot of good parents on this thread.  Personally, I was diagnosed with NLD (which is kind of a distant cousin to the autism spectrum) in conjunction with some serious ADHD, when I was 16, and let me tell you, it was a bitch finding that out so late.  Although in many ways I'm fortunate, I have all sorts of terrible habits to  break now and it's rough feeling like you're trapped inside your head.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: 2008 October 25, 14:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hollekat:  Huzzah that you were able to find out what the guy likes to do. You must be really good at your job. Smiley

Littlemisspirate:  I know what you mean by bad habits you've got to break. My older son was misdiagnosed for so long--and put on meds that did more harm than good--that his high school years were a disaster. Finally he was diagnosed with ADHD and put on the right meds.  But he's got to learn a lot of basic skills that flew right by him.

Sherrie:  What's the bit about the Monkey World? Cheesy

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: 2008 October 25, 15:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the bit about the Monkey World? Cheesy

Monkey World, when in England is like a GREAT PLACE with all sorts of really really wonderful bunch of guys

I like hanging out HERE when in Florida

Grin

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: