PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 16:38:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  It happened...Beosboxboy from Insim questioning my masks...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: It happened...Beosboxboy from Insim questioning my masks...  (Read 9263 times)
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
It happened...Beosboxboy from Insim questioning my masks...
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 04, 23:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man,lol....this ain't my day. Go to TSR to compile a couple lists of the celebs I maskified, only to find TSR is on the blink for maintenance. I'll be over in the corner here, sucking down rum & vodka, and vodka for real here at home,lol. What paysite god did I piss off today? Oh well........

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
Capucine
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 04, 23:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BionixWV"
What paysite god did I piss off today? Oh well........

Consider your day a fruitful one! :wink:

size=9]Rum is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of The Sims Community.[/size]

The cake is a rich, moist and delicious lie.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 04, 23:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, fine, point is, someone here twisted what I said, and told Kathy I was bashing him, which I never did. All I did was relay what he said, and what I replied, and asked a question here about him. Kathy pm'd me and said "one of her staff" read what I put here and I was bashing him, and more or less, IF I read it right, that was embarrasing or something,and I should have pm'd people here about it. I dunno. Like I said, I took the one SAME ruling by all 3 creators at the face value: I didn't post sims. And I bet I could go find at least 10 downloads right now at Insim that has CC that the original creators said the same thing, yet, since I came out in the open........I left my toys there that were ok with all, but what's good for the goose, is good for the gander, that's all I ask. I'm not mad at anyone at Insim, just maybe they should read creator rulings a lil more thorough next time. I'll be glad when the paysites are all whacked out......I've made many a cool lots with things from here, transformed many a skins and sims, and would love to share, but hey........can't win them all, huh?

I'd just point Kathy over here to your post, if you feel you were wronged so she can read it. But, I wouldn't get too upset. I really think Kathy was just trying to keep the drama at bay. We seem to have a lot of that circulating these days.

And there you go Dew is offering to upload them for you. She's the best now if I could just convince her to make some understandable tutorials, you know the kind you find in the for dummy books lol

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 04, 23:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still don't know why you tried to post at Insim when we all advised you to go to SFV, where the rules are MUCH more relaxed.

The admins at Insim have pretty clear creator rules....not sure why you went around that to ask an admin, who gave you at best a conditional 'yes'.

Your creating this second thread just smacks of....drama. Sorry, but that's how I read it. Put them up at SFV or Dewshine... and let it be.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 05, 00:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hec, I am, waiting on word from Dew, and I've asked for help for SFV, since I got lost over there.Ok, it may smell like a lil drama, but it's like this: I hate double standards, I go by the book, spoken word or written, and more. I only went to Insim when I got lost trying to figure out posting at SFV.I can't say it plainly enough, to me, when someone sez "Don't post my sims anywhere" , I read it as "Ok, so I won't post the WHOLE sim" anywhere, but I can morph, convert, etc, parts of the sim, and post, and give credit to the original creator." I have only seen a handful of creators state that nothing can be done to their creations, any part or whole. Hell, I have a lot on the main exchange that's been there for some time, rated 4.51, with only 50 downloads, and if someone wants to download that, and change parts of it, and reupload it, they can go right ahead. I know I posted somewhere here bout stealing, but honestly, if someone were to try and say they made that lot I made, it wouldn't faze me in the slightest. Yeah, I gripe "for" other people if you can call it that about this subject, but oh well. I'm ending my part on this thread with this: Dew has invited me, so now I'm waiting, and I'm waiting on someone from SFV to help me out. I'm 34, can tear apart computers blindfolded, but games, and forums, and doing all that crazy shit to files, I'm in the dark.I am slowly learning though, so bear with this crazy hillbilly,ok?

dewshine
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 05, 00:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just sent you a reply.
evilragdoll
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 05, 00:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Capucine"
What paysite god did I piss off today? Oh well........

Consider your day a fruitful one! :wink:

I'd say every day you manage to piss off a paysite 'god' is a well-spent day... "As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death".
(Leonardo da Vinci).
 :wink:
Arr!

ETA: BionixWV, your location frightens me. Do you fly? :shock:
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 05, 01:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I sent links to dew via pm here for the masks, so if it's alright, here's the link to them as well:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/2883761/6106dc7d/sharing.html

I only have 10 of Jirka's celeb sims converted so far, equaling 20 masks.
Oh, btw, each "face" has been converted into 2 masks, one facemask, and one full head/facemask.

All told, there's 127 masks at that link above

84 for ChazDesigns
27 for Ollewoor
20 for Jirka

Quote from evilragdolly
ETA: BionixWV, your location frightens me. Do you fly?

Only when I have about 6 screwdrivers in me,lol.

dewshine
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 05, 01:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BionixWV,

I got the files.  I shall look at them in game and try to get some pictures.  I'll also do some sorting so that they masks are in smaller archives.  That way I can link up each archive with a collage for it so people know what they are downloading.

I'll make sure that you name is put on the files if they are not already.  Do you want me to use your avi here to mark the collages like how I'm marking DumbBlonde's items for the Trashed Set?
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 June 05, 01:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that be fine. Just make sure people know I didn't create the source material for the masks;I just morphed the faces into masks. That lil bit of work, a total of 5 hours so far, I have done.

dewshine
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 05, 01:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I plan on giving credit to the original skin / celebrity sim maker as well.  

I'll provide links to the pages on TSR for people who want to buy the sims first, lol.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 05, 03:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can post them in this forum

http://www.simsfilevault.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=29

Simply start a new thread, upload to a free file host, and please at least credit whose work you used.

As for your problem with Insim.  It comes down to the fact many creators, especially those who have exclusive/pay content are overly concerned about anyone touching their work.  Did you honestly believe that Chaz wouldn't care about this because of your interpretation of his wording?  I never read any TOU on the kid and I could tell you if he knew about it he would probably be pissed.  

At the SFV, a filesharing based forum we don't care if others take a crack at improving work, more specifically if it's work that you had to pay for in the first place.  

Insim is a great place, but it's not going to be like PMBD and the SFV in terms of whiny little paysites, and we have to respect that.  It was pretty clear from what Kathy said that it could remain so long as it didn't become an issue.  It's not a double standard issue, it's just a drama issue.  There are only really a couple of forums where you can sink your teeth into these sorts of issues and we have to respect that.  Hell after stewing about a certain comment, I wanted to post again today on the paysite thread at S2C, but I noticed it had considerably dropped down the forum, and ya know sometimes you just have to let things go.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
fionaskye
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 05, 03:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Late to the game but wanted to point something out...

It's the old "letter of the law vs. spirit of the law" debate.  Yes, the creators of the original Sims upon which your masks are based said "Do not post my SIMS anywhere", but I'm guessing that because they (conceivably) spent a lot of time perfecting the appearance of said Sims, they might not appreciate finding masks of their hard work floating around.  Notifying them and getting their "blessing" before doing your project might have been a good thing - if they're decent people, they might even have been really excited about it.  I know I would have been.

And yeah, I know this wasn't particularly piratey of me, but sometimes, someone's gotta play Devil's Advocate.  If y'all want to keelhaul me and deny me my rum-and-brown-sugar-soaked Orlando and Johnny action, so be it.  Meh.   :cry:

Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 05, 08:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Sherry"
You can post them in this forum

http://www.simsfilevault.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=29

Simply start a new thread, upload to a free file host, and please at least credit whose work you used.

As for your problem with Insim.  It comes down to the fact many creators, especially those who have exclusive/pay content are overly concerned about anyone touching their work.  Did you honestly believe that Chaz wouldn't care about this because of your interpretation of his wording?  I never read any TOU on the kid and I could tell you if he knew about it he would probably be pissed.  

At the SFV, a filesharing based forum we don't care if others take a crack at improving work, more specifically if it's work that you had to pay for in the first place.  

Insim is a great place, but it's not going to be like PMBD and the SFV in terms of whiny little paysites, and we have to respect that.  It was pretty clear from what Kathy said that it could remain so long as it didn't become an issue.  It's not a double standard issue, it's just a drama issue.  There are only really a couple of forums where you can sink your teeth into these sorts of issues and we have to respect that.  Hell after stewing about a certain comment, I wanted to post again today on the paysite thread at S2C, but I noticed it had considerably dropped down the forum, and ya know sometimes you just have to let things go.

This sure as hell ain't been my day, Sherry. I go there, spend several minutes typing up a post and adding file and image links, go to preview.....

AND GET A DAMN CGI ERROR PAGE........and everything I just did is wiped out...........

I'm not mad at the SFV crew, the software used there I am however,lol. I'll try again later today after work. I dropped my smoke when I saw everything I just typed and such went POOF!

Capucine
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 05, 09:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the error message? Is it possible your router or firewall is blocking the upload of the file? Have you tried with a different web browser?

Edit: Oops, automatically assumed the file is attached and uploaded with the post. Anyway, my browser advice still is valid...

size=9]Rum is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of The Sims Community.[/size]

The cake is a rich, moist and delicious lie.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: