PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 08:47:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Carla Niven vs. Rat Productions
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Carla Niven vs. Rat Productions  (Read 50583 times)
beawaywithit
Landlubber

View Profile
Carla Niven vs. Rat Productions
« Reply #180 on: 2007 January 20, 10:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder which one of Carlew's models won his competition? Wink because he SURELY cant let *anyone* else be on his site... they might make it pretty!!
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2007 January 20, 10:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest creation, they changed Enter pic too.
http://www.carlaniven.netfirms.com/page%202.htm

I think trying to imrove style of dress, not crazy about the pattern. BUT worst its the java flashing thing below it, hurts my eyes!

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2007 January 20, 16:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah carla niven is trying to improve, but damn shit's site!  it makes my pc freeze everytime.....

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
Electricstatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: 2007 January 20, 16:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit's site makes me cry. Sad It seems like a poor man's SeraSims. But at least Sera has some free things (and navigation that doesn't quite make me want to claw my eyes out).
« Reply #184 on: 2007 January 20, 16:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Folks, you sound fucking stupid when you truncate s/h/it to shit. You're completely losing the subtlety and meaning of doing it the right way in favour of using an obvious and unimaginative curse word.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: 2007 January 20, 17:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Liegen: Digital Perversion is AWESOME. I LOVE that site!! I use most of it. :wink:

Soup: It's water reflection. Allegedly. What I want to know is why the model is next to water in the first place.

That is the foulest top in the world. But it WOULD look better with a camisole. It might even look alright with one beneath it.

I still maintain it's one bloke. Think about it; how on earth do you persuade MORE blokes to join a SIMS site? Where you make REALLY CRAP STUFF. I don't think any self-respecting bloke would take Carla up on his offer.

If it's a girl, as alleged by shit's Ginster account on S2C, I'm wondering whether she's gay, or this is how she wants to look. Like a slag with a bad nose job.

Back to the bloke; if it's a bloke, why aren't the models pretty? You'd think they would be.

Aww, poor 300. You really deserved to win. It's irritating how the contest was finished, but it did say by the 18th...we'll be able to see by the 25th who won, though! Then we'll be able to take the piss some more. :wink: Which one's the ugliest coz that one'll win, methinks.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: 2007 January 20, 17:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"

Soup: It's water reflection. Allegedly. What I want to know is why the model is next to water in the first place.

She's contemplating whether or not to drown herself in shame.

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: 2007 January 20, 17:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RageRage"

She's contemplating whether or not to drown herself in shame.

Aha. Of course it is. I was wondering, but thanks for clearing that up for me!! Can we give her a hand, please? :wink:

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: 2007 January 20, 18:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i dont know.  some of the stuff on her site is nice.  i wouldnt pay for it, but id use it for free.  lol

what makes me laugh is the meshes people make.  they expect one to pay for it but not to share it once its purchased.  bitch, please!  if its mine, i will share it if i want.

the second thing that gets me is the mesh created by someone else used to make money for the one who bought it or stole it.  damn, people got alot of nerve.  lol

I'm an asshole in real life too, so now what?

Visit Pirate friendly Sim~Antics
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: 2007 January 20, 19:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlackPearl"
i dont know. some of the stuff on her site is nice. i wouldnt pay for it, but id use it for free. lol

You poor, poor, misguided fool.

what makes me laugh is the meshes people make. they expect one to pay for it but not to share it once its purchased. bitch, please! if its mine, i will share it if i want.

But, but! I made it!! It's mine! I'll make up whatever TOS I want cuz it's MINE!! You can't do anything with it! It took my TIME DAMMIT! And, and! I made it! You BOUGHT it! Therefore, it's, um, like you wouldn't buy a lamp and repaint it and sell it on!! It's MINE I TELL YOU!!

Actually, that's a good analogy. *thinks* Even though I hate paysites. That may actually be their attitude to it.
Of course, that's also a good analogy as to why Paysites Must Be Destroyed; EA theft ad nauseum.

the second thing that gets me is the mesh created by someone else used to make money for the one who bought it or stole it. damn, people got alot of nerve. lol

Precisely one of the reasons we hate Carla and TSR so much. You shouldn't be able to make monies out of somebody else's free mesh, nor should you be able to charge for your recolours of somebody else's pay mesh. It means that people have to donate to the other site in order to get the mesh. It's linking, really. Shouldn't be acceptable.
And even if you don't charge for this, it comes back to your other point; why shouldn't you be able to share the pay mesh you bought? After all, you bought it, and nobody's going to download the outfits you made because they'd have to pay to the site you got the mesh from.

zatanna
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2007 January 20, 20:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rat productions is definantly better!
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2007 January 20, 20:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "yamikuronue"
hey, how about this model I found lurking in the back of my bodyshop? it's maxis-created, it MUST be purty enough for Carla...

FUCK. WHAT THE SHIT?!?!

That is all.

Except, aww, I missed the deadline. I had a lully sim to enter, too. Sad

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2007 January 20, 20:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Therefore, it's, um, like you wouldn't buy a lamp and repaint it and sell it on!! It's MINE I TELL YOU!!
Actually, that's a good analogy. *thinks* Even though I hate paysites. That may actually be their attitude to it.

While that is what they think (other than "I worked so hard you should pay me!), the rights and permissions are very different between physical objects and program files.

But if you want a physical objects analogy, say Jane pastes over the labels on a case of Pepsi and tries to sell it as "Jane's Cola Soda".
Why should Pepsi have a problem with this? After all, stores sell cases of Pepsi all the time! She paid for the soft drinks, didn't she? Jane worked very hard on the label! She might even have redesigned the bottle!

Problem is, those stores have an agreement with Pepsi to sell their product (part of why restaurants usually have Coke or Pepsi, not both.)
Jane didn't do the research that led to the formula for Pepsi. Even though she paid for the case of Pepsi, she didn't pay for the right to sell it as her own drink. If another company wanted to sell Pepsi under their own brand, they'd have to pay for the privilege.
Jane didn't bother.

People think of individuals differently than they think of companies. If a company tried to sell sims files without permission, few people would argue that company had The Right because they worked so hard.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: 2007 January 20, 21:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "LesserOr"
People think of individuals differently than they think of companies. If a company tried to sell sims files without permission, few people would argue that company had The Right because they worked so hard.

Now THAT'S a point.

torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2007 January 20, 21:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the contest ending. Don't worry guys, you could all still send him the pics of your lovely models just to show him how much you love Carla Niven.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: