PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 15:28:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I smell bullshit
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I smell bullshit  (Read 100208 times)
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #60 on: 2006 December 13, 09:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice that Thomas has made mention of TSR Ambassadors. I wonder if that is why Cyclonesue was seen spamming the S2C forum with her shit, complete with pictures. Or why Windkeeper felt it necessary to announce on behalf of TSR that subs are dropping.

WELCOME, TSR PIMPS! WE ARE LAUGHING AND SPITTING IN YOUR FACES!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #61 on: 2006 December 13, 10:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dear...  I have bought a family pack of peppermints now to combat my increasing nausea spells.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #62 on: 2006 December 13, 14:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surelyfunke - LOVE the huge post.

I've been back on TSR this morning checking on "the thread". God, it's going crazy and the admin and FAs are still spreading warm, fuzzy bullshit and belittling the "little" people. If they got knocked off their FA highhorse because of the new system they'd be pissed too, but it doesn't effect them. Bah, stating we all start from zero and they lost their gold cups too, whatever. They're FAs, they'll have it all back in a day. I don't have any sympathy for those skanks. Their shit doesn't stink over at TSR and they get whatever they want. It's obvious now that it was all the FAs bitching about the downraters and wanted a new system put in. What? Can't take the heat of someone not liking your shit creations? Perhaps they really are shit, ever think of that?

Yeah, TSR Ambassadors. I think we already know who those will be. Jesus.
cleveralias
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #63 on: 2006 December 13, 20:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quite. Thomas only listens to his pet FAs, the ones who make the most meshes. The rest of them he treats as shittily as he treats everyone else who doesn't kiss his ass.  :x

As for already knowing the ambassadors? I'm sure it will be the little group of Thomas' moneymakers, too.  :roll:

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"
Their shit doesn't stink over at TSR and they get whatever they want. It's obvious now that it was all the FAs bitching about the downraters and wanted a new system put in. What? Can't take the heat of someone not liking your shit creations? Perhaps they really are shit, ever think of that?

Yeah, TSR Ambassadors. I think we already know who those will be. Jesus.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #64 on: 2006 December 13, 20:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly. Ass kissers.

FA or no FA, if he treated me like that I'd be out of there. Nobody needs to put up with that shit.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #65 on: 2006 December 13, 22:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR Must Be Destroyed makes me happy. In My Pants.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #66 on: 2006 December 15, 19:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing is stopping you now from painting and sewing. You can stop creating for them whenever you want. I hate to see people be sims slaves. Really, if you want to have a richer life, live it. Don't be so involved in the sims community. Don't create. Don't make people happy. Make yourself happy. You're under no obligation to create for us or anyone else.

It's one thing to work for Maxis and do it because it's your job. Heck, I think Maxis should wake up and hire some FAs from TSR. The content would be better. But to do it for a site that's making money off it beyond covering expenses and one that isn't very appreciative of the underlings just doesn't sit well with the simming community.

TSR will only go under if TSR does it itself or EA/Maxis goes after them.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #67 on: 2006 December 15, 20:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, but we are here because TSR has been nasty to some of us and yes, not all FAs are bad and not all FA creations are bad. We know that. But, that does seem to be who gets favored over there and the new changes reflect that.

I'm glad to hear you haven't agreed with everything that's gone on over there recently. But some FAs that don't agree with admin should speak up in the forum as well. If you really feel that way. Instead there's the filtered version of the US vs THEM.

Just the fact that you can't control what TSR does is enough to leave. It's OK. I have to say, the recent changes on TSR are what killed my fun. Really. Just like what finding this site did to you. I no longer have ambition to create nor to share my stuff any more. I was no superior creator but I did it for fun. I enjoyed it and wanted to share so people that don't create could have it, if they wanted it. Now I feel pretty worthless over there and I guess I'll just keep my creations to myself now rather than give TSR free reign on everything.

You know you do good stuff. I like it. I got it from TSR and paid for it to boot with a sub. I used to believe in TSR but not now. It's gone too far and it's not as "good" as it was. It makes me sad really. It was a good site. I would think better of FAs if I saw some leave because they did not agree to what has been going on. Have your own site done, get with a buddy, do something about it. Or, walk away.

As a person who creates (or created) TSR hurt me a lot and I was just a little person. I think they've hurt too many and it needs to stop, but since they won't go away, the creators need to leave. Sooner or later the bully won't have anyone to bully anymore.

Maxis is looking at their bottom line, not TSR's. Why not recruit? Pull it away from TSR and have it for themselves. It would only make their game better.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #68 on: 2006 December 15, 20:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "shannanigan"
I do it because I love it.... in fact I loved it very much until I found this site and started reading all the nasty things you guys say about us FAs. Why should I make people happy when they jab a knife in my back while making off with my goods that are supposedly garbage? You guys have stolen more than my stuff... you have stolen my fun.

If what random people say on the Internet bothers you that much, you probably need to grow a thicker skin. The fact of the matter is that if you are associated with something that the people speaking don't like, you are going to be painted in a similarly negative light. If it's not true, why does what they say bother you? If it is true, maybe they have a point.

I know you all think FAs control their work.. but we have no control over what TSR does. Not all of us FAs were happy about all the changes at TSR lately. Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't booted me off the island for some of the things I've said. (Of course being here might just give that final push.)

Have you considered simply defecting? The Fatheaded One is working on opening a site for hosting the works of those who defect. We'll have reports on that within a week.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #69 on: 2006 December 15, 20:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What an excellent idea! I don't suppose the "little guys" get to defect too? Just FAs and SAs?

I say stand up and be heard. If they don't like it, fine. You can find a place elsewhere and feel better about yourself to boot.

Oh, that first part you just added. I think you said it rather nicely.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #70 on: 2006 December 15, 20:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do it because I love it.... in fact I loved it very much until I found this site and started reading all the nasty things you guys say about us FAs. Why should I make people happy when they jab a knife in my back while making off with my goods that are supposedly garbage? You guys have stolen more than my stuff... you have stolen my fun.

I know you all think FAs control their work.. but we have no control over what TSR does. Not all of us FAs were happy about all the changes at TSR lately. Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't booted me off the island for some of the things I've said. (Of course being here might just give that final push.)

And aside from all that.... none of you are infallible saints. You've got no room to judge anybody's ethical standards.

Oh and one more thing.... Maxis has contacted some FAs. I think if they had a problem with anything, they wouldn't have been interested in talking with us. You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill to justify what you do here....

Maybe I missed it, but I see lots of criticism of TSR and how Thomas runs it, but I haven't seen a lot of criticism of the FA's work, well OK, Chaz, but please...

I remember when you used to post at MTS2. That's really good stuff I still use in my game.

I think most everyone thinks TSR is rather a cancer living off talented people like you, buying up free sites and claiming complete rights to all their work.

At least that's how I look at it.
momoryde
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #71 on: 2006 December 15, 20:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'know, I'm a paying TSR member, and you're one of the main reasons I'm willing to shell out the $49.95 a year for a sub (because I'm a complete sucker for retro stuff, having an entire '50s hood), but I call bullshit on this.

What part of creating do you find fun? Obsessing over a mesh/texture, tweaking it to get it "just right"? Filesharing in no way makes that less fun, because it doesn't even affect it. Having a community of people who like your stuff / make similar stuff / post recolors of and do neat things with your meshes? You could maybe argue that filesharing makes it less likely for people to give the thanks and the warm-fuzzies, but there are plenty of people who pay for site subscriptions (like yours truly) who shun any kind of interaction at all, and probably plenty of people who aren't willing or able to pay for a sub to TSR who would happily give you the warm fuzzies if they could (say, if you stuck all your stuff on MTS2, instead.)

Really, the only aspect of being a paysite creator filesharing interferes with is YOU MAKING MONEY, and while I'm sure that's a sweet bonus when you can pull it off, I object to the notion that counts as "fun".

If you want to argue that PSMBD is ruining your PROFITS, okay, sure, but at least be honest about that.

I know you all think FAs control their work.. but we have no control over what TSR does.

Then post all your stuff to MTS2, which does.

EDIT: And because I realize that I probably sound slightly bitchier than I intend, I'd like to point out that I really do adore your stuff and think you're one of the better FAs on TSR, and I would be bummed if you stopped creating. Still, if you'd rather spend your time sewing or crafting or whatnot, especially if creating really isn't fun for you anymore, go for it. Don't torture yourself doing something that's not fun for you anymore, especially for a site that seems to treat people as badly as TSR.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
I smell bullshit
« Reply #72 on: 2006 December 15, 20:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well said momoryde.

I love making content too.  Lots of people do.. and lots of people manage to make content without asking for anything in return.  I dont charge because it makes me feel really warm and fuzzy every time I see a sim photo with something I made in it Smiley  Seeing that people enjoy my work enough to show it off it payment enough.

*end mushy-gushy rant.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #73 on: 2006 December 15, 20:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"
I say stand up and be heard. If they don't like it, fine. You can find a place elsewhere and feel better about yourself to boot.

Standing up and being heard is what this place is all about, after all. The fact of the matter is that the sims filesharing community has been around as long paysites have. It has largely carried on underground, in relative silence.

BUT I REFUSE TO BE SILENT! Paysites must be destroyed!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #74 on: 2006 December 15, 20:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's right, none of the TSR FAs need to be posting their stuff to TSR.  The enjoyment they get from creating and sharing need not be affected by the presence or absence of that site - still less if it simply went voluntary donation like MTS2.

Edit:  Why does someone always interrupt just as I am about to post - now no one knows who I am saying that's right to Tongue

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: