PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 22:59:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 590983 times)
Felix
Landlubber

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1890 on: 2007 September 25, 13:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The poll is probably a trap. :lol: (It would be pathetic if that's true...)

I don't understand the meaning of the last question....  :?
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1891 on: 2007 September 25, 13:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kariana, read Netseekers post entitled "My Story as an Artist on TSR & The Inside Machinations" found here

http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/viewtopic.php?t=1312&start=0

It may answer a few of your questions Smiley

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1892 on: 2007 September 25, 14:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Kariana"

I'm sure I read somewhere (the FAQ maybe?) that TSR was based in England, but I've just read a post here which seems to suggest it's based in Sweden. Which is it? Also I get the impression that this is at least one (if not more) persons main source of income. That just seems to fly so much in the face of the EULA that I feel the need for confirmation. Is it true? Finally how much are they paying their FA's? It must be a nice sum to induce them to give up their own sites and migrate over to TSR. If this is indeed being run as a business I wonder if they declare them as employees? I'm confused by the whole thing!

Sweden

I don't know if it is a main source of income for most, but it could be for some of the more popular FA's.

FA's are paid by the number of subscriber downloads.  So much for each block of 10,000 downloads.  They might also get a certain amount for each set submitted, but I am not sure about that.  

More than likely (and again, I am not sure this is just a guess) FA's are considered contract or freelance workers.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Pirate tARRt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: 2007 September 25, 14:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"
TSR is based in Sweden.

Oh god, I think I'm gonna die...

Rawr!
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1894 on: 2007 September 25, 14:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tomato said;
More than likely (and again, I am not sure this is just a guess) FA's are considered contract or freelance workers.

Tomato is right. Most likely they are Independent Contractors who by the way are responsible for paying their own taxes.

Heres a link to the IRS & article on "Independent Contractors vs. Employees".  

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=99921,00.html

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1895 on: 2007 September 25, 14:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The owner, Steve Bonham, however, is English.

That could be the source of the confusion.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
amapola
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: 2007 September 25, 14:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i found it today on tsr:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/galilea/downloads/premium/sims2/lots/

My english is bad but i want to say you THANK YOU VERY MUCH  Cheesy

im 13 years old and i dont have money to pay things for my favorite game the sims 2 and i was very sad, but now i can play with beautiful items in my game
thank you guys thank you thank you thank you ^^
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: 2007 September 25, 16:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "amapola"
i found it today on tsr:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/galilea/downloads/premium/sims2/lots/

My english is bad but i want to say you THANK YOU VERY MUCH  Cheesy

im 13 years old and i dont have money to pay things for my favorite game the sims 2 and i was very sad, but now i can play with beautiful items in my game
thank you guys thank you thank you thank you ^^
Please read the FAQ, kiddo. No requests. It will be in the booty when it can safely be placed there.

And the issue isn't having money to pay for it. It's illegal to charge for it, and by extension to pay for custom content not created by EA.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1898 on: 2007 September 25, 16:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WB, I just noticed your sig.  Cheesy
I'll be with you as soon as the barnacles are settled.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Kariana
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: 2007 September 25, 21:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all the info, I read Netseekers post as well. Some of the stuff that goes on there is just unbelievable!

Quote from: "tomato"

I don't know if it is a main source of income for most, but it could be for some of the more popular FA's.

I meant for Steve and Thomas and people like that? Isn't it run by them as a business or something? I thought I read that somewhere and I assumed it meant they were probably making a lot of money of it but of course that's so blatently against the EULA that I thought I might have misunderstood.
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1900 on: 2007 September 26, 06:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

its a business, nothing more, which is why I'm perplexed that some people still refer to TSR as a 'fan site' the only thing Tomass is a fan of is money.

in his own words he descibes TSR as a business (the  sentance is highlighted)

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3825/tomassip4.png

again he describes TSR as a business during a conversation in swedish which atwat tranlated into english (again I have highlighted the sentance in PSP)

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4159/atwatqb1.png

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
nohead
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: 2007 September 26, 06:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sherrie"
its a business, nothing more, which is why I'm perplexed that some people still refer to TSR as a 'fan site' the only thing Tomass is a fan of is money.

in his own words he descibes TSR as a business (the  sentance is highlighted)

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3825/tomassip4.png

again he describes TSR as a business during a conversation in swedish which atwat tranlated into english (again I have highlighted the sentance in PSP)

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4159/atwatqb1.png

So those are emails sent to you from TSR?
It kind of sounds like they (with great patience) try to explain why everyone can't be a FA, is that why you hate them with such passion, you didn't qualify?  :lol:
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1902 on: 2007 September 26, 06:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "nohead"
It kind of sounds like they (with great patience) try to explain why everyone can't be a FA, is that why you hate them with such passion, you didn't qualify?  :lol:

I don't qualify for being anything on TSR because I don't upload there because I hate the site.

Why Sherrie hates them with a passion (and for good reason) is because they told her how shit she was, despite wanting to keep her content.  Those screenshots weren't uploaded to show how unfair they were - merely that Tom Ass doesn't care about sims - just business - yet wants to send his little minions like NeptuneSuzy out to talk about "respect for fellow creators" - they're not "fellow creators" - they're business people.

And again, you've shown the stellar character of the paysite side in this snide comment - any way to snipe and make smarmy remarks, you guys will take it.  Way to go nohead - you're a sweet guy and a class act all the way  :wink: .

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: 2007 September 26, 06:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "nohead"

It also kind of sounds like they are using their special "famous" FAs to make themselves more money (and by selling a product that they shouldn't be selling). Watch the "ad hominem", nohead (I can't believe I have to tell you this again). What her reasons are in this case don't matter, what matters is the argument that she is making.
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1904 on: 2007 September 26, 08:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guess you found that kind of embarrassing eh 'nohead' LOL

and actually it's nothing to do with the fact 'TSR' called my creations crap,  to be fair, I dont think they did, ATWA actually said that. she blamed it on Thomass and kath, but she's not known for her truthfulness. I also had older mails from thomas stating the opposite, kath also denied it.

my dislike for TSR began, (and I emphasise BEGAN) when I was ORDERED (again by atwat) not to join or accept a free site from wicked sims because bluesoup once donated to them and was part of a board that insulted her work. "guilty by accociation" were her words. my work was only called crap by atwa and refused by TSR when I didnt listen to orders. I was in hospital at the time so I hadn't even had time to reply to atwa's demands. when however I still decided to accept a site, I was accused of being a pirate by thomass (according to atwa) and was informed by her that I was no longer welcome  at the tossers paradise. then my minisite was deleted, and I was offecially 'the enemy'  and have been constantly harrassed and been sent childish little death threats and hack threats ever since. (no head feeling he has to answer every post I make while ignoring others shows his personal obsession)

now  it's been suggested that thomas may have been the innocent in this matter and the real bad hag was atwat, However it was not her that deleted my site, and stole my work. IF she told him something to make him 'boot' me from TSR, why didnt he once ask if that was true or ever contact me?  also atwa is far too stupid to DDos attack a website.  

these were the actions that brought me here, but not the sole reason  I dislike TSR. ..I dislike them far more after reading and hearing of the way they have treated others - the greed, the bannings, the theft, the attacks, the trolls and the smear campaigns, I dislike them because:

THEY HACK FREE SITES AS THEY ARE SEEN AS A MONEY DRAIN ON THEIR BUSINESS , BUT THEIR BUSINESS IS BASED ON THE THEFT OF OTHER PEOPLES WORK WHETHER IT BE FROM EA, OTHER ARTISTS OR THE OWNERS OF THE USED TEXTURES, MADE WITH TOOLS THAT ALSO DO NOT BELONG TO THEM.

If they cant hack a site, they will smear the owners name.

They ban people and steal their money for 'suspecting' they are pirates, when they have not one shread of proof, are 99% WRONG in their accusations and the 1% that are in fact 'pirates' are doing nothing illegal and in fact are simply doing what EA encourage.

They hide behind false names, (and ugly hags) even though it dont take a rocket scientist to work out who they are. NO BRAINS would be more appropiate. because if shit hit the fan he can just deny it or blame it on his human shield.

and aside from the fact they are illegal, evil, lying, stealing, stalking, granny fucking scumbags, there is always the falseness the false names, false posts, their site is a cult, if you dont post wholesome TSR loving, ass kissing posts, you're censored. posting a million copy and pastes of 'thanks that wonderful' earns you spendable kudos. posting 'errm that broke my game' or 'is that legal' gets you a ban. any site that means you have to crawl up the ass of a talentess, egotistical, spinster in order to stay there is false. any site that offers 'promotions for favors' and no I'm not talking about atwa sucking your little winkie, I'm talking about what atwa promises her friends in exchange for her personal favors.

wanna know more of why I dislike you? go back to page 1 of this thread and read the whole 130+ fucking pages of other people who have had the same experiences as me and worse.

why have you not asked anyone else why they dislike your cult? why are my opinions so important to you? and did I mention you're an asshole?

well you did ask.....

ETA ...and while we're on the subject of falseness,  if you remember I REFUSED the SAship twice, but that didnt stop you making me a SA anyway did it? , seems your creators dont even have that choice, you just make them think they do.  Jerkoff

ETA: also what makes you the worst sucky paysite out of all sucky paysites is the fact you earn your money from other peoples work, you are the richest paysite owner and what have you created? FUCK ALL unless you count a couple of crappy hairs, hardly enough to sustain your swedish version of a belair lifestyle is it?. at least other paysites steal their own textures to resell, you have people doing the work for for you while you go out of town for your 'massages' you have other people working in your sweat shop to pay for it. taking money for content not made by you, or meant to be resold for profit. you are a pimp as well as a greedy, stalking, hacking, DDossing, tossing, arrogant, granny fucking bastard. Did I make myself clear enough for you?

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: